Whether you side with the Imperial army or the Rebel alliance, Walt Disney World is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to Star Wars, one of the world’s most popular franchises. Star Wars transports you to a galaxy far, far away, and if you’re a fan headed to Walt Disney World, there are several Star Wars experiences that bring the force to you. Embark on an adventure with several out-of-this-world Disney experiences.
1. Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: Originally opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 1989 as Star Tours, the attraction most recently closed in July 2010 to make way for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, a successor which opened in 2011. The ride takes you on an adventure through the galaxy in a Starspeeder 1000 while exploring worlds like Naboo and Coruscant. You’ll also come face-to-face with Darth Vader and Boba Fett! C-3PO is the pilot of your ship as you rocket through the farthest reaches of the Star Wars galaxy, and each ride is unique every time. This is a must-see ride for any Star Wars fans visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
2. Star Wars Launch Bay: One of the parks’ newest additions, the Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is a Star Wars fans’ dream. The Launch Bay features immersive special exhibits where you can get an up-close look at replica props, models, costumes and artifacts from the Star Wars films. Guests can also watch a behind-the-scenes video on how a new generation of filmmakers is crafting the future of the Star Wars saga. Encounter some of the films’ most popular characters and take photos with the likes of Chewbacca and Darth Vader.
3. Jedi Training Academy: A popular attraction for younglings at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the Jedi Training Academy, where kids can put their skills to the test as a Jedi fighting the Dark Side. Those participating in the event will learn how to wield their lightsabers and use the force in the secret ancient Jedi temple. Guests wishing to participate in this event must be between the ages of 4 and 12 and must register before the show, as availability is limited.
4. Symphony in the Stars – A Galactic Spectacular: Enjoy the perfect end to your day with Symphony in the Stars, a new nighttime show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that features the themes of Star Wars created by the legendary composer John Williams. Listen to the classic Star Wars music as a dazzling array of fireworks burst above you into an awe-inspiring sight. A Galactic Spectacular can be viewed every night at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Please note that the show is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather.
5. Star Wars – Path of the Jedi: Watch a 10-minute retelling of the Star Wars saga which features how the Jedi Order rose and fell. If you’re looking to step away from the crowds, guests can learn about Anakin Skywalker and how he became Darth Vader, and how Luke, Leia and Han Solo joined the Rebel Alliance to defeat the Empire. The show is currently presented every 15 minutes at the ABC Sound Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
6. Tatooine Traders & Watto’s Grotto: Anyone looking to get their Star Wars fix should stop by Tatooine Traders or Watto’s Grotto, which feature a galaxy of goods that celebrate the popular saga. If you’re already checking out Star Tours, you’ll find yourself in Tatooine Traders following the end of your ride. At both shops, you’ll find a variety of Star Wars memorabilia including apparel, action figures, art, books, gifts and more. One of the most exciting features though is the ability to build your own lightsaber, and to build your own droid right in the store. With helpful instructions and cast members available to assist, you’ll be able to build a custom lightsaber or droid to take home with you!
7. Photo Opportunities: Who wouldn’t want to pose with their favorite characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Take photos amongst the Star Wars setting and with replica movie props to show off your galactic experience. Guests can post under an AT-AT walker, on a Speeder Bike that has darted through the lands of Endor, and an intergalactic bar modeled after the famous Mos Eisley cantina. You may even be lucky enough to encounter a few famous faces to take a photo with…
On top of these attractions, Star Wars fans can get even more excited for the Disney’s Hollywood Studios expansion that will feature an entirely themed Star Wars Land that is currently in development. If you’d like to experience what the park has to offer now, shop our discount Disney tickets at Tickets2You.com!