The Walt Disney World® Resort celebrates the holiday season in a huge way. So, how do the Disney theme parks and resorts get into the holiday spirit? Here are a few fun facts that will entice you to visiting the park:
- 1,300 decorated trees light up the Walt Disney World® resort
- 10 miles of twinkling rope lights are strung in the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- 15 miles of garland are strung and 1,314 wreathes are hung throughout the resort
- 8.5 million lights are strung throughout Walt Disney World Resort®
- More than 800 performers perform each night during Candlelight Processional at Epcot®
- The Christmas tree in the Magic Kingdom® is 26 feet wide at the base
- 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows decorate Christmas trees across the resort
- 11 countries are dressed and decorated for Holidays Around the World at Epcot’s® World Showcase
- Approximately 170 costumed performers and 15 floats dazzle Main Street, U.S.A.® in Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at the Magic Kingdom®
Valid admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios® is required to view the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. This event runs until January 4th, 2015.
Holidays Around the World is included with valid admission to Disney’s Epcot®. This event runs until December 30th, 2014.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at the Magic Kingdom® runs on select dates (December 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 19.) until December 19th. Tickets to this are sold separately.