The behind-the-scenes event series that began at SeaWorld Orlando earlier this year is back starting May 11 for two weekends of insider experiences around the park. The unique event allows guests to see what the rescue team does, experience the day-to-day operations of the animal experts, and get interesting lessons from behaviorists throughout the park.
Inside Look Locations
Led by animal care experts and behaviorists throughout the park, these six inside look locations offer a view of SeaWorld from behind the scenes that will help you understand how hard these professionals work to care for the animals living in the park and beyond.
- SeaWorld Rescue Center (10:00 AM – 4:30 PM): At the home base of SeaWorld’s Rescue Team you can get the full experience of just what it takes to be an animal care specialist. You will learn how the Rescue Team offers critical and temporary care for injured wildlife like manatees and sea turtles, watch the process of creating and cleaning gallons of manmade seawater that takes place daily in the water treatment facility, and explore the veterinary hospital and
- Dolphin Theater (10:00 AM – 4:30 PM): Animal Care Specialists will guide you through the backstage area and share their stories of working with the adorable dolphins every day. In addition to getting a never before seen look at the theater, you will also learn how the animals are cared for in between shows and get an up-close encounter with the amazing green macaws that soar above the theater during shows.
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin (10:00 AM – 4:30 PM): In the penguin exhibit, you’ll get to learn about all of the important details that go into creating a healthy environment for the penguins to thrive in. Experts will explain how the Antarctic daylight schedules are mimicked and how the atmospheric conditions are created with lighting, air handling, and filtration rooms. In the penguin support area you can see how an entire colony of penguins is fed, eggs are incubated, and chicks are cared for.
- Shark Encounter (10:00 AM – 4:30 PM): Learn all about the sharks and sawfish who live in SeaWorld’s 700,000-gallon habitat and get an insider look at how the animals get their annual physicals in the medical pool as well as how the unique exhibit is cleaned.
- Birds of Prey Rescue Center (10:00 AM – 4:30 PM): Meet the Ambassador Animal team responsible for the care of majestic birds like bald eagles and falcons. You can get a tour of the bird habitat, watch animal training in action, and hear all about how the birds connect with SeaWorld’s animal specialists.
- Shamu Stadium (10:00 AM – 4:30 PM): Get a unique perspective of Shamu Stadium from the backstage area for the first time ever. You’ll meet the animal care experts responsible for the killer whales and pilot whales that reside at the park, see the fish breakout room where hundreds of pounds of fish are prepared for the whales daily, check out the super-sized whale toys, and learn how SeaWorld’s largest residents are cared for each day.
On your journey through the Inside Look locations, you can collect at least four stamps in your official Explorer’s Guide to earn a SeaWorld Expert Explorer’s pin (while supplies last)!
Special Guest Appearances
In addition to the inside look locations and behind the scenes experiences, each weekend will feature a special guest appearance from a variety of familiar experts from various industries. The current roster of guests includes:
May 11 & 12: John Peterson
Jon Peterson, the leader of SeaWorld Orlando’s Zoological and Curator of Rescue Operations, sits down for an in-depth conversation about the team’s rescue operations in the field and how they care for the rescued animals.
May 18 & 19: Chris Fischer
The founder and chairman of OCEARCH returns to SeaWorld Orlando for a presentation on Collaborative White Shark Science.
Exclusively on Inside Look days, all of the park’s behind the scenes tours are buy one, get one free! Just head to the SeaWorld Rescue Store, the Information & Reservation Counter, or Guest Services to select and schedule any two of the following tours for the price of one:
- Sharks Up-Close Tour
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour
- Sea Lions Up-Close Tour
- Dolphins Up-Close Tour
- Killer Whale Up-Close Tour
- Wild Arctic Animals Up-Close Tour
- Penguins Up-Close
- Expedition SeaWorld: A Guided Tour
- Private VIP Tour