This year, guests attending Busch Gardens’ Howl-O-Scream can expect bigger and better scares than ever before. Teaming up with the award-winning producer of The Blair Witch Project, Robin Cowie is helping raise the bar at this year’s Halloween events. Robin Cowie, who has created six other horror films and worked with on Orlando projects for Nickelodeon, Disney Institute, Golf Channel and Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts, will create Unearthed: Scarlett’s Revenge.
The story revolves around Scarlett, a village healer who has turned to dark magic to avenge her husband’s killers. She has been “unearthed” in the new maze and will reign terror on unsuspecting guests. “Guest venture into mysterious centuries-old house filled with secrets, and terror awaits all who dare to enter as Scarlett summons demons and collects body parts to reincarnate her dead husband,” according to Busch Gardens announcement.
Other haunted houses at this year’s Howl-O-Scream include:
- Dead Fall: Thirst for Blood – Humans and plants entwine with an insatiable thirst for human blood, as guests attempt to escape the nightmare that has taken over this Victorian garden and greenhouse.
- Zombie Containment Unit 15: MovingTargets – Armed with only a Z.E.D. (Zombie Eradication Device), guests must hold off an undead mob in this interactive zombie hunting experience.
- Death Water Bayou – Deep in the bayou the Voodoo Queen transforms wanderers into her evil servants. Those who enter must escape her dark magic before falling victim to her spell.
- The BASEMENT – Momma’s Meats’ award-winning recipe has always been a family affair that’s only created in The BASEMENT. ..guests must escape before becoming the secret ingredient.
- Circus of Superstition: The Last Laugh – A lifetime of avoiding black cats and sidewalk cracks won’t save guests from this house, as the bad luck of childhood superstitions catches up with them in new demented ways.
- Zombie Mortuary – Led by their queen, zombies infest this small town funeral home and satisfy their hunger with fresh flesh and brains.
Howl-O-Scream, an after-hours, extra-ticket event, runs select nights between Sept. 25 and Oct. 31 at Busch Gardens Tampa.