This month starts the new year off relatively slow in Orlando, with a bit of a break from the madness after a jam-packed holiday season. However, January is just the beginning and 2019 at the theme parks is going to be a pretty wild year with tons of new attractions, dining, entertainment and more! Take a look at what you can expect from your favorite parks this month and stay tuned for more to come!
- The Spunky Stork, an organic cotton baby essentials store, is now open inside Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories at Disney Springs. The Orlando based company will move to its own permanent location in the coming weeks.
- Tomorrowland Speedway at Magic Kingdom will close on January 2 due to construction in that area of the park. The attraction is currently scheduled to reopen on May 18.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach reopens to the public on January 5.
- On January 6, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will close for annual refurbishments until March 16.
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be closed for refurbishments from January 7 through March 22.
- Universal Holidays celebrations wrap up on January 6 at Universal Orlando Resort.
- The Real Music, Real Masters concert series returns to Busch Gardens Tampa on January 7. The annual festival will take place every Monday – Saturday through March 16.
- SeaWorld Orlando‘s new event series “Inside Look” begins on January 12, taking place every weekend through January 27.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration kicks off on January 18 at Magic Kingdom, bringing tons of exciting new entertainment to Walt Disney World!
- The annual Epcot International Festival of the Arts begins on January 18 and runs daily, ending on February 25.
2019 is already shaping up to be a huge year for Orlando’s local attractions! Stay up to date with what’s happening at your favorite theme parks by following @Tickets2You on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Grab discount tickets to all of Orlando’s most popular attractions from tickets2you.com!