The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays (formerly known as Holidays Around the World) kicks off its seasonal celebration on November 19 with festive treats at more than 15 holiday kitchens, an interactive holiday scavenger hunt, and tons of other seasonal surprises sure to make your day very merry!
The park’s holiday entertainment is inspired by the cultural customs of the countries in the World Showcase. Each country’s heritage is represented by costumed performers showcasing the native music and traditions in their respective pavilions, including holiday voyageurs performing at the Canada pavilion.
Hanukkah celebrations are included in the holiday festivities with a new location along the World Showcase Promenade, featuring traditional Hanukkah songs mixed with jazz, latin, rock and hip-hip music.
Performances of JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season will occur daily at the Future World Fountain Stage, blending R&B, jazz, and more in a lively musical mash-up
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will feature a special holiday ending to the fireworks finale from November 24 through December 30, depicting the Story of Earth narrated by Jim Cummings. The three-part ending includes the Birth of the Earth, the Triumph of Life, and Hope for the Future, before concluding with holiday greetings from around the world and popular holiday song “Let There Be Peace on Earth”.
Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree
Join Chip and Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree and help the lovable chipmunks on their quest to collect ornaments for their tree. The interactive scavenger hunt requires guests to travel around the World Showcase on a search for Chip and Dale with ornaments. Along the way, complete the map by placing stickers at each stop on the trail before returning the completed map for a festive surprise! Maps and stickers can be purchased for $6.99 plus tax at select locations including Pin Central, Disney Traders, and World Traveler at International Gateway.
Joining Epcot’s other festive features are 15 different Holiday Kitchens, bringing all the flavors of the holiday season from all over the world to life. The American Holiday Table features classics like roasted turkey and pork tenderloin that are reminiscent of home-cooked meals you’d get from Grandma’s kitchen, while the Feast of the Three Kings allows guests to “dine like royalty”, indulging in food and drinks from the Caribbean inspired by the story of the Magi. In Mexico enjoy carnitas tacos and horchata margaritas as mariachi dancers celebrate a Feliz Navidad, then celebrate holiday traditions from the Great White North with maple buche de Noel in Canada. The various kitchens are serving more merry snacks and beverages than ever before, including a new dessert kitchen inside the Odyssey complex offering sugar cookies, apple fritters, and more sweet treats.
The Candlelight Processional is arguably Epcot’s most famous holiday tradition. The long-standing experience is back at the America Gardens Theater again this year from November 24 – December 30. The celebrity-narrated biblical story of Christmas is retold three times each night, at 5:00 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:15 PM. The show is accompanied by joyful music performed by a 50 piece orchestra and a mass choir comprised of local talent.
The schedule of celebrity narrators is subject to change, but currently includes:
- Nov 24 – Nov 26: Laurie Hernandez
- Nov 27 – Nov 28: Matt Bomer
- Nov 29 – Nov 30: Ana Gasteyer
- Dec 1 – Dec 3: Whoopi Goldberg
- Dec 4 – Dec 5: Pat Sajak
- Dec 6 – Dec 8: Jodi Benson
- Dec 9 – Dec 11: Kurt Russell
- Dec 12 – Dec 14: Warwick Davis
- Dec 15 – Dec 17: Trace Adkins
- Dec 18 – Dec 21: Neil Patrick Harris
- Dec 22 – Dec 24: CCH Pounder
- Dec 25 – Dec 27: Jaci Velasquez
- Dec 28 – Dec 30: Chandra Wilson
Candlelight Processional dining packages are available at select restaurants throughout the park for lunch or dinner. The package includes one appetizer, entree, dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage per person (or one full buffet where applicable), plus guaranteed preferred seating for the Candlelight Processional at your selected show time. Reservations for these packages can be made by calling (407) WDW – DINE.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall – Norway Pavilion (BREAKFAST ALSO AVAILABLE)
- Biergarten Restaurant – Germany Pavilion
- Chefs De France – France Pavilion
- La Hacienda De San Angel – Mexico Pavilion (DINNER ONLY)
- San Angel Inn Restaurante – Mexico Pavilion
- Nine Dragons Restaurant – China Pavilion
- Restaurant Marrakesh – Morocco Pavilion
- Spice Road Table – Morocco Pavilion
- Rose & Crown Dining Room – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Teppan Edo – Japan Pavilion
- Tokyo Dining – Japan Pavilion
- Tutto Italia Ristorante – Italy Pavilion
- Via Napoli – Italy Pavilion
- Coral Reef Restaurant – The Living Seas
- The Garden Grill – The Land Pavilion (BREAKFAST ALSO AVAILABLE)
- Trattoria Al Forno – Disney’s Boardwalk (BREAKFAST & DINNER ONLY)
Celebrating the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays is included with the cost of your park admission, with the exception of Candlelight Processional Disney World tickets on blog.tickets2you.com!