One of the elements that sets Walt Disney World apart from every other theme park is the never-ending roster of character appearances from beloved Disney television shows and movies. Having the opportunity to interact with your favorite princess or Pixar character adds a whole new layer of magic to your experience. We’ve the the complete guide to hanging with Disney friends at parks.
Character Meet & Greets
One of the most memorable (and most affordable) souvenirs that can be collected from a trip to Disney World is a photo or an autograph from your favorite characters. Across all four WDW parks, there are countless meet and greet opportunities available each day. Listed below are the times and locations of character stops at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Buzz Lightyear at Star Command Headquarters: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Ariel at her grotto: 9:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Donald, Minnie, Daisy and Goofy at Pete’s Silly Sideshow: 10 am – 7:30 pm, 2 lines (one for Daisy and Minnie, one for goofy and donald)
- Gaston near his tavern: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Merida at Fairytale Garden: 9:15 am – 6:15 pm; “play and greet” experience, practice archery, color your own tapestry of Merida and Angus (horse) and meet her
- Peter Pan: 12:00 – 5:30
- Rapunzel & Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall (fastpasses available): 9 am – 10:30 pm
- Winnie the Pooh and Tigger at the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: 10:45 AM – 7:00 PM
- Aladdin and Princess Jasmine at the Agrabah Bazaar: throughout the day from 9:30 am – 5:10 pm
Main Street U.S.A.
- Pluto and other Disney Friends in Town Square: 9:05 am – 2:10 pm
- Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater (fastpasses available): 9 am – 10:30 pm
- Tinkerbell at Town Square Theater (fastpasses available): transported into pixie hollow; 9 am – 10:30 pm
- Anna & Elsa in Norway at the Royal Sommerhaus: 9 am – 9 pm
- Alice in Wonderland in the United Kingdom: 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 4:20, 5:20
- Belle in France: 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2:50 pm, 3:50 pm, 4:50 pm
- Donald Duck in Mexico next to the Pyramid: 12 pm – 3 pm, 4:10 pm – 7 pm
- Mary Poppins in the United Kingdom: 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm
- Mulan in China by the Temple of Heaven: 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3:50 pm, 4:50 pm
- Princess Jasmine in Morocco near Restaurant Marrakesh: 11:45 am, 12:45 pm, 1:45 pm, 2:$5 pm, 4:35 pm, 5:35 pm
- Snow White in Germany: 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 5:20 pm, 6:20 pm
- Baymax at Hiro’s Workshop (Epcot Character Spot): 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Daisy & Friends at Legacy Plaza West: 8:45 am – 12:15 pm, 1:25 pm – 3:55 pm
- Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at Epcot Character Spot (fastpasses available): 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Joy & Sadness from Inside Out at Headquarters (also in the Epcot Character Spot with Baymax): 9 am – 9 pm
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Baloo and King Louie at Upcountry Landing: 10:30 am – 2 pm, 3 pm – 6 pm
Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Doc McStuffins: 10:15 am – 12:45 pm, 1:55 pm, 4:45 pm
- Rafiki: 10:15 am – 4:30 pm
- Mickey and Minnie at Adventurers Outpost: 8 am – 6:30 pm
- Flik on Discovery Trails West: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm – 5 pm
- Pocahontas at Character Landing: 9 am – 6:30 pm
- Russell from Up!: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Donald Duck at Cretaceous Trail: 10 am – 5:30 pm
- Goofy and Pluto outside Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures: 10:45 am – 5:30 pm
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, and BB-8 at Star Wars Launch Bay: 9 am – 8 pm
- Disney Junior Friends (Doc McStuffins, Pirate Jake, & Sofia the First): 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight: 9 am – 8 pm
- Buzz Lightyear and Woody at the Pixar Studios Camera Dept: 9 am – 8 pm
- Cruz Ramirez: 10 am – 7 pm
- Mickey and Minnie starring in Red Carpet Dreams: 9 am – 8 pm
If a quick meet and greet doesn’t offer you enough quality time with your favorite characters, then Character Dining might be the perfect solution. Each Walt Disney World park and several resort hotels offer exciting breakfast, lunch and dinner opportunities with various Disney characters, from Mickey and Minnie to Classic princesses and even the Disney Junior gang.
Classic Disney princesses stroll around the restaurant at Cinderella’s Royal Table, stopping to take photos and sign autographs for guests at each table. Available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, reservations are highly recommended for this dining experience.
Dine with Winnie the Pooh and friends at the Crystal Palace and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner buffets loaded with classic American favorites while the Hundred Acre Woods crew wanders around posing for pictures and signing autographs.
For a different kind of character dining experience, try Tiana’s Riverboat Party. The ice cream social takes place on the Liberty Square Riverboat, where guests can watch the Festival of Fantasy parade make its way down Main Street as they cruise along the Rivers of America with Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.
Chip n Dale’s Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill in The Land pavilion features breakfast, lunch and dinner menus made up of fresh foods straight from the Living With the Land greenhouses. As you enjoy your family style meal in the rotating restaurant, Chip, Dale and other Disney favorites will make their way to your table for a meet and greet.
At the Norway pavilion in the World Showcase, you can dine with Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Princess Aurora, and Ariel with Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Choose from an American breakfast or a Norwegian lunch/dinner feast.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or family-style dinner with Safari Donald and friends at Tusker House Restaurant with menus inspired by African flavors.
The Disney Junior Play’n’Dine at Hollywood and Vine allows guests to mingle with friends from Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Handy Manny. The breakfast buffet has a variety of dining options including Mickey waffles, made to order omelets, pastries, frittatas, and fresh fruit.
Minnie’s Seasonal Dine, also at Hollywood and Vine provides the opportunity to enjoy lunch or dinner with Minnie, Mickey, Daisy, Donald, and Goofy. The seasonal themes celebrate show business through the seasons through the unique music, decor, character costumes and menu.
- Silver Screen Dine (January 8, 2018 – March 11, 2018): A banquet that honors the “glitz and glamour of Tinseltown’s finest” by paying tribute to Hollywood blockbusters.
- Springtime Dine (March 12, 2018 – June 3, 2018): Invites guests to “shake off winter’s chill with a diving dinner party that marks the bright and beautiful delights of spring.”
- Summertime Dine (June 4, 2018 – September 2, 2018): Celebrate the summer with this beachy bash.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers several character dining options. The Supercalifragilistic Breakfast is an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet with appearances from Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, The Mad Hatter, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh. As you mingle with the beloved characters from 8:00 AM – 11:50 AM, you can enjoy custom made omelets, Mickey waffles, mini pancakes, carved ham, and more. At Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner, guests are invited to be the honored guests of Cinderella and Prince Charming to dine with Storybook Friends. The menu is a representation of several “kingdoms” from around the world with seafood, salad, pasta and beef dishes. There are also kid-friendly options like chicken, pizza, and macaroni & cheese available. Reservations can be made nightly between 4:00 PM and 9:00 PM. The Wonderland Tea Party, hosted by characters from Alice in Wonderland, is just for kids ages 4-12. Partygoers can sip on apple juice “tea” while decorating cupcakes, making crafts, playing games, and taking photos with the character hosts. Reservations are required for this tea party. For an all-ages tea party, head to Aurora’s garden for the Perfectly Princess Tea. Hosted by an enchanted rose from the garden, the special meet and greet with Princess Aurora includes storytelling, sing-a-longs, apple juice “tea”, fruit, sandwiches and princess cake for kids as well as actual tea and finger sandwiches for grown-ups accompanying their little princesses. The festivities end with a special princess parade.
Chef Mickey’s Fun Time Buffet at Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers guests the chance to hang with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy for breakfast, brunch and dinner. The breakfast menu features mini Mickey waffles, chili cornbread casserole, fresh fruit, bacon, and specialty pancakes of the day. At Brunch, you can order classic scrambles and the Chef’s selection of seasonal veggies. The Dinner buffet offerings include peel & eat shrimp, baked chicken, a seafood boil, roasted salmon, carving station selections, and a sundae bar.
The Best Friends Brunch featuring Lilo & Stitch at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort offers a family-style American breakfast inspired by Polynesian flavors with dishes like scrambled eggs, island style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausage, Hawaiian-style ham topped with pineapple compote, fresh fruits, and assorted breads. You can enjoy this meal hosted by Lilo, Stitch and other Disney friends from 7:30 AM – 12 PM.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort hosts Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast from 7:30 AM – 11 AM, where Minnie and friends arrive dressed in their beachy best to dine on Mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, sausage, oatmeal, and more.
The Hootin’ Tootin’ Hoedown at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort is a music filled hoedown at the campground’s open air pavilion with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale. The all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet offers BBQ ribs, smoked chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, and macaroni & cheese. Guests can also enjoy lemonade, fruit punch, soft drinks, and complimentary wine and beer. In addition to the food, you can participate in line dancing led by the Disney friends and learn cowboy rope tricks.
Walt Disney World Swan hotel‘s character dinner features a surprise duo of Disney friends stopping by each night to mingle with diners. The hotel also hosts Good Morning Breakfasts on Saturdays and Sundays that also feature a different duo of characters making appearances each day.
The Four Seasons’ restaurant Ravello hosts the Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy and Pals on Thursdays and Sundays from 7:30 AM – 11 AM. Enjoy a traditional breakfast buffet, omelet stations, and your choice of juice, soft drink, coffee or tea. Durign school breaks, the Good Morning Breakfast is available on Tuesdays as well.
The Bon Voyage Character Breakfast Disney’s Boardwalk Resort’s Trattoria al Forno features special appearances from Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider. Entrees include a Frittata with roasted red peppers, potatoes and Pecorino Romano cheese, fluffy buttermilk pancakes with bacon or sausage, and breakfast calzones with scrambled eggs, cured meat and a blend of cheeses stuffed in an oven baked dough served with Sunday gravy. Guests are also served seasonal fruit and freshly baked pastries for the table.