National Hamburger Day is May 28, and Universal Orlando is the perfect place to celebrate. This might seem like a given, considering that burgers are pretty common theme park fare. However, Universal Orlando is home to some of the most unique burger offerings in the area. From CityWalk to Volcano Bay, here are the best places to enjoy a celebratory meal on National Hamburger Day.
1. Richter’s Burger Co. – Universal Studios Florida
Richter’s Burger Co., located in the San Francisco, features three different burger options:
- Mushroom Swiss Truffle Burger Platter
- The Aftershock Bacon Cheeseburger Platter
- Plant-Based Burger Platter
Obviously these burgers aren’t the craziest offerings you’ll find on this list. However, Richter’s Burger Co. does have some interesting toppings to spice up your meal. You can customize your order with guacamole, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed onions, and jalapenos.
2. Krusty Burger – Universal Studios Florida
Krusty the Clown’s famous burger spot in Springfield is a great place to grab a burger if you want to mobile order your meal. Choose from these three super-sized meals:
- Krusty Burger – A 1/3 lb burger topped with secret sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, a tomato slice, and iceberg lettuce.
- Clogger Burger – A 2/3 lb burger, applewood smoked bacon, secret sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, a tomato slice, and iceberg lettuce.
- Mother Nature Burger – A 1/3 lb black bean burger topped with guacamole and a tomato slice on a specialty bun.
3. The Burger Digs – Universal’s Islands of Adventure
At Islands of Adventure, head to the Jurassic Park area for your National Hamburger Day meal. At The Burger Digs, you’ll find:
- Bacon Cheeseburger – Premium black Angus beef patty with cheddar cheese, bacon, pickle, lettuce, and tomato.
- BBQ Burger – Topped with mango BBQ Sauce, smoked gouda, lettuce, tomato, and coleslaw.
- Vegan Cheeseburger – Vegan brown rice and mushroom patty topped with vegan cheese.
4. The Cowfish – Universal CityWalk
The Cowfish at Universal CityWalk is where you will find the most insane burger creations. If you’re looking for a crazy way to celebrate National Hamburger Day, this is where you want to be. The restaurant’s huge menu includes:
- The Dynamic Duo – Beef burger and braised short rib with roasted garlic, provolone cheese, tomato onion jam, lettuce, onion, and tomato.
- Shroomin’ Swiss Burger – Beef burger, swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms, roasted garlic aioli, lettuce, and tomato on a sesame seed bun.
- The C.B.C.L.T. – Beef burger with cheddar cheese, applewood bacon, white cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and Cowfish sauce, on a brioche bun.
- Black Truffle Cheese Burger – Beef burger with black truffle cheese, roasted shallots, sauteed mushrooms, roasted garlic aioli, and lettuce on a brioche bun.
- The Big Squeal – Beef burger loaded with pulled pork, smoked gouda cheese, onion strings, bacon coleslaw, BBQ sauce, lettuce, and pickles on a brioche bun.
- The Rise & Swine Burger – Beef burger, cheddar cheese, grilled black forest ham, sunny-side-up egg, applewood bacon, grilled onions, and Cowfish sauce all loaded on an onion roll
- The Cowfish Has Officially Left The Building – A full-pound beef burger with creamy peanut butter, fried banana, and applewood bacon on a brioche bun. Make it a “single hunka love” with a half-pound beef burger patty for $15.
- Chicken Bacon Avocado – Grilled all-natural chicken patty with applewood bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and wasabi mayo on a brioche bun.
- The Boursin Bacon Burger – Beef burger with garlic & herb Boursin cheese, applewood bacon, sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, and tomato on an onion roll.
- The Backyard Burger – Beef burger with American cheese, a jalapeno bacon-wrapped Vienna dog, crispy potato strings, Cowfish sauce, lettuce, tomato, and a pickle on a sesame seed bun.
- The Jalapeno Popper Show Stopper – Beef burger, with jalapeno-infused cream cheese, jalapeno bacon, fried jalapenos, jalapeno citrus aioli, lettuce, tomato, and fresh sliced jalapenos on a brioche bun.
- The Texas Longhorn – Beef burger, cheddar cheese, onion strings, jalapeno bacon, tangy BBQ sauce, lettuce, and tomato on a brioche bun.
- Black & Brie – Beef burger with brie cheese, fresh blackberries, thyme-infused honey, sake-marinated Asian pear, and microgreens on a brioche bun.
- The Heavenly Veggie – Housemade veggie burger, roasted red pepper, sliced avocado, red onion, and baby spinach on a 7-grain wheat bun.
- Calabrese Burger – Beef burger with provolone cheese, spicy fennel salami, crispy Calabrian peppers, arugula, balsamic marinated tomatoes, and basil-garlic aioli on a brioche bun.
- Flying Hawaiian – Crispy panko-crusted chicken breast, sweet chili glaze, lettuce, tomato, grilled ham, and pineapple on a toasted Hawaiian bun.
5. Bambu – Universal’s Volcano Bay
Spending the day at Universal’s Volcano Bay? Head to Bambu in the Rainforest Village for a variety of Hawaiian-inspired burgers including:
- Bacon Cheeseburger – Traditional bacon cheeseburger served on a Hawaiian-style bun.
- Bambu Burger – Topped with cheddar cheese, fresh slaw, fried onion crisps, and avocado mayo on a Hawaiian-style bun.
- Belly Burger – Burger loaded with Schezuan-glazed pork belly, caramelized onions, fresh cucumber mango basil slaw, lettuce, and tomato.
- Quinoa Edamame Burger – Quinoa edamame patty topped with roasted shiitake mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and sriracha mayo.
Along with all the amazing National Burger Day options, you can also enjoy special Summer Bites at Universal Orlando for a limited time!