As if we needed an excuse to eat donuts all day, June 5 is the official “National Donut Day.” Orlando is home to a variety of sweet shops that serve up next-level donuts.
Lard Lad Donuts – Universal Studios Florida
Fans of the long-running show “The Simpsons” know Lard Lad Donuts as a small shop in Springfield that attracts regular customers like Chief Wiggum and Homer Simpson. You can see what the hype is about for yourself in Springfield – Home of the Simpsons at Universal Studios Florida.
- The Big Pink – $5.99: Super-sized donut with sweet, creamy pink frosting and sprinkles
- D’oh-nuts – $2.99: Made fresh daily, D’oh-nut flavors are available in a variety of flavors including frosted, cookies and cream, Froot Loops, and more. You can buy them individually or in packs of four ($9.99)
- Brain Freezin’ D’oh-nut Sundaes – $6.99: Chocolate or vanilla soft serve ice cream on a pink frosted donut with your choice of toppings
Vivoli il Gelato – Disney Springs
At Vivoli il Gelato, located in The Landing at Disney Springs, you celebrate National Donut Day with Italian-style sweet treats!
- Bomboloni (Italian Doughnut) – $5: Covered in glaze, sugar, or topped with Nutella.
- The Leaning Tower of Doughnuts – $15: This *secret* menu item features two scoops of gelato, donut, donut holes, sauce, and whipped cream
For a lighter treat, you can opt for a mini Bomboloni ($5) or a set of four mini donuts ($5).
Erin McKenna Bakery NYC – Disney Springs
Also at Disney Springs, Erin McKenna Bakery NYC is primarily home to sweet treats like cupcakes and cookies, but there is also variety of fresh-baked donuts to enjoy.
- Fresh Baked Vegan Donuts – $4.75: Choose from flavors like cinnamon sugar, cookies & cream, coffee crunch, vanilla -dipped, chocolate-dipped, Samoa, and more!
Everything made at this bakery is free of refined sugar, gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, and eggs. All items are kosher as well.
Sugar Factory – ICON Park Orlando
Sugar Factory at ICON Park Orlando is the place to go for a less traditional way to celebrate National Donut Day. The out-of-this world menu features several funky and unexpected donut dishes!this is the place to go for a funky donut day celebration, the out of this world menu has crazy concoctions involving donuts
- Donut Burger – $18: 8-oz Certified Angus beef burger loaded with a grilled cheese sandwich, pepper jack cheese, and applewood bacon, all stuffed between two glazed donuts and sprinkled with powdered sugar
- Chocolate Rocky Road Milkshake – $18: Chocolate ice cream blended with chocolate sauce, walnuts, marshmallows, and chocolate pieces topped with chocolate covered marshmallows, a glazed donut, and a rocky road bar; served in a chocolate covered mug with crushed walnuts
- Cookie Monster Make A Wish Milkshake – $20: Cookies and cream ice cream blended with vanilla sauce; topped with whipped cream, a blue glazed donut, a chocolate chip cookie, and a blue frosted cupcake with a candle; served in a chocolate covered mug with chocolate chip cookie chunks
- Rainbow Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwich – $13: rainbow donuts with cookies and cream and chocolate ice cream; topped with whipped cream, raspberries, oreo cookie crumbs, and chocolate/raspberry sauces
- World Famous Sugar Factory King Kong Sundae – $99: This massive treat serves 12 people! It is made up of 24 scoops of ice cream covered with dark chocolate, caramel, and strawberry sauces, caramelized bananas, marshmallows, chocolate chip cookie pieces, glazed donut, a red velvet cupcake, white chocolate strawberry curls, gummy bears, reese’s pieces, oreo cookie crumbles, rainbow and chocolate sprinkles, graham cracker crumbles, waffle cones, unicorn pops, and candy necklaces; topped off with whipped cream, gummy cherries, and sparklers
VooDoo Doughnuts – Universal CityWalk
VooDoo Doughnuts, which became a hotspot at Universal CityWalk in 2018, will put you in total donut heaven. The Portland-based bakery serves up classic donut flavors and completely crazy concoctions you’ve probably never seen before! Their long list of sweet fried treats includes several vegan-friendly options.
- Fryer Flyer Dozen – $28.95: A preselected dozen of premium doughnuts
- All Classic Dozen – $16: A preselected dozen of classic doughnuts
- VooDoo Dozen – $19.95: A preselected mix that’s half classic, half crazy
- Chocolate Old Fashioned – $1.50: Cake with chocolate frosting
- Glazed Old Fashioned – $1.60: Glazed cake doughnut
- Plain Cake – $1.50: Classic cake doughnut
- Cinnamon Sugar Cake – $1.55: Plain cake doughnut with cinnamon sugar
- Blueberry Cake – $1.60: Glazed blueberry cake doughnut
- Sprinkle Cake – $1.60: Plain cake doughnut with vanilla frosting and sprinkles
- Eight Mile Cake – $2.50: Plain cake doughnut with vanilla frosting and mini M&M’s
- Powdered Sugar Cake – $1.55: Plain cake doughnut with powdered sugar
Devil’s Food Cake
- Double Chocolate – $1.65: Chocolate cake doughnut with chocolate frosting
- Butterfinger – $1.95: Chocolate cake doughnut with vanilla frosting and Butterfinger crumbles
- Chocolate Coconut Cake – $1.65: Chocolate cake doughnut with chocolate frosting and coconut flakes
- Ring of Fire – $1.65: Chocolate cake doughnut dusted in cinnamon sugar and cayenne pepper topped with a dried red chili pepper
- Apple Fritter – $3.45: Fried doughnut with apple chunks and cinnamon, covered with glaze
- Memphis Mafia Fritter – $5.25: Fried doughnut with banana chunks and cinnamon covered with glaze, drizzled with chocolate and peanut butter, and topped with peanuts and chocolate chips
- Glazed – $1.50: Raised yeast doughnut with glaze
- Little Pink – $1.75: Raised ring doughnut dipped in strawberry icing and topped with round sprinkles
- Oh Captain, My Captain – $2.50: Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Captain Crunch
- ODB – $2.95: Raised yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting, Oreo cookies, and peanut butter
- Chocolate Ring – $1.60: Raised yeast doughnut with chocolate frosting
- The Loop – $2.50: Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Froot Loops
- Dirt – $2.95: Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Oreo cookies
Other Specialty Treats
- Bacon Maple Bar – $3.65: Raised yeast bar topped with maple frosting and bacon
- Maple Bar – $1.60: Raised yeast bar topped with maple frosting
- Portland Cream – $2.80: Raised yeast shell filled with Bavarian cream and topped with chocolate and two eyeballs. This doughnut represents the vision of the city of Portland, the original home of VooDoo Doughnuts!
- Raspberry Romeo – $2.15: Raised yeast shell glaze and filled with raspberry jelly
- VooDoo Doll – $3.75: Raised yeast doll-shaped doughnut filled with raspberry jelly, topped with chocolate frosting and a pretzel stake
- Universal Orangesicle – $3.15: Raised yeast doughnut filled with Bavarian cream, topped with citrus frosting and chocolate pearls
- Cake – $2: Vegan cake doughnut
- Maple Bar – $2.10: Vegan fried dough bar with maple frosting
- VooDoo Doll – $4.25: Vegan cake filled with raspberry jelly, topped with chocolate frosting and a pretzel stake
- Vegan Glazed – $2: Plain vegan doughnut with glaze
- Vegan Portland Cream – $3.25: Vegan fried dough shell filled with vegan cream
Which of these spots will you be visiting on National Donut Day? For more inside scoop on the best sweet treats, check out Orlando’s most irresistible milkshakes!