July is here and summer is in full swing! As you’re planning your family vacation (or staycation!), we’re keeping you in the loop on what’s going on this month at Orlando’s theme parks and beyond.
- In honor of the Cars 3 premiere last month, you can now meet Cruz Ramirez in Pixar Place at Hollywood Studios, near the exit of Toy Story Mania.
- You can now find your favorite Despicable Me characters in Universal‘s Superstar Parade! The new float features Gru and his twin brother Dru, as well as Margo, Agnes and Edith.
- From now until July 31, Walt Disney World Passholders can purchase the Express Transportation Summer Pass for $59 per person. The pass can be used to travel from park-to-park quickly until August 10.
- Minnie’s Summertime Dine is back at Hollywood Studios‘ Hollywood & Vine restaurant. During the meal guests can hang out with Minnie & her friends, who are all decked out in their best summer outfits.
- Epcot’s Taste Track is reopened for the summer! Indulge in sweet treats like the Berry Explosion Sundae, Chocolatey Churro Sundae, or the Apple Pie Sundae. Taste Track is typically open daily from 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Dreamworks characters will be hanging around Universal Studios this summer; Kung Fu Panda’s Po & Tigress, Madagascar’s Alex, King Julian and the penguins, Trolls’ Poppy & Branch, and Shrek’s Puss in Boots will join Shrek and Fiona.
- Mobile Ordering is will be available at D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs starting July 5. This is in addition to the restaurants with mobile order at Animal Kingdom: Satu’li Canteen, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus & Flame Tree BBQ. The feature will also soon be available at 5 restaurants in Magic Kingdom, including Tomorrowland Terrace, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Pinocchio’s Village Haus, Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn, and Columbia Harbour House. Access to Mobile Ordering is on the My Disney Experience app.
- There’s a new Frozen Ever After Dessert Party accompanying Epcot’s IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks show. The exclusive event includes refreshments, premium fireworks viewing, and a ride on Frozen Ever After once the park has closed. The new party costs $79 for adults and $49 for kids.
- New short films are coming to Epcot’s Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival. In addition to current favorite “Get a Horse”, 2 new animated shorts, “Feast” and “Piper” will be available for 3D viewing. For the Birds & La Luna will no longer be available. Feast is the story of Winston the Boston terrier, first seen before Big Hero 6. Piper is about a baby sandpiper learning to overcome her fear of water, first seen before Finding Dory.
- Coinciding with this summer’s Electric Ocean event, SeaWorld has brought back Sea Lions Tonite, the parody show that takes Clyde, Seamore, and the Seaworld mime on a hilarious adventure through the parks attractions
- Ride photos are now available at pirates of the caribbean, return of the talking skeleton head from the original ride used to mask the photo spot
- Dinner show at Loews Sapphire Falls; “Caribbean Carnaval” at Cayman Court, all you can eat buffet, 45 min show complete with dancers and musicians performing to music from the Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, Barbados, and Trinidad & Tobago
- The brand new baby dolphin nursery at SeaWorld officially opened on June 23 and allows guests to get an even closer look at the adorable bay mammals and their mothers.
- Mission Space at Epcot reopens July 31
- Hall of Presidents at Magic Kingdom is closed until the end of the year.
- LEGOLAND Knight Lights is happening every weekend this July. Royal LEGO lovers can take part in LEGO builds, scavenger hunts, DJ dance parties, and LEGO challenges with prizes before closing out each night with an incredible night time light display in the castle courtyard. Viewers will need special glasses for the evening spectacular, which will be free at the event.
- There are several Fourth of July activities and events going on in Orlando, you can see the full list here.
- Disney Springs is hosting a “Beat the Heat DJ Dance Party” every day from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. all summer long, complete with fun music and Disney Springs’ signature Marketplace fountains. The party occurs between Earl of Sandwich and Once Upon A Toy.
Don’t forget to get your discounted attraction tickets from tickets2you.com!