Waiting in long lines at the theme parks is always a nuisance, but when you’ve built up a major appetite from walking around in the Florida heat for hours it can be especially painful to end up stuck waiting for food. To help solve that problem, the Official Universal Orlando Resort App allows you to order a meal via smartphone from anywhere in the park that will be ready to go when you arrive to pick it up!
Universal’s mobile express pick-up feature allows guests to order a meal and pay for it in just a few simple steps. First, download the official app from your phone’s app store and create an account. On the app’s main page, tap the menu and select the “Order Food & Drinks” option to choose which restaurant you would like to place your order at. Across Universal Orlando Resort, you can use the mobile express pick-up feature at all of the following dining locations.
Universal Studios Florida
- Mel’s Drive-In (Hollywood)
- TODAY Cafe (Hollywood)
- Richter’s Burger Co. (San Francisco)
- Fast Food Boulevard (Springfield: Home of the Simpsons)
- Universal Studios’ Classic Monsters Cafe (Production Central)
Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Cafe 4 (Marvel Super Hero Island)
- Captain America Diner (Marvel Super Hero Island)
- Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (Seuss Landing)
- Comic Strip Cafe (Toon Lagoon)
- Pizza Predattoria (Jurassic Park)
- The Burger Digs (Jurassic Park)
- Thunder Falls Terrace (Jurassic Park)
Universal’s Volcano Bay
- Bambu (Rainforest Village)
- Kohola Reef Restaurant and Social Club (Wave Village)
- Whakawaiwai Eats (River Village)
- Bread Box Handcrafted Sandwiches
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery
Once you’ve decided where you want to order from, browse the menu to select your desired entree, confirm your order and check out. If you’re ordering while in line for a ride or aren’t quite ready to make your way to your pick up location, you can wait to officially place the order for as long as you’d like. After you’ve paid, your order won’t start being cooked until you click “Prepare My Order”. This way, you’re guaranteed a fresh meal when you’re ready to dine. You can find out when your meal is ready to be picked up by checking the Order Status page. When you arrive at the dining location of your choice, just look for the Mobile Express Pick Up sign and grab your food!
Mobile Express Pick Up is available for use during regular park hours. Check back to this post for updates on new participating restaurants and other details as the app feature continues to be rolled out across the resort. For more information on mobile ordering at theme parks, check out this guide to mobile ordering at Disney World. You can find discount tickets to Universal Orlando, Walt Disney World, and so much more on Tickets2You.com!