Chocolate Milkshake Day is like a National excuse to cheat on your diet and Orlando is home to some of the most decadent indulgences. Take advantage of the heaven-sent holiday and treat yourself to one of these crazy concoctions.
- Sugar Factory’s Chocolate Rocky Road Milkshake tops the list because it is a chocolate creation unlike any other. The restaurant lists their shakes on the menu as “insane milkshakes” and that’s easily the most accurate way to describe the wild treats –they even have a Bacon Cheeseburger Milkshake! The Chocolate Rocky Road shake is served in a towering mug that’s covered in chocolate and crushed walnuts. Inside the mug is chocolate ice cream with walnuts, marshmallow, and chocolate chip pieces. Topping the unbelievable drink is a chocolate covered marshmallow and a glazed donut. You can find this crazy chocolate shake and tons of other “Insane” shakes at Sugar Factory Orlando, located in the I-Drive 360 complex.
- The Chocolate X5 Milkshake from Citywalk’s Toothsome Chocolate Emporium takes a close second after the Sugar Factory’s insane milkshakes. The decadent dessert is made of chocolate ice cream, chocolate chunks, strawberries, chocolate sauce, fresh whipped cream, and chocolate spirals all topped with a cherry.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream has locations all around Orlando, including several inside Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure and a shop in the I-Drive 360 complex. Although you can request a milkshake made from any of the hundreds of Ben & Jerry’s flavors, the chocolatiest option is a Chocolate Therapy shake. This particular form of therapy includes chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookies, and swirls of chocolate pudding.
- Ghirardelli Quake Shakes are ice cream milkshakes infused with rich caramel, strawberry, or mint chocolate Ghirardelli chocolate bars. You can find this luxurious creation at the Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop at Disney Springs.
- Also found at Disney Spring is the Belgian Chocolate Shake from Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Shop, which is concocted of four scoops of Belgian chocolate ice cream and fresh milk, topped with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. The rich milkshake is served in a chocolate fudge drizzled cup.
- For the classic milkshake lovers, the Whole Lot A Shake from Mel’s Diner is a perfect choice. Universal’s replica of the famous Hollywood diner serves soft-serve milkshakes in chocolate, vanilla, or swirled flavors that
For even more sweet treats, check out our guide to Universal Orlando’s most delicious desserts!