December is a very busy time at Orlando’s theme parks with special holiday events, exciting seasonal food items, all-new attractions and so much more! Keep reading to find out how you can get into the spirit of Christmas this month.
- “12 Days of Hot Dogs” returns to Casey’s Corner at Magic Kingdom starting December 14! A new specialty hot dog will be available at the Main Street U.S.A. each day until Christmas Day, when the restaurant unveils a massive 2 Foot-Long Hot Dog that will be available through New Year’s Day. The specialty hot dogs include:
- DEC 14: Pineapple Teriyaki Dog (roasted pineapples, onions, Teriyaki sauce, and green onions)
- DEC 15: Buffalo Chicken Dog (buffalo chicken, celery, and garlic ranch drizzle)
- DEC 16: Greek Dog (olives, banana peppers, red onions, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce)
- DEC 17: Cuban Dog (mojo pork, relish, Swiss cheese, and mustard)
- DEC 18: Aztec Dog (sweet & spicy ground beef, creamy elote mixed with spicy lime mayonnaise, and grated Parmesan cheese)
- DEC 19: Philly Cheesesteak Dog (roasted beef, sauteed peppers & onions, and cheese sauce)
- DEC 20: Casey’s Classic Dog (hash browns, bacon, cheese and fried onion straws)
- DEC 21: Cheesy Dog (cheddar cheese, queso cheese, and spicy cheese puffs)
- DEC 22: Jalapeno Popper Dog (cheese sauce, garlic ranch, bacon bits, jalapeno poppers, and slice jalapenos)
- DEC 23: Loaded Mashed Potato Dog (garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized onions, cheddar bacon, scallion sour cream, and green onions)
- DEC 24: Poutine Dog (fries, poutine gravy, cheese curds, and chives)
- DEC 25 – JAN 1: 2 Foot-Long Hot Dog (with a choice of two toppings: Casey’s classic, chili cheese, or macaroni & cheese)
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill is now open at Disney Springs. The casual lunch and dinner menu features everything from pizza from wood-burning ovens, handmade pasta, steak and seafood, all made with local and organic ingredients. The new dining location is open Sunday – Thursday from 11 AM to 11 PM and Friday – Saturday from 11 AM to 12 AM.
- D-Luxe Burger in Town Center at Disney Springs is now open for breakfast starting at 8:30 AM daily! The breakfast menu, which will be available at least through the end of the year, includes a variety of options including:
- Classic Breakfast Burger ($7.99): D-Luxe signature patty, cheddar cheese, bacon, egg and hash browns served on a Parker House roll
- Egg White Frittata Sandwich ($7.99): Egg whites, spinach, hash browns, pico de gallo, and avocado crema served on a Parker House roll
- D-Luxe Breakfast Sandwich ($6.99): Egg, cheddar cheese, and bacon with a choice of D-Luxe signature patty, chorizo patty, or buttermilk fried chicken
- Crispy Chicken Biscuit ($7.99): Buttermilk fried chicken, honey butter, chipotle mayonnaise, and pickles served on a cheddar biscuit
- El Diablo Breakfast Burger ($7.99): Chorizo signature blend patty, pepper jack cheese, smoked bacon pepper jam, and egg served on a cheddar biscuit
- Breakfast Sandwich ($3.99): Egg, cheddar cheese, and bacon served on a small Parker House roll
- Greek Yogurt Parfait ($5.99): Greek yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, and granola
- Fresh Cut Fries with Sausage Gravy ($4.99)
- Fresh Cut Fries with Bearnaise Sauce ($4.99)
- Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz are now available for meet and greets in Innoventions West at Epcot
- Magic Kingdom’s Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It! Street Party ends on December 1. Its replacement will debut in early 2019.
- Magic Kingdom’s Walt Disney World Railroad will be temporarily out of service starting December 3 due to construction in the park. The railroad is currently set to reopen on January 5, 2019.
- The Liberty Square Riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island at Magic Kingdom are scheduled to reopen on December 22
- The all-new Disney Junior Dance Party makes its debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 22 in Animation Courtyard
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party takes place on select nights at Magic Kingdom through December 21.
- The Epcot International Festival of Holidays and Epcot’s Candlelight Processional both end on December 30
- SeaWorld Orlando‘s Christmas Celebration ends December 31
- Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay closes on December 31
- Universal Holidays occurs daily at Universal Orlando Resort through January 6, 2019
- Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios continues all month long, ending on January 6, 2019
- Get the full roster of local holiday events with this Guide to Christmas in Orlando!
As this year comes to a close, there are so many things to celebrate and so much more fun to come to Orlando in 2019! Stay up to date with what’s happening at your favorite theme parks and attractions by following @Tickets2You on blog.tickets2you.com!