Hurricane Irma is currently a category 5 storm that could potentially hit land in Central Florida over the upcoming weekend. In the event that the storm progresses in that direction, your travel plans or theme park plans may be altered. This post will be updated often with the latest updates from Central Florida theme parks.
Walt Disney World’s Hurricane Policy states that ticket purchases and hotel reservations made directly through Disney can be rescheduled or cancelled within 7 days of scheduled arrival without any fees if a hurricane warning has been issued. Call (407) 939-7675 for more information.
- The Aerophile Balloon at Disney Springs has been shut down and deflated until storms have passed.
- Blizzard Beach will be closed September 8 and 9.
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort closes Friday September 8 at 2:00 PM
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will close on Saturday, September 9 at 10:00 AM
- Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will close starting Saturday (9/9) afternoon at 2:00 PM
- Saturday’s Night of Joy events have been cancelled. Friday’s events are still scheduled to take place as of now.
- The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has been cancelled for Saturday (9/9) evening.
- Highway in the Sky Dine Around has been cancelled for Saturday (9/9) evening.
- The Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ are both cancelled Saturday (9/9), Sunday (9/10), and Monday (9/11).
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is cancelled on Sunday, September 10. All others are still scheduled to run on their original dates.
Universal Studios Florida’s Severe Weather Policy allows for hotel reservations to be rescheduled or refunded at no cost, and often allows for park tickets to be used on a later date. Cancellations must be made before 6:00 pm on the day before your scheduled arrival. Reservations must have been booked at least 7 days in advance. Call the number you used to book your room for more information.
- The Rock the Universe events on Saturday (9/9) and the worship service on Sunday (9/10) have been cancelled. Friday night’s events are still scheduled to take place as planned. Unused Rock the Universe tickets that have been purchased for these dates can be used any time until December 20, 2017 at no additional charge or request a full refund.
SeaWorld & Busch Gardens
Tickets and/or vacation packages that were purchased from SeaWorld Vacations, Busch Gardens Vacations, DiscoveryCove.com, SeaWorld.com, Aquatica.com, BuschGardens.com or the call center will be refunded or rescheduled if a named tropical storm or hurricane approaches Orlando, Tampa, or the guest’s hometown. Calle (888) 800-5447 for more information.
- SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa will close at 5 PM on Saturday, September 9 and remain closed Sunday (9/10) and Monday (9/11)
- Guy Harvey Weekend at Busch Gardens scheduled for September 9 and 10 has been rescheduled to December 16 and 17. Tickets purchased for Painting on the Wild Side with Guy Harvey will be refunded.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort
LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s cancellation policy states that tickets to the LEGOLAND Theme Park and/or LEGOLAND Water Park that were purchased directly from LEGOLAND Florida Resort, reservations for the LEGOLAND Hotel or LEGOLAND Beach Retreat that were made directly through LEGOLAND Vacations, or partner hotel reservations/ticket packages that were made directly through LEGOLAND Vacations can all be rescheduled or cancelled with no penalties only if there is a hurricane warning issued over the Central Florida area within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort will be closed Saturday, September 9 through Monday September 11.