Star Wars Galactic Nights returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 27 for another Star Wars super fan celebration. Running from 7:00 PM – midnight, the ticketed event gives major fanatics a chance to dress in their best costumes and enjoy exclusive activities, entertainment and refreshments, all dedicated to the Star Wars film franchise.
The two Star Wars shows that run regularly at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will both debut new elements from the saga during their run time at the Galactic nights event.
In addition to Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away, guests will be amazed by Star Wars: Galactic Destinations. The projection show features favorite movie clips illuminated on the side of the Hollywood Tower Hotel, accompanied by special effects and the infamous Star Wars score.
The Star Wars Launch Bay will be open for meet and greets with BB-8, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, and Darth Vader as usual, but there will be additional character experiences scattered around the park throughout the evening.
As you get ready to start your journey on Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, you’ll come face to face with Imperial Stormtroopers patrolling the area, and you’ll see AWR Troopers all over Animation Courtyard searching for rebels.
At some point during the evening’s events, Darth Vader leads his army of Stormtroopers to the event stage during the dramatic Imperial March down Hollywood Boulevard.
Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Panel Discussion
The exclusive panel session will give guests and inside look at the design and development of the upcoming land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You will get a sneak peek at photos of the land’s progress, get construction updates, and learn more about planet Batuu from the Walt Disney Imagineering team. Hosted by David Collins, the panel is made up of:
- Scott Trowbridge, Portfolio Creative Executive: Oversees the strategic concept development and production of Star Wars franchise in all aspects of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts from the parks to merchandise, food and beverage.
- Eric Baker, Creative Director: Creates and develops the stories behind Disney theme parks and other venues, as well as the implementation that brings the stories to life. Some of his past projects include Tortuga Tavern, the extended Haunted Mansion queue, and Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
- Jon Georges, Executive Producer: Has over 30 years of experience with producing projects around the world, including Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland.
- Margaret Kerrison, Managing Story Editor: Manages overall story direction for the Star Wars portfolio, as well as guiding and managing any Star Wars-related story initiatives throughout all the Disney lands. Some of her other projects include Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland and Grand Avenue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Star Wars Galactic Nights offers a variety of awesome ways for superfans to experience the famed film franchise. The Seize the Saga Scavenger Hunt puts guests inside iconic scenes from the movies via 3-dimensional photo opportunities scattered around the park. At each location, you’ll collect a special piece of Star Wars art. All the pieces together create a special exclusive keepsake
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple will be open during the event, giving young Jedi hopefuls the opportunity to learn how to use The Force from Jedi masters.
In addition to all the event-exclusive Star Wars fun the evening celebration offers, select regular attractions will be open with extended hours on this night. Some may even feature a special star wars twist! Although this is subject to change, event guests can expect the following attractions to be open:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Walt Disney Presents
A whole menu of Star Wars inspired food and beverages has been created for Galactic Nights. Located all around the park, be on the lookout for these tasty treats and so many more!
- Lemon Diver Scallop with Pork Belly (Only at The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge)
- Tofu and Noodle Salad (Only at The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge)
- Wagyu Beef Slider with Cognac Mustard and Fried Toma Cheese Patties
- C-3PO Charcuterie
- Bloody Mary Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewer
- Dueling Gazpacho: Spicy Red Pepper and Cool Cucumber Melon
- Ancho-Chili Octopus with Jicama, Pear, and Cucumber (Only at BaseLine Tap House)
- Three Cheese Pasta with a Beef and Lamb Meatball
- Sweet and Spicy Fried Chicken Drumstick with a Chili Glaze and a Pepper Jelly Biscuit
- Vegetarian Chili-Soy Soba Dish with Cucumbers, Carrots, and a Chili Glazed Deviled Egg
- Vegetarian Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes, Root Vegetables, and Mushroom Gravy
- Sweet Corn Cheese Grits with Crawfish
- Loaded Red Curry Duck Fries with Duck Confit, Red Curry Ketchup, and a White Cheese Sauce
- Fish and Chips with Paprika Remoulade and Roots Vegetable Chips
- Crab Puffs with Wasabi Crab Claw
- Ribeye Steak Puffs
- Vegan Blue Milk Curry with Coconut, Plantains, and Sweet Potatoes
- Tatooine Bisque with Rutabagas, Turnips, Carrots and Parsnips
- Yoda Pepperoni Pizza
- Pork Wings with Blueberry Slaw
- Star Wars themed Mini Eclair Trio: Coffee, Chocolate, and Vanilla
- Lightsaber Churro Sundae
- Glow Cotton Candy
- Sweet and Crunchy Popcorn
- Orange Truffle Cupcakes
- Jettison Juice (non-alcoholic)
- Skywalker Wine Flight: Sommita Chardonnay, Pinot Noir Rose, and Sommita Pinot Noir from Skywalker Vineyards
You can buy each menu item a la carte, or purchase the Galactic Tasting & Viewing Package, which includes a sampling of five of the menu items listed above and reserved seating at the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge panel with Walt Disney Imagineers and Lucasfilm insiders. You can purchase this package for $30 per person online or by calling (407) WDW – DINE.