The Epcot International Festival of Arts returns to Walt Disney World on January 14 for a 39-day celebration of visual, culinary, and performing arts! This year’s festival, which takes place daily through February 24, will feature creative food studios, brilliant performances, and other unique activities all around the park.
As you walk around the park, you have the opportunity to take in some incredible art in a variety of galleries inspired by Disney and other cultures from around the world.
Must-See Art Galleries
You can take a look at works created by up-and-coming artists in amazing curated collections all throughout the park. Galleries are open from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily.
- Art of Disney (Future World West): Features Festival merchandise, original artwork, and more
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery (Mexico Pavilion): ‘Remember Me!’ La Celebracion del Dia de Muertos – Displays the artistry and traditions of Dia de Muertos
- Stave Church Gallery (Norway Pavilion): Gods of the Vikings – Features the legends and myths of the real vikings
- House of the Whispering Willows (China Pavilion): Inside Shanghai Disney Resort – Get the inside scoop on the wonders of the new Shanghai Disney Resort
- American Heritage Gallery (The American Adventure): Creating Tradition: Innovation and Change in American Indian Art – An all-new exhibit that celebrates American Indian art
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery (Japan Pavilion): Kawaii Japan’s Cute Culture – Showcases the history and evolution of kawaii, Japan’s cute culture
Characters Off the Page
During the festival, some favorite Disney characters can be found hanging out around the World Showcase near their very own portraits. Some characters and masterpieces you will find include:
- United Kingdom Pavilion: Alice is with a portrait of the White Rabbit, drawn in her journal from memories of her journey in Wonderland.
- France Pavilion: Aurora near a beautiful watercolor portrait of the princess, painted by Flora and Merriweather using a French Impressionist style. Belle is also found in the France pavilion alongside a quick Parisian sketch of herself created by her father Maurice.
- Germany Pavilion: Snow White is with a 19th century German Romanticism-style portrait of herself, painted by Doc.
- China Pavilion: Mulan along with a traditional parchment, which Mushu used as a canvas for a scorched portrait of the heroine.
- Mexico Pavilion: Donald Duck can be found with a bright self-portrait he created, inspired by Frida Kahlo.
The festival also celebrates performing arts with a variety of incredible showcases around the park and the popular “Disney on Broadway” concert series!
Art Defying Gravity
On each day of the event, festival guests will be amazed by performance artists displaying thrilling acts that defy gravity and spark the imagination.
Performing Arts Showcases
A variety of high school bands will show off their skills with live performances of jazz and pop music during the festival. Showcases take place at various times on Sunday-Saturday each week.
Epcot Living Statues
All around the park, statues will come to life right before your eyes seven days a week!
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
The beloved Disney on Broadway Concert Series is back this year, with show-stopping performances from favorite Disney musicals at the America Gardens Theater. A variety of Broadway singers will make appearances on stage for three shows daily at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM, and 8:00 PM each night. The concert series lineup includes:
- January 17: Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
- January 18-19: Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
- January 20-21: Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
- January 22-23: Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee
- January 24: Kissy Simmons & Alton Fitzgerald White
- January 25: Kissy Simmons, Heidi Blickenstaff, Alton Fitzgerald White & Gavin Lee
- January 26: Kara Lindsay & Kevin Massey
- January 27: Liana Hunt & Adam Jacobs
- January 28-29: Kara Lindsay & Kevin Massey
- January 30-31: Liana Hunt & Adam Jacobs
- February 1-2: Kara Lindsay & Kevin Massey
- February 3-4: Liana hunt & Adam Jacobs
- February 5-6: Kara Lindsay & Kevin Massey
- February 7-8: Liana Hunt & Adam Jacobs
- February 9: Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey, & TBD
- February 10: Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
- February 11: Sydnee Winters & Michael James Scott
- February 12-13: Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
- February 14-17: Sydnee Winters & Michael James Scott
- February 18-19: Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
- February 20-21: Sydnee Winters & Michael James Scott
- February 22-23: Ashley Brown & Josh Strickland
- February 24: Special performance featuring Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Sydnee Winters, and Michael James Scott
Disney on Broadway Dining Packages
Make it dinner and a show with a Disney on Broadway dining package. In addition to reserved seating at the concert of your choice, packages also include a three-course meal (appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage) or one full buffet at the following participating restaurants:
Biergarten Restaurant (Germany Pavilion)
- Lunch: $57 for adults, $32 for kids
- Dinner: $57 for adults, $32 for kids
Coral Reef Restaurant (The Living Seas Pavilion)
- Lunch: $69 for adults, $22 for kids
- Dinner: $69 for adults, $22 for kids
The Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land Pavilion)
- Breakfast: $52 for adults, $31 for kids
- Lunch: $65 for adults, $39 for kids
- Dinner: $65 for adults, $39 for kids
Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room (United Kingdom Pavilion)
- Lunch: $57 for adults, $22 for kids
- Dinner: $57 for adults, $22 for kids
The culinary arts are on full display during the Epcot International Festival of Arts with a variety of innovative and unique Food Studios set up all around the park! All throughout the World Showcase and Future World you can indulge in all kinds of savory and sweet treats along with refreshing specialty beverages. Food Studios and other festival dining locations are open daily from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM during the event. View the full list of Festival Locations and their menus in this Food Studio Guide!
Along with all of the incredible Food Studios, you can celebrate the culinary arts at the Le Cellier Brunch in the Canada pavilion. The weekend dining experience, available every Saturday and Sunday during the festival, offers a sophisticated taste of Canada from the comfort of a quaint chateau. The prix fixe menu includes:
- Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Avocado Toast
- Montreal Spiced Corn Beef Hash
- Le Cellier Eggs Benedict
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bread Pudding
- Maple Creme Brulee
- Northern Mimosa
- Le Cellier Bloody Caesar
- Joffrey’s Le Cellier Blend Press Pot Coffee
Brunch reservations at Le Cellier are available from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM each festival weekend. The dining experience costs an additional $67 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
For guests who want to get in on the actions by creating their own art, a series of “Infinite Wisdom Workshops” will take place on Saturdays and Sundays during the festival. Each workshop will run from 10:00 AM to 11:15 AM in the World Showplace Events Center. Participation in the workshops will be $45 per person in addition to regular admission to Epcot.
Ink & Paint Animation
On select Saturdays at 10 AM, an Ink & Paint Animation workshop will be led by Lynn Rippberger, a Disney Animation Ink and Paint artist. During the sessions, you will learn the history of 2D cel animation and paint your own ink and paint cel of a beloved Disney character! This workshop’s schedule is as follows:
- January 18, 2020: Mickey Mouse
- January 25, 2020: Minnie Mouse
- February 1, 2020: Donald Duck
- February 8, 2020: Pluto
- February 15, 2020: Goofy
- February 22, 2020: Mickey Mouse
Disney 3D Paper Crafting
On Sunday, January 19, Dave Avanzino (Dave Avanzino Designs, Inc.) will present a Disney 3D Paper Crafting workshop at 10:00 AM. During this seminar, attendees will create their own dimensional paper artwork while learning techniques like cutting, folding, and adding spacers. The final masterpiece will be a framed 3D Disney shadowbox.
Gesture Drawing Basics: “Story Telling Drawings”
Former Disney Animator and owner of Bright Animation Todd Bright will offer his knowledge of gesture drawing on Sunday, January 26 at 10:00 AM and on Sunday, February 16 at 10:00 AM and 10:30 AM. During this workshop, you will create your own quick sketches and learn how important gesture drawings are in the process of storytelling.
Animation 101: Flip Book Fundamentals
Learn the basics of animation from Todd Bright (Bright Animation) during Flip Book Fundamentals on Sunday, February 2 or Sunday, February 23 at 10:00 AM. In addition to getting amazing insight from the animator behind Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, and other Disney films, you will get to bring your own drawings to life in a fun flipbook!
Doodling with Viz
With the help of Gregg “Viz” Visintainer (owner of Viz Art Ink and WonderGround Artist), you can take your doodle skills to the next level on Sunday, February 9 at 10:00 AM. During the seminar, participants will watch and learn how Viz creates his Viz Art Ink masterpieces before creating their own doodles with hidden pictures and words!
Paint with a Disney Artist
For a more in-depth session, you can reserve a spot in a painting session with a talented Disney artist. No matter the skill level, guests will enjoy the rare opportunity to learn from one of the best in an indoor or outdoor class.
Morning of Delight with Todd Bright takes place on Saturday, January 18 and Saturday, February 15 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM. The oil painting sessions, which will be held somewhere in the World Showcase, begin with a continental breakfast at the World Showplace.
On Saturday, February 8 and Saturday, February 22, guests can learn watercolor painting with Disney artist Kevin-John at The Living Seas. Before the afternoon of painting begins, guests can enjoy a variety of refreshments.
Green Landing Family Play Zone
Kids of all ages can burn off a little extra energy at Wall-E and Eve’s innovative playground. The lush green environment is filled with plenty of opportunities for imaginations to run wild!
Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
Figment’s Brush with the Masters is a unique way to explore the Arts Festival while hunting for famous artwork hidden in each pavilion o the World Showcase. Start by purchasing a map and stickers from Odyssey Festival Showplace, Pin Central, or World Traveler. Then as you wander through the showcase, keep an eye out for Figment-themed picture frames and match the corresponding stickers to their locations on the map. Once you’ve located all of them, return your completed map to Disney Traders for a special surprise!
Expression Section: A Paint-by-Number Mural
The Expression Section mural in Future World is open daily from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Stop by and watch the collaborative art project, or grab a paintbrush and join in the fun yourself!
Chalk Full of Character
New to the festival this year is a fun game called “Chalk Full of Character”. All around the park, chalk drawings of beloved characters like Abu and Jiminy Cricket are hidden in the World Showcase. See how many you can find!
Special Photo Opportunities
You can step inside the art at various creative photo ops set up around the park. In addition to a Peter Pan Storybook installation in the United Kingdom pavilion, other larger-than-life portraits include:
- An homage to Frida Kahlo in the Mexico pavilion
- Mona Lisa (Leonardo da Vinci) and The Scream (Edvard Munch) in the Italy pavilion
- Washington Crossing the Delaware (Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze) in the American Adventure Pavilion
- Luncheon of the Boating Party (Pierre-Auguste Renoir) in the France Pavilion
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is included with regular park admission, so when you’re ready to embrace your inner Picasso head to Tickets2You.com to grab your discount Disney World tickets!