An exciting new magical adventure is coming to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will debut at Universal’s Islands of Adventure on June 13. The newest addition to Hogsmeade will be located in the former home of the Dragon Challenge roller coaster.
Hagrid’s thrill ride will be the most highly-themed, innovative coaster in the entire park with a detailed storyline. Hogwarts’ gamekeeper/Care of Magical Creatures professor leads a journey through the Wizarding World’s mysterious Forbidden Forest.
This new attraction brings the Forbidden Forest to life in an unbelievable way. The ride’s immersive environment is created with more than 1,200 live trees and plants!
The adventure begins in Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures classroom, where riders will prepare to board a magical motorbike. You can choose a bike seat or sidecar seat, each seat provides a completely different experience.
What starts as a simple field trip to view rare magical creatures up-close takes a very sudden dark turn. The coaster twists, turns, and rushes through the Forbidden Forest at speeds up to 50 mph. Although the ride is full of challenges, you will also encounter some of the rarest characters of the Wizarding World.
Throughout the adventure, you’ll see many creatures that have appeared in the Harry Potter books and movies over the years. Some mystical critters you might see include:
- Cornish Pixies: Riders will encounter over 20 little cornish pixies on the journey. The little pests wreak havoc on the Weasleys’ blue car and make mischief in other places you might not expect.
- Fluffy the Three-Headed Dog: The 8,000 pound trusted guard of the Sorcerer’s Stone makes an appearance in the ride. It might be helpful to remember that his weakness is falling asleep to the sound of music…
- Devil’s Snare: This dangerous plant often strangles people with its vines. You just might find yourself entangled in a thicket of Devil’s Snare during your journey. Stay calm, or you’ll have a hard time escaping the grips of the vines!
- Centaurs: A mysterious 8-foot archer is hiding in the forest, ready to strike during the ride.
- Blast-Ended Skrewt: This creature has never been seen before, it was only described in the book series. The scorpion/elongated crab hybrid is eight feet long with a 10-foot long tail and weighs over 6,000 pounds! Skrewts are probably the trickiest characters you’ll encounter. They have a strong armor that magical spells can’t penetrate and they ignite fire from their “blasting ends”. They also smell like rotting fish!
Riders will also get to experience the most life-like animated figure ever created at Universal Orlando Resort. Hagrid appears in the attraction as a hyper-realistic animated figure that perfectly mimics his character in the Harry Potter film series. Actor Robbie Coltrane’s movements, facial expressions, and face were used to create an unbelievably lifelike recreation of the giant professor. Coltrane also recorded a custom script for Hagrid in the new ride.
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will be open to riders taller than 48″ just in time for summer vacation! Get ready for the incredible journey now by grabbing discount Universal Orlando tickets from Tickets2You!