February may be the shortest month of the year, but there’s no shortage of big changes happening at Orlando’s theme parks. From tons of new attractions to special festivals at almost every park, check out everything you can expect in Central Florida this month.
- There have been some changes made to Walt Disney World’s evening entertainment schedule: Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular (Hollywood Studios) will now begin at 8:15 PM, Fantasmic! (Hollywood Studios) will now begin at 7 PM, and Happily Ever After (Magic Kingdom) will now begin at 7:55 PM nightly.
- In celebration of ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World’s 20th anniversary, The multi-purpose extension is now open. The Arena is a 300,00 square foot multi use venue that will house cheerleading, dance, basketball, volleyball, and gymnastics events. The 8,000 seat arena will also host runDisney Health & Wellness Expos on race weekends, starting with this month’s Disney Princess Half Marathon.
- Guests can now see a brand new baby Nile hippopotamus at Animal Kingdom’s Kilimanjaro Safari! The baby was born on January 14, 2018 and is the first hippo born at the park in 13 years.
- Universal Orlando has debuted an all-new projection show on the Hogwarts Castle called “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle”, located on the Islands of Adventure side of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The new evening spectacular will run on select nights throughout the year. This month, the show will run until February 5, and again from February 7 – February 12. Check back for additional dates throughout the month!
- A preview of the upcoming Disney film A Wrinkle in Time is coming to Walt Disney Presents at Hollywood Studios on February 9.
- Walt Disney World Resort hotels are testing an electronic payment program at select rlocations, starting February 12 at Animal Kingdom Lodge‘s Jambo House. Acceptable methods of payment will include Magic Bands, credit and debit cards, Disney Rewards points, Disney gift cards, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay. Depending on the success of the trial, the program will extend to other resort locations.
- Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom is closed for refurbishments until February 2.
- Epcot‘s Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable will have its final showing at The Land pavilion on February 3. Disney Performing Arts will take over the space for workshops and performances starting February 9.
- Animal Kingdom‘s Finding Nemo show is postponed from February 4 through February 18 (maybe the 24th)
- The Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Epcot’s Norway pavilion is closing for major refurbishments starting February 4. The rennovations will take place til summer 2018 but a temporary location called Midnattsol Bakeri will be open, offering guest-favorite pastries like School Bread,
- Kali River Rapids reopens at Animal Kingdom February 10
- Magic Kingdom‘s First Aid Center, normally located on Main Street U.S.A., is temporarily open in Tomorrowland next to Space Mountain. The Main Street center will reopen to guests on February 16.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom closes for refurbishments on February 28, scheduled to reopen on March 2
- Magic Kingdom‘s Pirates of the Caribbean ride closes on February 28 for refurbishments, scheduled to reopen March 19
- The last weekend of LEGO Ninjago Days at LEGOLAND Florida is February 3 &4.
- Universal‘s Mardi Gras Celebration begins February 3.
- Sesame Street Pirate Party Weekends take place at Busch Gardens Tampa each Saturday & Sunday from February 3 -11! Bring your little ones dressed in pirate gear and enjoy character parades, dance parties with Sesame Street friends, themed story times, a treasure scavenger hunt, exclusive photo opportunities and more pirate fun!
- The last day of Praise Wave at SeaWorld Orlando is February 10.
- SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology is hosting a Forensic Night on February 10. The event gives guests the chance to experience skeletons the way that law enforcement, doctors and anthropologists do.
- SeaWorld‘s Seven Seas Food Fest begins on February 17.
- Epcot‘s International Festival of the Arts continues through February 19.
- The Epcot Flower & Garden Festival begins on February 28.
Follow @Tickets2You on blog.tickets2you.com!