Disney World is known for bringing beloved stories and characters to life with a variety of immersive attractions and experiences, but there’s so much more to the magic than Cinderella and Prince Charming. It’s also full of exploration opportunities for adventurers and seafaring pirates. From makeovers to sea voyages and other cool adventures, there are so many ways to live the pirate life.
Pirate Rides at Magic Kingdom
There are two different attractions at Magic Kingdom that bring famous pirate stories to life. In Fantasyland, you can hop on Peter Pan’s Flight and travel from Neverland to Pirate’s Cove for an epic battle between Peter Pan and Captain Hook!
Over in Adventureland, you can experience what the “pirate’s life” is all about on the Pirates of the Caribbean dark ride. The voyage takes riders on a wild journey to the 17th century, when pirates ruled the seas. Davy Jones, Blackbeard, and Captain Jack Sparrow all make appearances during the ride.
A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas
A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas is an interactive treasure hunt in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. The free quest begins at The Crow’s Nest, where you will pick up a magic talisman that allows you to read your secret map.
There are five different missions that will require you to hunt for treasure and avoid getting captured. When you complete each mission, you get a special treasure finder card. After collecting all five, you will get an exclusive sixth card that has been signed by Captain Jack Sparrow himself!
Each mission takes around 20 minutes to complete, but there is no set time limit. You are free to stop and restart each treasure hunt at your convenience. You can begin a mission up to 30 minutes before Adventureland closes for the day.
The Pirates League
For the ultimate pirate experience, head to The Pirates League in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom. This attraction provides a full pirate (or mermaid) transformation with a makeover and initiation from Pirate Masters, complete with a new pirate name! The experience will take around 30 minutes to an hour, depending on which package you choose.
- Skulls and Scurry Package (starts at $18.95): The pirate starter package includes a Pirates League logo sash, a unique pirate coin necklace, and a scar facial effect.
- Scurry Glam Package (starts at $24.95): A fashionable pirate girl makeover that includes glam makeup, lip gloss, face gems, a pirate coin necklace, and Pirates League logo sash.
- First Mate Package (starts at $44.95): First choose your facial make-up and hairstyling: ghosted pirate, zombie, Captain Hook, Blackbeard, or Black Eyed Jack. Then, take home a sword and sheath, reversible bandana, earring and eye patch, Pirates League bag, a temporary pirate tattoo, a pirate coin necklace, a pirate’s key, and an official pirate name and personalized pirate oath.
- The Pirate Redd Package (starts at $44.95 plus tax): Pirate Redd makeovers include a braid hairstyle and Pirate Redd makeup, lip gloss, nail polish, and face gems in addition to all of the standard pirate accessories. It also comes with a new pirate name and personalized oath. The deluxe version of this package ($99.95 plus tax) also includes a Pirate Redd costume.
- Mermaid Package (starts at $44.95): Includes luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette, nail polish, a mermaid hairstyle and color-changing hair clip, a special mermaid necklace and bracelet, and a mermaid sash. Take that mermaid makeover to the next level with the deluxe package, which comes with a mermaid t-shirt and tutu along with the makeup, nail polish, hairstyle, hair clip, and jewelry.
- Captain Hook Deluxe Package (starts at $99.95): For the ultimate pirate makeover, go for the Captain Jack deluxe package. This transformation includes the Captain Jack costume (hat sold separately), facial effects, Pirates League sword and sheath, a reversible bandana, an earring and eye patch, a Pirates League bag, a temporary pirate tattoo, a unique coin necklace, and a pirate’s key. This makeover also includes an official pirate name and personalized oath.
Reservations at the Pirates League can be made up to 180 days in advance. Guests must be at least three years old to take part in the experience. It is recommended that you check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your reservation time with combed hair and clean, bare fingernails. A $10 cancellation fee will apply to reservations that are canceled within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.
Pirate Adventure Cruises
Young pirates can set sail on a treasure-seeking journey to the exotic ports of call at various resort marinas. Kids between four and 12 years old can choose from two different adventures. Throughout the trip, kids will look for clues that will lead to a plentiful treasure. At the final port of call, guests can enjoy snacks and drinks while splitting up the bounty. Adventure cruises take place daily from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM, weather permitting. Reservations for these exciting trips start at $39 per child.
Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise
On the Islands of the Caribbean cruise, guests will sail the ports of the Caribbean waters and hear the tale of Old Port Royale’s pirate-filled past. The adventure departs from Caribbean Cay, a tropical island found in the middle of Barefoot Bay.
Albatross Treasure Cruise
The Albatross Treasure Cruise departs from Bayside Marina at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. During the journey, kids will hear the “Legends of the Albatross” and search for treasure all across Crescent Lake and Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon.
Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage
The Pirates & Pals Voyage starts at The Contemporary with a huge spread of snacks like cookies, cupcakes, pretzels, chips, fruit, and ice cream bars. After the welcome reception, Captain Corn and Mr. Smee stop by to send off the pirate crew and it’s time to hit the high seas. The captain of this journey is a pirate named Patch. While sailing along the Seven Seas Lagoon on a rogue pirate path, voyagers can show off their Disney knowledge during trivia and learn fun sea chanteys.
Once it arrives in the perfect viewing spot, the ship will drop anchor for an enchanting view of Magic Kingdom’s Happily Ever After the fireworks show, as well as an up-close view of the Electrical Water Pageant (weather permitting). As the captain readies to take the ship back to land, guests can listen to the stories of Captain Hook’s wild adventures. This exciting experience costs $72 for adults and $43 for kids.
Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew
Kids who are between four and 12 years old can join Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. The special just for kids dining event, which costs $55 per person, is a fun evening of delicious food and fun pirate adventures.
When you first enter the hideaway, Captain Hook’s crew will give you your very own pirate name. Then you’ll learn skills that are crucial to life as a pirate such as talking like a pirate, swabbing the deck, and singing sea chanties.
During the lesson, Captain Hook will stop by to instruct pirates-in-training on starting the first treasure hunt. You will begin the adventure by solving puzzles and gathering clues on land before setting sail on Crescent Lake to complete the quest. After the journey, you’ll head back to Pirate Hideaway for a feast featuring:
- Cannon Meatballs with Marinara
- Macaroni and Gold Sauce
- Treasure Chest Treats and Fruit for dessert
Me Pirate Adventure
If you’re staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can surprise your family with an in-room celebration! The Me Pirate Adventure starts with a banner on the door that features the mark of a pirate and the word “BEWARE”.
Inside, you’ll find a note from Captain Jack Sparrow that explains your adventure. He has hidden some of Blackbeard’s treasure in the room, and you will need to solve a series of riddles to locate the treasure chest. If you can manage to find the treasure, it’s yours to keep!
The pirate celebration package costs $400 per room and includes:
- Pirate Door Banner
- Note and Clues from Captain Jack Sparrow
- Weathered Pirate Flag
- Skull and Crossbones Blanket (Can be personalized)
- Pirate Sword and Sash
- Pirate Duffle Bag (Can be personalized)
- Treasure Chest filled with Surprises: Captain Jack Sparrow Bearded Goatee, Pirates of the Caribbean Tattoos, Pirate’s Bandana, Eye Patch and Earring, Pirate Medallion Necklace, and Pirate Candy