National Taco Day is a holiday that is definitely worth enjoying, no matter where you’re celebrating. If you’re planning on spending October 4 at your favorite theme park, use this guide to help you find the best tacos that park has to offer!
Universal Orlando Resort
If you find yourself at Universal Orlando Resort this Friday, you have five dining locations to choose from on the hunt for delicious tacos.
Universal Studios Florida
Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck is located in Springfield – Home of the Simpsons at Universal Studios. This counter service location serves two tacos and a side of chips for $9.99. Meal options include:
- Korean Beef Taco: Asian-inspired braised beef in a warm flour tortilla, finished with a zesty cucumber and radish topping
- Carne Asada Taco: Grilled skirt steak with shredded lettuce, guacamole, and salsa served in a warm flour tortilla
- Chicken Taco: Grilled sliced chicken served with cheddar cheese, lettuce, and homemade salsa served in a warm flour tortilla
In the Hollywood area of the park, head to Cafe La Bamba for a choice of chicken or beef tacos served with a side of rice and beans.
- Chicken Tacos ($8.99)
- Beef Tacos ($9.49)
Universal’s Volcano Bay
Over at Volcano Bay (Universal’s Water Theme Park), you can find a few taco options at one of the parks three dining locations. At the Feasting Frog, you can order two tacos with a side of plantain chips and salsa for $9.99.
- Carne Asada Taco: Grilled skirt steak, guacamole, shredded lettuce, queso fresco, and cilantro
- Chicken Taco: Grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, and salsa
Outside of the parks at Universal Citywalk, Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food is (not surprisingly) the number one spot for tacos at Citywalk. Choose from the restaurant’s taco salad or a variety of different taco options, served on flour tortillas with a side of refried beans and cilantro rice.
- Ground Beef Taco Salad ($14.95): Ground beef, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and avocado dressing
- Pollo Tacos ($13.95): Chicken tinga, pico de gallo, queso cotija, Spanish onion, lettuce, and cilantro
- Cochinita Tacos ($15.95): Slow roasted achiote pork made with orange lime marinade and topped with white cabbage, house-made Mexican guava BBQ sauce, pickled red onion, and cilantro
- Farm Fresh Tacos ($13.95): Loaded with sweet potatoes, kale, jack fruit, nopales, and avocado salsa verde
- Beef Tinga Tacos ($14.95): Slow-braised beef with roasted tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and queso fresco
- Shrimp Baja Tacos ($16.95): Baja fried shrimp, cabbage slaw, peach salsa, and avocado dressing
Also located at Citywalk, Margaritaville offers two taco meal options.
- Taco Salad ($15.95): Chopped greens, volcano chili, tortilla chips, mixed cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole served with creamy lime ranch dressing
- Fish Tacos ($19.95): Crispy fish fried in Landshark batter, topped with avocado, cilantro-lime coleslaw, and key lime crema. Tacos are served with black beans, rice and pico de gallo on the side.
Walt Disney World Resort
Because Walt Disney World Resort is the largest attraction area in Orlando, it’s no surprise that there are several taco spots scattered throughout the parks and Disney Springs. This means that it would be pretty easy to find a place to indulge in National Taco Day, no matter where you are at Disney World!
While you’re at Magic Kingdom, you’ll have to make your way to Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe in Frontierland to satisfy your taco cravings.
- Taco Trio ($10.99): Three soft shell tacos with a selection of seasoned ground beef, seasoned chicken, pork carnitas, or spicy breaded cauliflower topped with five-spice yogurt and pineapple salsa. You can customize your meal with additional toppings from the Fixins’ Bar.
This year, National Taco Day takes place during “A Taste of the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival”. Stop by the Mexico Global Marketplace for a Ribeye Taco, made of ribeye steak and ranchera salsa in a corn tortilla topped with onions, chives, and a lime wedge. There is also a wide variety of restaurants in the Mexico Pavilion at the World Showcase that all have their own delicious taco options on the menu.
La Cantina De San Angel
- Tacos De Pollo ($13.75): Seasoned chicken on homemade corn tortillas served with Mexican rice, refried black beans, and red salsa
- Taco Trio ($13.75): Seasoned beef, chicken, and fish tacos in homemade corn tortillas served with Mexican rice, black beans, red salsa, habanero aioli, and slaw
- Tacos De Barbacoa ($14.00): Seasoned beef on homemade corn tortillas with a side of Mexican rice, refried black beans, and red salsa
- Tacos De Pescado ($13.75): Seasoned fried fish on homemade corn tortillas with Mexican rice, refried black beans, slaw, and habanero aioli
La Hacienda De San Angel
- Tacos De Camarones ($27): Fried shrimp tacos made with chipotle lime aioli, cabbage, and salsa verde on flour tortillas
- Tacos De Vegetales ($18): Grilled vegetables and black beans topped with queso fresco and chipotle aioli on flour tortillas
San Angel Inn Restaurante
- Tacos De Carne ($26): Braised beef, poblano peppers, and onions on corn tortillas served with guacamole, rice and beans, and salsa verde
- Tacos Al Pastor ($24): Pastor marinated grilled pork served with peppers, onions, and a side of esquites accompanied by roasted pineapple, onion, and cilantro relish and salsa verde
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
On your way in or out of the park, you can stop by Rainforest Cafe at the entrance of Disney’s Animal Kingdom for Ahi Tuna Street Tacos. The delicious meal, which costs $20.99, is made of blackened ahi tuna, jicama slaw, sriracha aioli, green onions, and Asian vegetables on corn tortillas.
4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck offers a few customizable taco options. They can be ordered with the filling of your choice, including brisket barbacoa, Nana’s pork sofrito, chicken tinga, grilled tri-tip steak, or black beans and rice. (NOTE: This food truck is currently closed)
- Taco Cone ($11.99): A taco cone loaded with your choice of filling, shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, queso, cilantro, jalapeno, and a lime wedge
- 3 Tacos ($10.99): Choice of filling with guasacaca, creme fraiche, pico de gallo, salsa verde, queso fresco, and cilantro in a tortilla with a lime wedge and jalapenos
At Springs Street Tacos, located in Exposition Park, you can purchase a taco combo for $9. The meal includes two tacos made with your choice of steak, fish, chicken, or vegetables.
Frontera Cocina is another great spot to feed your taco craving. The menu, created by Chef Rick Bayless, features authentic Mexican dishes with a modern twist.
- Morita-roasted Vegetables ($19): Roasted cauliflower and Mexican calabacitas, caramelized red onions, smoky Morita chile sauce, garlicky red beans, guacamole, and chipotle salsa on warm corn tortillas
- Pork Belly Tacos ($24): Crispy pork belly, smoky bacon, grilled knob onions, black bean refritos with queso fresco, guacamole, red onion, cilantro, and three chile-agave salsa on warm corn tortillas
- Grilled Chicken Chipotle Tacos ($20): Grilled chicken in tangy chipotle sauce, caramelized red onions, black beans refritos with queso fresco, guacamole, and chipotle salsa on warm corn tortillas
- Carne Asada Tacos ($24): Grilled steak, poblano rajas, black beans refritos with queso fresco, salsa verde, and guacamole on warm corn tortillas
Jaleo is a recent addition to the West Side of Disney Springs. The newest concept from chef Jose Andres serves a variety of authentic Spanish dishes like Jose’s Taco ($18), which is made with Iberico de Bellota and supreme caviar.
Although the House of Blues Restaurant is mostly made up of hearty Southern cuisine, there are a few taco options on the menu that are made with a Southern twist.
- Brisket Tacos ($16): Corn tortillas filled with chopped brisket in Texas BBQ sauce, cotija cheese, coleslaw, pickled red onion, and cilantro crema
- Mushroom Tacos ($15): Corn tortillas loaded with roasted chestnut mushrooms, lime crema, with corn and smoked jalapeno relish, and feta
- Shrimp Tacos ($16): Corn tortillas filled with cajun shrimp, avocado salsa, and remoulade coleslaw
Despite the restaurant’s Latin-Caribbean inspiration, Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas just has one taco option on the menu:
- Baja Fish Tacos ($20): crispy battered seasonal white fish, flour tortillas, cabbage slaw, corn salsa, and cilantro lime crema
Every day is National Taco Day at LEGOLAND Florida (literally!) Taco Everyday, located in THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD, is your go-to stop for delicious tacos at the park. Meals are served on corn or flour tortillas with a side of tortilla chips.
- Smoky Brisket Taco: Topped with cilantro vegetable slaw, pico de gallo, and cotija cheese
- Chilled Krab Salad Taco: Topped with creamy chipotle vegetable slaw and pickled onions
- Flame Grilled Chicken Taco: Topped with cilantro vegetable slaw, pico de gallo, and cotija cheese
- Out of This World Benny Taco/Unikitty Cuckoo Taco: Kids’ meal option made with grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, and shredded lettuce on a colorful flour tortilla
Where will you be celebrating National Taco Day? For more information about theme park dining, check out this guide to the parks’ best breakfast spots!