There’s no shortage of special ways to celebrate Independence day in Orlando. Whether you’re looking for a low key place to watch the fireworks with your family, a late night block party, or something in between, here’s a complete guide of events to plan your weekend around.
- In Downtown Orlando, families can bring blankets and chairs and grab a spot at Lake Eola for Fireworks at The Fountain starting at 4 p.m. on July 4. You can bring a picnic meal or purchase food and drinks from various vendors at the free event, which also offers live music, entertainment, activities for kids, and a firework spectacular at 10 p.m. It’s recommended to arrive early to grab good seats on the grass.
- For a not-so-family-friendly celebration, head downtown to Wall Street Plaza for the Red, White, and Brew Block Party. The two-day event starts at 9 p.m. on July 3 and runs all day on July 4. Enjoy food, outdoor games, big giveaways, and live music as well as $10 unlimited Sam Adams beverages from 5-8 p.m. on the fourth.
- I-Drive 360 is once again hosting the Fourth of Jul-Eye Celebration on the Orlando Eye. The free event will run from July 3-July 5, with live entertainment and family friendly activities starting at 10 a.m. each day. In the evenings, there will be a 20 minute patriotic light show displayed on the 400 foot observation wheel at 9 p.m. every night. All activities are free, but tickets still need to be purchased for rides on The Eye.
- If you’re planning to spend your day at one of the theme parks, there are still tons of special ways to celebrate Independence Day. Magic Kingdom replaces its regularly scheduled evening fireworks show over Cinderella Castle with Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky. The 15-minute spectacular runs nightly on July 3 and 4. You can also witness a whimsical retelling of famous moments in American history reenacted by The Muppets in Liberty Square during the live show titled The Muppets Present…Great Moments in History.
- Epcot is extending their Illuminations: Reflections of Earth nightly fireworks display to include a 5 minute Patriotic display at 10 p.m. on July 4. You can also meet Disney friends all decked out in their finest patriotic outfits in the American Adventure Pavilion throughout the day and catch performances by American Music Machine at various times in the afternoon at the America Gardens Theatre. Later in the evening, the Voices of Liberty with take over the theater for performances at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 p.m.
- Hollywood Studios hosts their Rockin’ Fourth of July Celebrations, complete with live music and fireworks above the Chinese Theater.
- At Disney’s Grand Floridian, there is a special ticketed Independence Day event. Families can enjoy grilled steak and shrimp and specialty alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages before viewing Magic Kingdom’s holiday fireworks display from the hotel’s Marina. Adult tickets are $120 plus tax, and tickets for kids between the ages of 3 and 9 are $59 plus tax. Call (407) WDW-DINE for reservations.
- SeaWorld Orlando‘s Ignite show will have a special patriotic ending on the 4th, beginning at 10:00 pm. Best viewing for this show is at Bayside Stadium.