- Three rides located in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter have been added to the Universal Express Pass list: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, and the Hogwarts Express.
- Mobile ordering has been added to four Magic Kingdom establishments: Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe. Pinocchio’s Village Haus, and Columbia Harbor House. Electric Umbrella at Epcot now has the mobile order feature as well. Liberty Inn, located at the American Adventure at Epcot will have mobile ordering starting August 7.
- Brave guests can now swim alongside sharks at Discovery Cove. The new deep sea adventure will cost $85 in addition to your regular ticket.
- Fun Finds at Disney Springs has officially reopened as Star Wars Trading Post. In the new store, you can find Star Wars clothing and gifts, as well as build your own droids and lightsabers.
- Guests staying at Disney’s Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk resorts can try the new Minnie Vans car service to get anywhere on the Walt Disney World Resort property. Cast Members at the hotel’s front desk can activate Minnie Van access via the Lyft app, and then users can request a car for up to 6 passengers. Each vehicle carries two car seats for those traveling with small children.
- After being closed for refurbishments, Mission: Space reopens on August 13 at Epcot. Changes include new names to both the Orange and Green Team missions; Orange Team is now Mission: Space – Mars, while the family-friendly Green Team is now Mission: Space – Earth. In addition to a new name, the new Mission: Space – Earth has a lower height requirement of 40 in.
- Starting August 20, Magic Kingdom‘s Fantasy of Flight Parade will take place at 2 p.m. daily. It will continue to run at 3 p.m. daily until then.
- The Wave…of American Flavor at The Contemporary resort has added bottomless mimosas to its breakfast menu for $18. The restaurant serves breakfast from 7:30 am to 11:00 am.
- Two new baby tigers are scheduled to be born at Animal Kingdom‘s Maharajah Jungle Trek sometime this month.
- A late-night Happy Hour has been added at Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar at Disney Springs. Guests can now enjoy specially priced appetizers, cocktails, wine and beer Monday – Thursday from 3 PM until 6:30 Pm and again from 9 PM to 11 PM. There is still only one happy hour on Fridays, from 3 PM – 6:30 PM.
- Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas at Magic Kingdom will now only be available from 12 PM – 6 PM daily. The raids and quests are all still available, just on a limited schedule.
- Marketplace Fun Finds at Disney Springs is closed for refurbishments. It will reopen as a newly named store that sells Star Wars merchandise exclusively. The Star Wars section of Once Upon a Toy will close once the new establishment is open.
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe at Disney Springs officially closes on August 1.
- Muppet-Vision 3-D at Hollywood Studios is closed for refurbishments through August 2.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat at Magic Kingdom will be closed temporarily from August 1 – August 10.
- Epcot’s Universe of Energy attraction and Hollywood Studios’ Great Movie Ride will both close permanently on August 13 to make room for two new attractions. Due to these attractions closing, annual pass holder block out dates have been temporarily lifted. Find out more about that here.
- Epcot‘s Coral Reef restaurant will be closed briefly from August 27 – August 30.
- Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom closes for refurbishments on August 28. It is scheduled to reopen November 17.
- For a limited time, Florida Residents can receive free valet parking and a free appetizer with the purchase of an entree at select Walt Disney World Resort restaurants: Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Flying Fish at Boardwalk, Citricos at Grand Floridian, and Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. This offer is valid until September 30, 2017 and may only be used during dinner.
- SeaWorld Orlando‘s summer spectacular Electric Ocean occurs nightly from 7:30 – 10:00 PM until August 5, when the event’s schedule is limited to Saturdays from 7:30 – 10:00 PM through September 3.
- American Idol is hosting auditions at Disney Springs on August 17. There will be special guest appearances by former contestants Jordin Sparks, Kris Allen, and Reuben Studdard. Even after the AI bus rolls out of town at the end of the day, there will still be a chance for Idol hopefuls to create and send audition tapes via the American Idol Pop-Up kiosk that will be located at Disney Springs until September 15.
- Photo Pass Day at Walt Disney World is back August 19. The one-day event includes special meet and greet opportunities and exclusive animated Magic Shots at all four parks.
- In celebration of Bambi’s 75th anniversary, there is a special meet & greet opportunity at Animal Kingdom August 25 – August 27. Meet Thumper and Miss Bunny at Rafiki’s Planet Watch from 10:20 AM – 4:00 PM each day.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party officially begins at Magic Kingdom this month on August 25 and August 29.
- Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival begins August 31. Get our complete guide to the 75-day event here.