When most people think of Walt Disney World their minds race with thoughts of fairy tales and princesses, but there’s so much more to Disney magic than Cinderella and Prince Charming. It’s also full of exploration opportunities for adventurers and seafaring pirates. From makeovers to sea voyages and other cool adventures, there are so many ways to live the pirate life at Disney World beyond the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
Get a special appearance from Jake and the Neverland Pirates friends at the Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood Studios’ Hollywood & Vine restaurant. The character filled breakfast buffet includes favorites like Mickey waffles, made-to-order omelettes, pastries, fresh fruit and more delicious dishes to enjoy during the interactive dining experience.
Learn how to be a pirate form the legend himself at Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. Boys and girls who are dreaming of becoming sea-faring pirates can gather around and try to get chosen for training by Captain Jack. After four lucky boys and girls have accomplished their training in front of the audience, Captain Jack will lead the whole crew in a pirate’s proclamation.
Hunt for treasure at A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasure of the Seven Seas with the help of a magic talisman and 5 special maps. Start by getting your talisman at The Crow’s Nest, you won’t be able to read the maps without it! As you accomplish each mission, find a Cast Member to get a card for the completed task. Once you collect all 5, you’ll receive a special item signed by Captain Jack!
The Pirates League
Little pirate hopefuls can get the ultimate seafaring makeovers at The Pirate League, located in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. The Pirates League is not just for boys, little girls can also choose from empress and mermaid costumes to complete their new look. Guests ages 3 and older can choose from a variety of makeover packages ranging in detail and price.
- Skulls and Scurry package (starts at $18.95): The pirate starter package includes a Pirates League logo sash, a unique pirate coin necklace, and a scar facial effect.
- Uma package (starts at $19.95): For a limited time, guests can turn into Ursula’s daughter with the Descendants 2 inspired makeover that includes vibrant makeup, lipgloss and face gems, a pirate coin necklace and a Pirates League logo sash.
- Scurry Glam package (starts at $24.95): A fashionable pirate girl makeover that includes glam makeup, lip gloss, face gems, a pirate coin necklace, and Pirates League logo sash.
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates package (starts at $39.95): Includes facial effects that will make you look just like Jake, a Captain Jake hat, sword and sheath, Pirates League bag, and a pirate coin necklace. The deluxe version of this package also includes a Jake and the Neverland Pirates costume t-shirt (available in youth sizes only).
- First Mate package (starts at $44.95): First choose your facial make-up and hair styling: ghosted pirate, zombie, Captain Hook, Blackbeard, or Black Eyed Jack. Then, take home a sword and sheath, reversible bandana, earring and eye patch, Pirates League bag, a temporary pirate tattoo, a pirate coin necklace, a pirate’s key and an official pirate name and personalized pirate oath.
- Empress package (starts at $44.95): Young lady pirates who choose this makeover will get vibrant makeup and face gems, lip gloss, and nail polish along with the standard pirate accessories like a sword and sheath, reversible bandana, earring and eye patch, temporary tattoo, pirate coin necklace, and pirate’s key all in a Pirates League bag. The makeover is completed with an official Empress name and a personalized pirates oath.
- Mermaid package (starts at $44.95): Includes luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette, nail polish, a mermaid hairstyle and color changing hair clip, a special mermaid necklace and bracelet, and a mermaid sash. total cost is $44.95. Upgrade to the deluxe package and receive a mermaid costume (in youth sizes only) along with the makeover.
- Captain Hook Deluxe package (starts at $99.95): This deluxe makeover features a full Captain Hook makeover including costume, hair style, face paint, sword and sheath, earring and eye patch, toy hook, and reversible bandana along with a Pirate’s League bag, temporary pirate tattoo, coin necklace and pirate’s key.
Pirate Adventure Cruises are perfect for young buccaneers on the quest for treasure. Guests can climb aboard a ship and sail to exotic ports of call (also known as resort marinas) while listening to legends of pirates past and finding clues that may help to uncover hidden treasures. There are three different adventures available for kids ages 4-12 years old, ranging in price from $39 – $49 per child.
Disney’s Pirate Adventure departs from the marina at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and crosses Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon while guests are entertained by a reading of The Legend of Gasparilla, a real Florida pirate. The Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise departs from Caribbean Cay, a tropical island in the middle of Barefoot Bay (at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort). On the journey along the ports of the Caribbean waters, guests will hear the story of Old Port Royale and its pirate past. Departing from Bayside Marina at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort, the Albatross Treasure Cruise recounts The Legend of the Albatross. Then, search for pirate’s booty across Crescent Lake and Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon.
Each excursion runs from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM and ends back at the final Port o Call, where young pirates split the treasure and enjoy snacks like Goldfish crackers, pretzels, and juice boxes.
The Pirates & Pals Voyage starts at The Contemporary with party snacks like popcorn and ice cream and special drinks like Pirate Punch. Then, you and your pirate crew can board the ship and start your journey, complete with a send-off by Captain Hook and his sidekick Mr. Smee. As you sail along the Seven Seas Lagoon on a rogue pirate path, voyagers can show off their Disney knowledge during trivia and learn fun sea chanteys. Once it arrives in the perfect viewing spot, the ship will drop anchor for an enchanting view of Magic Kingdom’s Happily Ever After fireworks show, as well as an up-close view of the Electrical Water Pageant (weather permitting). As the captain readies to take the ship back to land, guests can listen to the stories of Captain Hook’s wild adventures. The pirate adventure costs $72 for adults and $43 for kids.