Christmas is coming to town earlier than ever this year! The annual Flurry of Fun celebration returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 8, bringing the usual holiday cheer to the park with stunning decorations, one-of-a-kind entertainment, and more! The all-new Toy Story Land is also getting festive with seasonal touches, including a temporary holiday soundtrack playing on Alien Swirling Saucers. The seasonal accents extend across the park, with major makeover at Echo Lake featuring a huge Christmas tree on the water, super-sized ornaments, and a holiday outfit on Dinosaur Gertie.
Sunset Seasons Greetings
The Sunset Seasons Greetings projection show, which made its debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios last year, is a stellar showcase or bright lights and laser effects, “snow”, and unbelievable projections displayed on the side of The Hollywood Tower Hotel. The show begins with Minnie and Mickey reminiscing on their favorite holiday memories in black and white before color bursts into the picture and other fun stories come to life with the help of Toy Story Characters, The Swedish Chef, Olaf, and other beloved characters.
Jingle Bell Jingle BAM!
During Flurry of Fun, evenings at Disney’ Hollywood Studios end with the incredible Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! fireworks spectacular. Led by Wayne and Lanny, the elf stars of ABC’s Prep & Landing, the show takes guests on a mad search for Santa who has gone missing from the North Pole just in time for Christmas. In an effort to save Christmas, the silly duo goes on a wild adventure with tons of mishaps illustrated by state of the art projections on the Chinese Theater, dazzling lighting effects, holiday music, and a firework finale.
In addition to the festive decor and entertainment taking over Hollywood Studios, tons of fun holiday treats will be available to try all over the park. Exclusive snacks offered during Flurry of Fun include:
- Festive Popcorn (BaseLine Tap House, various popcorn carts around the park): Caramel corn mixed with nuts, edible pearls, candy covered chocolates, and sugar cookie bits
- Gingerbread Pops (Anaheim Produce, Chinese Theater Churro Cart, Main Entrance Coffee Cart): Gingerbread cookie dipped in chocolate and served on a stick
- Mini Shortbread Cookies (Grand Avenue Cart, Hollywood Scoops): Mickey and Minnie cookies decorated with sugar pieces
- Large Shortbread Cookies (Trolley Car Cafe): Big shortbread cookie filled with raspberry jam and decorated with frosting
- Santa Belt Macarons (BaseLine Tap House, Oasis Canteen): Almond macarons with hazlenut filling; sold in packages of five
- Santa Belt Candy Apples (Troley Car Cafe): Apples dipped in chocolate with marshmallow ears
- Olaf Cupcakes (Backlot Express, ABC Commissary): Chocolate cupcakes with a buttercream frosting
- Strawberry Mint Verrine (Fairfax Fare): Marinated strawberries dipped in peppermint creme
- Spiced Cold Chocolate (Rosie’s All American Cafe): Chocolate verrine with house-made cinnamon marshmallows and chocolate cake
- Chocolate Chestnut Cone (Backlot Express): Chocolate treat served on a praline leaf
- Chocolate Mousse Present (ABC Commissary): Chocolate mousse dessert with a chocolate ganache
- Cranberry Mousse (Trolley Car Cafe): Chocolate cranberry mousse
- Caramel Eclair (Dockside Diner): Pastry filled with caramel
- Prep & Landing Cupcake (Rosie’s All American Cafe, Dockside Diner): Gingerbread cupcake with cream cheese frosting
- Eggnog Panna Cotta (Catalina Eddie’s): Eggnog panna cotta with raspberry and chocolate creme
- Cinnamon Apple Cranberry Lunch Box Tart (Woody’s Lunch Box): Pastry with a cinnamon apple cranberry filling, topped with snowflakes and edible pearls
- Hot Chocolate Flight (Fairfax Fare): Hot chocolate with Irish liqueur, hot chocolate with vanilla vodka, and hot chocolate with cherry bourbon
- Frozen Hot Cocoa (ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, Rosie’s All American Cafe): Non alcoholic frozen hot chocolate
- Gumdrop (The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, mobile bars near Echo Lake and Hollywood Scoops): Raspberry liqueur, raspberry vodka, pineapple, cranberry juice, and Sprite
- Holiday Mule (The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, mobile bars near Echo Lake and Hollywood Scoops): Vodka, lemon liqueur, cranberry juice, and ginger beer
- Christmas on the Beach (The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, mobile bars near Echo Lake and Hollywood Scoops): Blue liqueur, Caribbean rum, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice
- Frosted Gingerbread Martini (Backlot Express): Vodka, Irish liqueur, coffee liqueur, gingerbread syrup, and ice cream
- Frostbite Cocktail (Dockside Diner, Backlot Express): Vodka, blue liqueur, cranberry juice, and sour mix
- Winterberry Margarita (ABC Commissary, Rosie’s All American Cafe): Silver tequila, orange liqueur, sour mix, cranberry juice, and wildberry syrup
Other seasonal dining experiences include a character-filled dinner party at Hollywood & Vine called Minnie’s Holiday Dine and the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! dessert party.
Minnie’s Holiday Dine
You can stay in the seasonal spirit by heading to Hollywood & Vine for Minnie’s Holiday Dine, a festive character dining experience that runs from November 9 through January 6. Minnie and her closest friends get all dressed up in their Christmas best to host a special dinner party to celebrate holiday cheer and joy. Reservations for the buffet-style meal cost $52 per adult and $31 (not including tax or gratuity) and some dining plans are accepted. Get more info or make reservations here.
Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party
Starting an hour and a half prior to the show, the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! dessert party is an extra special celebration featuring holiday themed snacks, a VIP character experience, and reserved seating to the festive show. The fun starts in the Chinese theater, where guests can indulge in Christmas inspired treats and specialty drinks like Yule log cake, pretzel bread with cheese fondue, and Gingrebread martinis. Other beverages include water, soda, beer and wine. After the refreshment hour, partygoers will be escorted to a special viewing area for a showing of Disney Movie Magic, followed by Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Prices for the event vary based on dates, but you can make reservations for the following dates:
- November 8 – December 22: $79 per adult; $45 per child (including tax and gratuity)
- December 23 – January 1: $89 per adult; $49 per child (including tax and gratuity)
- January 2 – January 6: $79 per adult; $49 per child (including tax and gratuity)
Finally, the festivities will include a special meet and greet opportunity with Santa himself at Once Upon A Toy Shop from November 10 through December 24. On December 25, Santa has to head back to the North Pole and Santa Goofy will take over the photo op until Flurry of Fun ends on January 6.
The Flurry of Fun celebration at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is completely included with regular park admission. Get in the holiday spirit by grabbing discount Disney World tickets from Tickets2You.com!