Taking the time truly relax is so crucial for your mental, emotional, and physical health. In honor of National Relaxation Day, here are five resorts that guarantee a luxurious weekend.
- The Swan & Dolphin Among the resort’s five pools is a relaxing 3-acre oasis complete with soothing waterfalls and 4 whirlpool spas, which is the perfect tropical paradise for spending the weekend relaxing. Between the kiddie pool, water slide, 3 other swimming pools, and the Cabana Bar, the Grotto has everything you need to keep your family entertained while you soak up the sun with a signature cocktail in had. Find even more pampering in the Mandara Spa, the tranquil sanctuary that offers luxurious treatments for both men and women. The resort offers in-room child care and Camp Dolphin, a supervised children’s activity center, to keep kids entertained while the adults treat themselves to some peace and quiet.
- The Grand Floridian From the elegant dining experiences to the white sandy beaches along the Seven Seas Lagoon, this lavish hotel embodies the sophisticated Victorian style of the Palm Beach golden era. The quiet Courtyard pool is the ideal place to relax, with a nearby whirlpool spa and kiddie pool to keep little ones entertained close by. Other calming features at the Grand Floridian include the revitalizing Senses spa and the Garden View Tea Room, where guests can enjoy morning or afternoon tea overlooking the resort’s pools and gardens.
- The Polynesian Drop the kids off at Lilo’s Play House, where they can enjoy supervised activities inspired by their favorite Disney stories and indulge in some much-needed down time. At the Oasis Patio, guests can lay in the shade near the calming Oasis pool and order lounge chair-side service from the Oasis Bar & Grill. Other relaxing activities include motor boat cruises round the Seven Seas Lagoon, fishing, and Movies Under the Stars on the Great Ceremonial House Lawn.
- Wilderness Lodge provides the complete atmosphere that you’d find at a winter ski lodge without the brutal cold. Much like the other resorts on this list, the Wilderness Lodge offers two different pools. The Copper Creek Springs pool is a bubbling body of water with exciting rock slides and both hot and cold whirlpool spas. For a more peaceful vibe, guests can relax by the Boulder Ridge Cover pool in the whirlpool spas or lounging on the shaded pool chairs. Pamper yourself with a massage or facial at the Sturdy Branches Health Club or take a quiet bike ride along the resort’s peaceful nature trails.
- The Contemporary At this resort, guests can start their day of tranquility with yoga on the lawn beneath the Skyway Bridge. The class is open to people of all ages and fitness levels. This resort also offers guests two different pools to enjoy. Jutting out over Bay Lake, the quiet Bay pool is a nice escape from the main pool’s giant slide and water playground. Sun bathe on a poolside lounger or rent a private cabana, complete with a flat screen TV and mini fridge, for the ultimate luxurious afternoon. Other perks include whirlpool spas and the nearby Sand Bar which serves snacks, desserts, tropical cocktails, and more. Like most of the other spots on the list you can also enjoy fishing, boat rentals, and movies under the stars at The Contemporary.
Get more info on the amazing amenities these resorts offer or check out other Disney Resort hotels here.