Epcot’s 22nd annual Food and Wine Festival begins this weekend, and this year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever. Lasting for a record breaking 75 days, the festivities officially start on August 31 and will run until November 13. In order to celebrate 35 years of Epcot there will be a total of 35 different Global Marketplaces, including several new kiosks. Overall the experience is focused on family with dishes designed to appeal children’s tastes and culinary demonstrations that will inspire family fun.
Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak Scavenger Hunt is back, giving families an exciting way to experience the festival. Buy the map and stickers from select merchandise locations and start the search for the ingredients Remy needs to make his signature ratatouille. There are 15 Remy statuettes hidden throughout the World Showcase, and once you find them all you can return your completed map at Disney Traders to receive a special prize.
Let your complimentary festival passport guide your travels through the World Showcase and indulge in perfect pairings of sweet and savory dishes and beverages from all over the world. Joining the line-up of Global Marketplaces this year are five new kiosks: Active Eats, Coastal Eats, Flavors from Fire, Light Lab, and The Almond Orchard Hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. The Active Eats menu consists of action packed, flavorful foods like loaded mac’n’cheese, while Coastal Eats offers seafood options to be paired with wines grown from the Pacific coastline. The Light Lab sells refreshing bubbly beverages from vitamin waters to special brews and mixed drinks. Also new to the festival is the Epcot Legacy Showplace at the Odyssey Pavilion, which celebrates Epcot’s 35th year with a “tasty tribute to the past, present, and future.” The 35 food and drink stands extend from the World Showcase into Future World, you can get the full list of marketplaces and their menus here. For those who attend the festival every year, you can look forward to 39 brand new dishes throughout the marketplaces, as well as 65 new cocktails, beers, wines and ciders.
The Chef’s Showcase at the Festival Center hosts a variety of seminars during the Food & Wine fest. Beverage seminars hosted by various sommeliers and other drink experts happen twice on Monday – Thursday at 1:30 pm and again 3:30 pm, and at three times on Friday – Sunday; 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm, and 5:00 pm. Guests can sample several different adult beverages while they learn about winemaking, brewing, or distilling techniques. Each beverage seminar costs $17 per person plus tax, and you can view the full schedule here.
Get expert pairing tips on cheeses and wines from around the world in the Chef’s Showcase at the Festival Center on select Saturdays from 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM. Tickets for the event are $89 per person plus tax, and space is limited so reservations are recommended.
- Sept. 2: French Cheeses and Wines
- Sept. 16: Italian Cheeses and Wines
- Sept. 30: Mediterranean Cheeses and Wines
- Oct. 7: Old World Cheese Classic Cheese
- Oct. 14: The Great Cheese and Wines of the United States
- Oct. 28: Great British Cheeses and Ales
- Nov. 11: Season’s Best Cheeses and Wines
Sharpen your kitchen skills at scheduled Culinary Demonstrations each day of the festival in the Chef’s Showcase at the Festival Center, where guests can get tips from professional chefs on how to prepare a variety of meals. On Monday through Thursday the demonstrations are at 2:30 PM and on Friday through Sunday there are two demos per day, at 12:15 PM and again at 2:30 PM. Entrance to each session costs $17 per person. Check out the full schedule of demonstrations here.
Learn from mixologists, bakers, chefs and other pros at Mix It! Make It! Celebrate It! Monday through Thursday each week from 12;15 PM to 1:30 PM. The interactive series has sessions on everything from cocktails to spices or desserts, and all attendees get to eat their creations at the end of the session. Each session is $49 plus tax, get the full schedule here.
What’s Cookin’ With… is a one-of-a-kind dining experience hosted by a variety of celebrity chefs and industry experts. At each session, guests enjoy the featured host’s favorite dish while learning tricks and insights on how to prepare the meal from the chef themselves. After the cooking demo is a Q&A session with the VIP chef, and the presentation ends with a sparkling toast. This seminar is on select Fridays and Sundays in the Festival. Tickets are $129 plus tax per person.
Featured culinary experts include:
- Sept. 3: Shaun O’Neale
- Sept. 10: Alex Guarnaschelli
- Sept. 15: Stuart O’Keeffe
- Sept. 17: Jet Tila
- Sept. 24: Art Smith
- Sept. 29: Graham Elliot
- Oct. 6: Jamie Deen
- Oct. 8: Jeffrey Zakarian
- Oct. 15: Bryan Voltaggio
- Oct. 20 & 22: Robert Irvine
- Oct. 27 & 29: Cat Cora
- Nov. 3: Carla Hall
- Nov. 10: Sarah Fiorini
- Nov. 12: Buddy Valastro
There is a grand total of 379 culinary demonstrations and seminars in the Festival Center
The Chew will be filming 5 episodes live from the Epcot Food and Wine Festival on October 4 – October 6. The show starts at 9:00 am and ends at 12:00 pm each day. In addition to an admission ticket to Epcot for the day guests will need an audience ticket as well, which can be requested here.
The Eat to the Beat concert series includes nightly performances at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 pm at the America Gardens Theatre. Featuring more than 30 new and returning music acts, the series consists of 225 total concert throughout the duration of the festival.
- Aug. 31 – Sept. 1: Delta Rae
- Sept. 2 – Sept. 3: The Hooters (NEW!)
- Sept. 4 – Sept. 5: Baha Men (NEW!)
- Sept. 6 – Sept. 7: Fuel
- Sept. 8 – Sept. 10: Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
- Sept. 11 – Sept. 12: Lauren Alaina (NEW!)
- Sept. 13 – Sept. 15: Plain White T’s
- Sept. 16 – Sept. 17: Sister Hazel
- Sept. 18 – Sept. 20: Air Supply
- Sept. 21 – Sept. 22: David Cook
- Sept. 23 – Sept.24: Everclear
- Sept. 25 – Sept. 27: Sugar Ray
- Sept. 28 – Sept. 29: 38 Special
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 1: Mark Wills (NEW!)
- Oct. 2 – Oct. 3: American Authors (NEW!)
- Oct. 4 – Oct. 5: Christopher Cross
- Oct. 6 – Oct. 8: Devon Allman (NEW!)
- Oct. 9 – Oct. 11: Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX
- Oct. 12 – Oct. 13: Taylor Dane
- Oct. 14 – Oct. 15: Jeffrey Osbourne
- Oct. 16 – Oct. 17: Postmodern Jukebox (NEW!)
- Oct. 18 – Oct. 20: 10,000 Maniacs (NEW!)
- Oct. 21 – Oct. 22: Toad the Wet Sprocket
- Oct. 23 – Oct. 24: Kenny G (NEW!)
- Oct. 25 – Oct. 26: Billy Ocean
- Oct. 27 – Oct. 29: Tiffany
- Oct. 30 – Nov. 1: Hanson
- Nov. 2 – Nov. 3: Blue October (NEW!)
- Nov. 4 – Nov. 5: Living Colour
- Nov. 6 – Nov. 8: Boyz II Men
- Nov. 9 – Nov. 11: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Nov. 12 – Nov. 13: Squeeze (NEW!)