Just like Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort is crawling with opportunities to run into familiar characters from television shows and movies. From meet and greets to street performances and character dining, there are countless ways to get up close and personal to your favorite Universal icons.
Character Meet & Greets
Each section of the park hosts photo opportunities with infamous Universal characters all throughout the day. Plan your day around meeting your favorites with the guide below. However, you should keep in mind that times and characters are subject to change so it’s helpful to refer to your park map for accurate times when you’re in the park.
- Woody Woodpecker, Curious George, Marilyn Monroe, Betty Boop, Lucille Ball, and Doc Brown: 9 am – 4:15 pm
- Dora & Diego: 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm
- Secret Life of Pets: 10:30 am, 122:30 pm, 4:15 pm
- Spongebob: 10 am, 12 pm, 1:50 pm
- Despicable Me: 11 am, 1 pm, 4:35 pm
Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone
- Spongebob Squarepants & Patrick (at Spongebob Storepants): 10 am – 8:30 pm
- The Trolls (Poppy and Branch): 9:45 am, 11:05 am, 12:15 pm, 1:55 pm, 3:05 pm, 4:45 pm
- Meet the Transformers (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron): 9 am – 8:50 pm
- Meet Shrek and Donkey: 10 am – 12:45 pm, 11:40 pm – 4:25 pm
Springfield: Home of the Simpsons
- The Simpsons
- Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob
Islands of Adventure
Marvel Superhero Island
- Marvel Superheroes (Captain America, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, and Rogue): 10:45 am, 11:45 am, 12:45 pm, 3:45 pm, 4:45 pm
- Spider-Man: 9:40 AM – 8:15 PM.
- Marvel Villains (Dr. Doom and The Green Goblin): 10:15 am, 11:15 am, 12:15 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:15 pm, 4:15 pm
- Cat in the Hat, Sam I Am, Thing One & Thing Two and The Grinch: 9 am – 12:20 pm, 1 pm – 4:20 pm
- Betty Boop, Popeye the Sailor Man and his wife Olive Oyl: 11:15 am – 2 pm, 2:30 pm – 5 pm
If a quick pic and autograph doesn’t satisfy your desire to hang with your favorite characters, you might be interested in one of Universal Orlando’s Character Dining Experiences.
The Marvel Character Dinner, hosted at Cafe 4 on Islands of Adventure’s Superhero Island, features guest appearances by Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm and Rogue.
At Universal’s Loews Sapphire Falls hotel, you can dine with Gru and the gang at the Despicable Me Character Breakfast at Cayman Court every Saturday. Join Gru, Margo, Edith, Agnes and the Minions for a buffet of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, and other classic dishes at 7:30 AM, 9 AM, or 10:30 AM. The best part? You don’t have to be a guest at the hotel to experience this character meal!
Universal Orlando offers two seasonal character meals, one at Halloween time and one during the holiday season. The Halloween Horror Nights Scareactor Dining Experience is for the brave souls who think they can survive a meal with the actors that haunt the park during Halloween Horror Nights. The dinner is held at Classic Monster Cafe at Universal Studios and features a special buffet menu. Children under the age of 13 are not advised to attend this experience. The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoopendous in Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure is a buffet-style holiday breakfast featuring all your favorite characters from Dr. Seuss’ “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”