It may be known as the “Sunshine State”, but Florida is also notorious for spontaneous rain showers. However, that doesn’t mean you have to put your day at Disney on hold. There are plenty of activities and attractions at each of the parks to enjoy, even when the weather is dismal. Here is our guide to the best ways to make the most of your rainy day at Walt Disney World.
The Magic Kingdom is a great choice for a rainy Disney day. It has many great indoor rides and entertaining shows to enjoy while you keep dry. Some of our favorites are:
- Hall of Presidents: In this 700 seat theater, a patriotic presentation will take you through America’s origins. This air conditioned indoor theater makes this an ideal stop on a rainy day.
- Carousel of Progress: Take a journey through the advent of electricity and other technological advancements during the 20th century in a revolving 21 minute stage show, the perfect getaway from the midday Florida showers.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover: This transit system takes guests on a 10-minute tour around Tomorrowland and its attractions, all under cover. Relax and enjoy views of Space Mountain, the Astro Orbiter and more!
- Country Bear Jamboree: Enjoy a foot-stompin’ good time at the Country Bear Jamboree for a 16-minute indoor show that features original and classic country tunes performed by a cast of 18 hillbilly bears!
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: Located at Maurice’s cottage in Fantasyland, this interactive story features characters from Beauty & the Beast and an opportunity to meet Belle herself. If you’re looking for somewhere dry, stop by and walk through Belle’s story at Enchanted Tales with Belle.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin: This indoor attraction is great for adults and kids, and will have you firing lasers to defeat Zurg in a shooting-gallery game! Take aim and stop the Zurg while keeping dry in this interactive ride.
Epcot is arguably the most doable Disney park during the rain with most of its attractions being indoors as well as a huge amount of covered shopping areas and restaurants. Check out:
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure: Take a trip through time with Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Nye to learn about energy as you encounter prehistoric creatures, and learn how fossil fuels were formed. This 45-minute adventure through time is a great way to stay dry indoors.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends: Enjoy an under-the-sea adventure with your favorite Finding Nemo characters as you help Marlin and Dory find Nemo. Following the ride, guests will be able to observe live sea creatures in a massive 5.7 million gallon tank. The Sea with Nemo & Friends is perfect for an indoor leisurely stroll.
- Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico: If you’re trying to take some cover indoors, the Mexico Pavilion is a great stop. Take a tour through Mexico with the Caballeros, stroll through a Mexican market, eat lunch at La Cantina de San Angel, or have a drink at La Cava del Tequila, all indoors at the Mexico Pavilion.
- The Land Pavilion: The Land is a pavilion that offers guests a glimpse into the future of food production, as well as three attractions, a sit-down restaurant and a food court so you can avoid the rain, enjoy a meal, and check out some fascinating attractions.
- American Adventure: This 30-minute stage show chronicles our past and future through audio-animatronics, film and music. Take a seat and enjoy as you watch America’s story unfold in a dramatic retelling of our history.
- Advanced Training Lab: Advanced Training Lab is an indoor interactive play area next to Mission:SPACE, and allows guests to explore new areas of space, find astronauts on the surface of Mars, race other astronauts’ rockets, and create digital postcards from space!
- Innoventions: Enjoy hands-on activities about science and technology in this vibrant and playful pavilion where you can be blown away by gale force winds, design your own thrill ride, and much more!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios has many indoor rides to choose from on a rainy day as well as fun shows, such as:
- Star Wars Launch Bay: Whether it’s a rainy day or not, the Star Wars Launch Bay is a Star Wars fans’ dream. Meet your favorite characters, check out movie prop replicas, watch a behind-the-scenes movie featuring exclusive interviews and more.
- The Great Movie Ride: Located inside a recreation of the Chinese Theater, The Great Movie Ride features an indoor queue, and takes guests through scenes from famous films throughout motion picture history.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith: This rollercoaster is one of the most popular rides in Disney’s Hollywood Studios so you’ll want to get in line early! Race through the freeways of Los Angeles while rocking to the tunes of Aerosmith in this indoor coaster.
- Toy Story Midway Mania!: This 4D shooting game is entirely indoors and allows guests to take aim at stationary and moving objects in a variety of carnival style, fast-paced games.
It’s best to try and avoid Animal Kingdom if all day rain is in the forecast. Most of their attractions are outside, and the park is best enjoyed on a sunny day. If you have no choice but to be there for the day, then you still have a few options:
- Finding Nemo: The Musical: Based on the hit movie Finding Nemo, this 40-minute performance features your favorite characters from the hit movie, spectacular music and stunning theatrical puppetry.
- Festival of the Lion King: Song, dance and puppetry portray a celebration in the African savanna featuring lions, zebras, gazelles, birds, elephants and giraffes in an interpretation of Disney’s animated film The Lion King.
- Dinosaur: Take a trip through time aboard Time Rovers which take guests on a journey through the Cretaceous period to save a dinosaur from extinction. Encounter audio-animatronic dinosaurs and race to rescue an Iguanadon before the meteor strikes.
Walt Disney World, rain or shine, offers tons of entertainment and fun for families. Check other posts on our blog to learn how to get the most out of your Orlando vacation. Don’t forget to visit blog.tickets2you.com to get the best prices on discounted Disney tickets!