As you’re making your way through Disney World in the middle of summer, there’s nothing that can help you survive the brutal Florida heat like a sweet scoop of ice cream or a refreshing iced slushy. Luckily, all four Disney parks have chilling snack spots all over the place. This list highlights 10 of the best frozen indulgences and where to find them:
- Aloha Isle, located in Adventure Land at Magic Kingdom, is the home of the infamous Dole Whip, the frosty pineapple soft serve dessert. The tropical treat originated at Disneyland in 1986, and quickly became a Disney phenomenon that spread to Disney World and Disney Springs. Dole Whips are sold two ways; as soft serve in a cup or as a Dole Whip float, which is ice cream dunked in pineapple juice and topped with a maraschino cherry. The sweet snack has become such a sensation among Disney guests that it has inspired a merchandise line, complete with scented candles, t-shirts, and so much more.
- Also located in Adventure Land is Sunshine Terrace, where you can find slushies like non-alcoholic pina coladas and frozen raspberry lemonade. The highlight of the menu is the citrus swirl, which is orange slush with vanilla soft-serve ice cream.
- Don’t ignore the refreshment carts scattered all throughout the resort–The iconic Mickey Ice Cream Bar is neck & neck with the Dole Whip as the most beloved Disney dessert.Walt Disney World sells around 3.3 million a year.There are many opportunities for big fans of the vanilla ice cream treats covered in a chocolate shell to buy souvenirs dedicated to the simple treat, even ice cream scented air fresheners shaped like the ice cream bar.
- The Plaza Parlour on Main Street U.S.A at Magic Kingdom is a nostalgic ice cream shop with classic sundaes and root beer floats. There are several signature sundaes like the All American and Mickey’s Kitchen Sink, but the real star is the Doughnut Sundae. The delicious treat is made up of a glazed doughnut, cinnamon apple topping, a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate and peanut butter chips, hot fudge, and milk chocolate Mickey ears, topped with a cherry.
- Although Epcot’s World Showcase offers a variety of amazing international culinary creations, two countries in particular stand out the most in terms of frozen foods. Gelati in the Italy pavilion has several different flavors of gelato that can be served in a cup, cone, or between two chocolate chip cookies. However, the snack stand’s Espresso Gelato Affogato is a treat unlike any other. The Italian indulgence is comprised of fresh Italian espresso over Fior Fi Latter gelato, topped with chocolate coffee beans. The other outstanding offering comes from the Japan pavilion’s Kabuki Cafe, which offers refreshing shaved ice in rainbow, strawberry, melon, cherry, and tangerine flavors. What sets this sweet spot apart from the rest is the Sake Mist, which is alcoholic shaved ice available in blood orange, chocolate cherry, or coffee flavor.
- The Test Track Cool Wash in Future World at Epcot provides a quick spot to cool off with a refreshing frozen drink, coca cola, fanta blue raspberry, and raspberry lemonade. To take it up a notch, have your frozen beverage served with a splash of Grey Goose, Captain Morgan, or Jack Daniels.
- At Hollywood Studios’ Indiana Jones-inspired Oasis Canteen, you can find several different sweet treats like ice cream in a waffle cones and root beer floats. By far, the most decadent dessert at the snack stand is the funnel cake, topped with soft serve vanilla ice cream and strawberry topping.
- Pongu Pongu is the newest spot on the list, found in Animal Kingdom’s brand new World of Pandora. While several unique snacks can be found in the new land, the Night Blossom is one-of-a-kind. The frozen mixture of limeade with apple and desert pear, topped with passion fruit boba, is the only non-alcoholic option at Pongu Pongu.
- Animal Kingdom’s Warung Outpost in the park’s Asia area offers a variety of refreshments, such as the non-alcoholic Shangri-La Berry Freeze. However, the Triple Yeti blast is a concoction for the adventurous over-21-year-olds. The beverage is a combination of Kali River Mango, Maharaja Lime and Bali Hai Strawberry margaritas.
There’s no better time to enjoy an ice cold treat than in the heat of a Florida summer, so grab your discount Disney tickets and start tasting now!