Planning a trip to Disney World can be tricky, from figuring out which tickets to purchase to deciding what experiences and reservations need to be booked. Add in all of the new health and safety procedures, and it can easily become overwhemling. Luckily, the My Disney Experience app can help alleviate your stress so you can focus on all the Disney magic!
Planning Your Trip
The My Disney Experience app is loaded with tools to make your entire Disney trip easier. Purchasing tickets, planning your days, and so much more is all at your fingertips.
Tickets and Passes
In the Tickets and Passes section, you can purchase tickets for your entire party. Mobile passes allow you to keep the group’s tickets organized for easy access. You can also book and modify FastPasses for your entire group. Your tickets can be scanned right from your mobile phone at the park entrance and to redeem FastPasses.
Whether it’s a day trip or an extended visit, it’s always a good idea to keep all of your trip information organized. In the “My Plans” section of the My Disney Experience app, you can keep track of all the reservations and activities you have planned. When your schedule is set, you can share your itinerary with the family and friends joining you at Disney World.
If you’re staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can also manage your reservations through the app. You can start the check-in process online, get real-time updates on your reservation, and view your room number. The app even allows you to unlock your door in addition to other direct-to-room services!
In the Parks
Inside the resort, the My Disney Experience app has more features that will help you cruise through the parks. The interactive maps provide directions to all of the following locations throughout the resort:
- Dining Locations
- Guest Service Areas
- Character Experiences
- Transportation Areas
You can access wait times and virtual queue information for rides and attractions as well as book events/tours. After booking, you’ll get directions to the correct starting location.
One of the best parts of the My Disney Experience is the Disney dining tools. From the map, you can locate all restaurants, food carts, and quick-service dining locations across the resort. By clicking on any dining area, you can view the menu and even place a mobile order where applicable.
The newest feature of the app is the Mobile Dine Walk-Up Waitlist Service. It allows you to check the wait times at any of Disney World’s table service restaurants. If available, you can add up to seven guests to the walk-up waitlist at participating dining locations! When you’re in the park, you will be able to view which restaurants have walk-up availability on the map. Because the feature is still in the roll-out period, it is only available at select dining locations. The current participating restaurants include:
- Kona Cafe – Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Sanaa – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani Village)
- Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Whispering Canyon Cafe – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Ale & Compass – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop – Disney’s Beach Club
- California Grill – Disney’ Contemporary Resort
- Chef Mickey’s – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Wave…of American Flavors – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Biergarten Restaurant – EPCOT
- Coral Reef Restaurant – EPCOT
- Garden Grill – EPCOT
- Le Cellier Steakhouse – EPCOT
- Rose & Crown Dining Room – EPCOT
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Hollywood Brown Derby – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Oga’s Cantina – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Be Our Guest Restaurant – Magic Kingdom
- Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen – Magic Kingdom
- Liberty Tree Tavern – Magic Kingdom
- The Plaza Restaurant – Magic Kingdom
- Tony’s Town Square – Magic Kingdom
- The Nomad Lounge – Disney’s Animal Kingdom
During each visit to the parks, all Disney PhotoPass photos are immediately linked to your My Disney Experience account. Photos taken at character interactions, Magic Spots, and other locations throughout the resort are stored for later viewing. PhotoPass locations are marked on the map to help you find the special spots at each park. You can also edit, download, and share your photos right from your phone with Disney’s Memory Maker.
In addition to purchasing photos, you can shop for authentic Disney Parks souvenirs online. If you’d prefer to shop in the parks, the app will show you where to find items in the parks.
For more mobile fun, check out the Play Disney Parks app. With games, trivia, music, and more, it’s the perfect tool to help pass the time waiting in lines!