February may be the shortest month of the year, but there is no shortage of events and updates to enjoy at Orlando’s theme parks this month. The lineup of special events taking place is almost stacked enough to keep you busy every day of February! Keep reading for everything you can expect from your favorite attractions all month long.
- Magic Kingdom is unveiling an all new “Taste of Magic Kingdom” VIP Tour starting February 24.
- Peter Pan’s Flight will reopen at Magic Kingdom on February 2.
- The Planet Hollywood Super Store at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will officially close on February 2. Planet Hollywood merchandise will still be available for purchase at Disney Springs in the restaurant’s attached gift shop.
- Tomorrowland Speedway at Magic Kingdom will be closed due to construction in that area of the park through May 18.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is closed for annual refurbishments until March 16.
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is closed for refurbishments until March 22.
- An all new Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party has taken over Discovery Island at Disney’s Animal Kingdom daily through September 30.
- Rock the Universe is back at Universal Orlando early this year, taking place on February 1 & 2.
- Elmo’s Birthday Weekend brings all new fun and games to SeaWorld Orlando on February 2 & 3.
- The Mardi Gras festivities begin at Universal Orlando on February 9. The park-wide party keeps going daily until April 4.
- The Seven Seas Food Festival is back at SeaWorld Orlando starting February 9. Delicious food and awesome concerts will take over the park every Saturday and Sunday through May 5.
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is back at the park with new entertainment, food, and exhibits through February 25.
- Real Music Real Masters takes place at Busch Gardens Tampa every Monday – Saturday through March 16.
- Exciting new festivities are occurring daily at Magic Kingdom through September 30 as part of Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration. Other exciting Disney World events include the 30 Years of Hollywood Studios Celebration and the 25th anniversary of The Lion King at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
As Spring makes its way to Florida, we can expect lots of exciting events and new park fun to take over our favorite local theme parks and attractions. Don’t miss a minute of the action, stay in the loop on all things Orlando by following @Tickets2You on Tickets2You.com for discount tickets to all of the best local attractions!