March is here and spring is officially just a few weeks away! The weather is heating up, the festival season is in full swing, and new attractions are popping up at all your favorite theme parks. Check out what’s happening in Orlando this month:
- A preview of the upcoming live action Dumbo film is now playing at Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The movie premieres in theaters on March 29.
- An all-new Coco inspired show makes its debut at Epcot’s Mexico pavilion on March 6 featuring Disney’s Mariachi Cobre and a pair of folklorico dancers telling the story of Miguel Rivera’s love for music. Musicians will perform popular songs from the film and Miguel will appear in puppet form during the show.
- Shamu’s Happy Harbor at SeaWorld Orlando is officially closed and will reopen later this spring as Sesame Street!
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is closed for maintenance until March 9.
- Both Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges and ME Ship, The Olive will reopen at Universal’s Islands of Adventures on March 16.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon reopens to the public on March 16.
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is closed for refurbishments through March 22.
- Magic Kingdom‘s Casey Jr. Splash’N’Soak play area is closed for refurbishments until March 24.
- Lighting McQueen’s Racing Academy officially opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 31.
- Mardi Gras keeps the party going at Universal Orlando with parades, live performances, and delicious New Orleans cuisine through April 4.
- SeaWorld Orlando‘s Seven Seas Food Fest continues to bring Latin music and flavors to the park each weekend through May 5.
- Dine with Peppa Pig at Busch Gardens Tampa on March 2 & 3! The limited time dining experience ($24.99 for adults and $19.99 for kids) includes a buffet meal and character meet and greet for guests of all ages in Sesame Pavilion. Reservations are available on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM.
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival kicks off on March 6, filling the park with amazing topiaries and displays, outdoor kitchens, and live performances daily through June 3.
- On March 9 & 10 enjoy a PJ Masks dining experience at Busch Gardens Tampa which, includes a buffet meal and a meet and greet with Owlette, Gekko and Catboy. Reservations are available on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM. This experience is also $24.99 per adult and $19.99 per child.
- Registration for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31 – Nov. 3) opens on March 19.
Don’t miss a minute of the action, stay in the loop on all things Orlando by following @Tickets2You on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Browse Tickets2You.com for discount tickets to all of the best local attractions!