Summer is definitely on its way, and Orlando’s theme parks are getting ready vacationers in a big way. Practically every park is welcoming brand new attractions and the calendar of special events is jam packed. Keep reading for all the details!
- Maria & Enzo’s Italian Ristorante, located at Disney Springs, is now offering a weekly brunch on Sundays. Guests can enjoy a buffet of mascarpone french toast, poached hen eggs, quinoa kale salad, steak and eggs, and other elegant breakfast dishes. Buffet pricing is $35 for adults, $15 for kids, and an optional upgrade to bottomless mimosas or bellinis for an additional $15. Make reservations here.
- Disney Springs‘ newest quick service restaurant Pizza Ponte is now serving breakfast daily, starting at 8:00 AM.
- DisneyStyle opens on the West Side of Disney Springs this month, in the former location of the Harley Davidson store
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is offering guests who are 21 and older two free beers per visit all summer long. The featured 7 oz offering will change throughout the summer, beginning with Corona in celebration of Cinco de Mayo. Guests can stop by the Garden Gate Cafe for complimentary beverages through August 5.
- Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise is back for a limited time on Fridays & Saturdays. Departing from Disney’s Transportation Ticket Center (TTC), the General Joe Potter Ferryboat sets sail on the Seven Seas Lagoon for prime viewing of Magic Kingdom’s “Happily Ever After” fireworks show.
- Sweet Spells, located at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is now closed. The sweets shop is undergoing major refurbishments and will reopen as a shop for Toy Story Land merchandise.
- Fastpass+ Reservations for Toy Story Mania at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will not be available this month, due to construction on the ride building in preparation for the opening of Toy Story Land on June 30. The attraction will still be open for standby riders.
- The LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens MINILAND display model opens to the public on May 4 at LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
- Starting May 12, the Mickey Mouse in Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom will no longer talk to guests. The meet and greet will remain available at this location, just with no communication.
- The Friendship boat service that runs from the Epcot area hotels to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be closed starting May 7 due to construction on the Swan & Dolphin Bridge.
- Starting May 1, The Bourbon Trail opens to guests who are 21 and older at Disney Springs, available through June 17.
- On May 2, Universal Orlando will celebrate the opening of Fast & Furious – Supercharged with a special evening event featuring guest appearances from some of the film franchise’s stars!
- LEGO Star Wars Days begins at LEGOLAND Florida Resort on May 5. The galactic festivities take place most Saturdays and Sundays this month; May 5 & 6, May 12 & 13, and May 19 & 20.
- Sesame Street Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends begin on May 5 at Busch Gardens Tampa. Each weekend from May 5 – May 20 has its own theme and a series of exclusive activities for little ones to enjoy.
- SeaWorld Orlando‘s Just For Kids weekends runs from May 5 – May 13 starting at 9:00 AM each Saturday and Sunday.
- SeaWorld Orlando will also be offering a special Inside Look event each weekend from May 5 – May 20, where guests can get a much closer look at how the park’s animal experts take care of the animals each day.
- Busch Gardens Tampa‘s Run For The Fund 5k begins at 7:15 AM on May 19.
- An Incredible Summer at Walt Disney World Resort begins on May 25.
- Electric Ocean, SeaWorld Orlando‘s summer spectacular event, starts on May 26.
- Jack Hanna Weekend is back at Busch Gardens Tampa on May 26 – 27.
- Star Wars Galactic Nights returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios with an exclusive sneak peek of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on May 27.
Stay up to date with all things theme parks by following @Tickets2You on blog.tickets2you.com for the best deals on tickets to Orlando’s most popular attractions!