Citywalk at Universal Orlando is home to more than 20 different restaurants, ranging from fast food to fine dining. But for people with special dietary needs and restrictions, choosing a dining location isn’t always as simple as stopping at the place with the shortest wait time. The only way to guarantee your meal is going to meet your personal dietary needs is to discuss safe options with your server/ the restaurant’s chef, but this list can help jump start your search for the perfect dining spot at Universal Citywalk.
- Margaritaville has a separate gluten free menu with everything from appetizers and salads to burgers and sandwiches; they even offer a gluten free brownie sundae for dessert! Start your meal with volcano nachos or a “drunken” shrimp skillet before choosing an entree like chimichurri flank steak, grilles chicken, or the catch of the day. Any sandwich can be ordered on a gluten free bun, including the restaurant’s signature Cheeseburger in Paradise. Diners can also choose from a variety of salads, including taco salad, shrimp louis wedge salad, chicken caesar or grilled chicken salads.
- Antojitos Authentic Mexican restaurant’s tortilla chips, tortillas and taco shells are gluten free, making it relatively simple to find a meal that doesn’t have gluten ingredients. All of the fajitas and most of the tacos are safe for gluten intolerant diners, with the exception of the carne (beef) tacos. Other options include adobo chicken salad, salmon con pipian, and chicken or vegetarian enchiladas. Guests can also enjoy tableside guacamole or a salsa trio made up of queso poblano, cruda habanero, and chile de arbol, all served with gluten free tortilla chips.
- Bubba Gump has gluten sensitive options, but the kitchen is not 100% gluten free, so there’s a small risk that cross contamination can occur. Gluten sensitive menu items include traditional shrimp cocktail, classic caesar or pear and berry salads, fish and shrimp, shrimp and veggie skewers, and Maker’s Mark grilled salmon.
- Bob Marley-A Tribute to Freedom‘s authentic Jamaican menu has an extensive menu with a large variety of gluten-free dishes. Traditional entrees served from the scratch kitchen range from reggae Jamaican jerk chicken, stuffed peppers, ackee and saltfish, oxtail stew, and several other dishes that are safe for GF diners. Guests avoiding gluten can also choose between two Catch of the Day options, curry shrimp or grilled mahi mahi. There are also some gluten free sides that can be substituted if necessary, like sweet plantains, yucca fries, or rice and beans. The restaurant’s buffalo jerk chicken wings, soups and salads are all free of gluten as well.
- The Cowfish burger and sushi restaurant has a small selection of gluten sensitive menu items, like edamame steamed with a choice of sea salt, sriracha, ginger, or garlic sea salt. Gluten sensitive sushi options include a spicy yellowtail roll, vegetarian roll, spicy tuna roll, or philly roll.
- Any pizza from Red Oven Pizza bakery can be made with a gluten free crust, but the establishment uses the same ovens for all pizzas so there is a small risk of cross contamination. The restaurant also has a small variety of salads available.
For more info on gluten free dining in Orlando check out our other gluten free dining guide, helping you navigate the restaurants at Disney Springs!