Foodies get excited! The Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, celebrating its 20th year, is returning to the Walt Disney World® Resort Sept. 25-Nov. 16, 2015, bigger and better than ever. With more than 30 global marketplaces to explore, guests will be able to celebrate the festival’s 20th year in many ways.
For the first time ever, the International Food & Wine Festival will be stretching into the park’s Future World with four new food and beverage marketplaces. For the wine and cheese lovers, you’ll be able to enjoy the new Artistry of Wine & Cheese festival area along the walkway toward Future World West, which will feature the Cheese Studio (offering a cheese sampler served on an artist’s palette to pair with wines) and the Wine Studio with premium wines on tap.
Near the Epcot Character Spot, Guests can discover the new Next Eats area, featuring the Sustainable Chew and Chew Lab marketplaces inspired by ABC’s Emmy-Award® winning lifestyle series “The Chew,” starring co-hosts Mario Batali, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Daphne Oz. Sustainable Chew will offer three dishes, and Chew Lab will show off hot culinary tech trends including a Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.
Many of the festivals’ events are included with general theme park admission, including the new Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discover Passport, as well as attractions and park entertainment. Guests wanting to indulge in more can also look forward to the premium events at an additional cost, including:
- Rockin’ Burger Block Party – Guests can get a glimpse of the cast of ABC TV’s “The Chew” at this new premium event on Oct. 8 in World ShowPlace. They’ll enjoy specialty burgers and sliders inspired by top names in the music industry such as Dave Matthews and his Dreaming Tree Wines and Carlos Santana’s Casa Noble Tequila. (Two additional Burger Block Parties are set for Sept. 25 and Nov. 6.) This event includes VIP seating with a specialty cocktail toast, premium bar and more.
- Yelloween Masquerade Party for the Senses – This first-time event on Oct. 31 will be one in a series of popular Party for the Senses premium Guests can experience an elegant, dance-the-night-away, gourmet tasting party with Champagne, wine, craft beers and specialty cocktails paired with food.
- Another Party for the Senses Guests won’t want to miss takes place Oct. 24, and features Disney chefs from the United States, Europe and Asia cooking their favorite cuisine that represents their cultures as well as the Disney Parks and Resorts they call home.
- Additional Party for the Senses dates are Oct. 3, 10 and 17, and each evening starts with a reserved seat at the Eat to the Beat concert series at the America Gardens Theatre. Following the show, Guests will head to World ShowPlace for a sensational evening with more than 50 tasting stations, and performances by Cirque du Soleil
- What’s Cookin’ With …Guests can begin the morning with a delightful plated brunch and sparkling wine toast. Culinary celebs will demo a favorite dish and then sit down with the emcee to answer questions from the audience and share secrets of their successes. The brunch happens every Friday and Saturday at 10 a.m. during the festival.
Guests you can see during the festival will include the following:
- September 27th: Andrew Zimmern
- October 2nd: Amanda Freitag presented by Mylan
- October 4th: Bryan Voltaggio
- October 9th: Jamie Deen
- October 11th: Carla Hall
- October 16th: Gale Gand
- October 18th: Cat Cora
- October 23rd: Allen Susser
- October 25th: John Ash presented by Verlasso
- October 30th: Robert Irvine
- November 1st: Erika Davis
- November 6th: Buddy Valastro
- November 8th: David Guas
- November 13th: Alex Guarnaschelli
- November 15th: Sarah Fioroni
Others premium events include the Mexican Tequila Lunch, Japanese Craft Beer Tasting and the new French Family Meal Traditions.
Guests must book reservations for the premium events, as many of them will fill up fast. Make sure to check out one of the many culinary demos, beverage seminars, and mixology seminars that will take place throughout the event!
Entertainment and Events are subject to change without notice. General admission to Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort can be purchased at Tickets2You.com as a discounted rate!