On Saturday, May 19 guests of all ages are invited to run for a good cause at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay’s “Run for the Fund 5k” benefiting the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Conservation Fund. Beginning at 7:15 AM, the event’s schedule is as follows:
- 6:00 AM: The parking lot opens
- 7:15 AM: Wave One runners start. Wave Two participants immediately follow.
- 7:30 AM: All participants must have crossed the Start line and started the race.
- 8:30 AM: Awards are handed out. The race will not be sorted by age group, so awards will be presented to overall male/female adult finishers and overall male/female child finishers (9 years old or younger).
- 9:00 AM: Run for the Fund participants are free to explore The Moroccan Village
- 10:00 AM: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay opens to the public for regular park operations.
Race participants can run, walk or jog as long as a pace of 16 minutes per mile is maintained. For safety reasons, baby joggers, strollers and wheelchairs will not be permitted on the race path. Racers will be separated into two waves: Wave 1 for runners and Wave 2 for walkers. Your wave will be assigned at packet pick-up, based on your estimated finishing time. Spectators are welcome to stand at the Start/Finish line, but anyone on the race path must have paid the registration fee.
Race packets, which include a voucher for a $25 Busch Gardens ticket valid through September 3, a Dri-Fit unisex race shirt, a finisher’s medal and your race bib with a timing chip inside, must be picked up prior to the day of the event. You can pick your race packet up on Thursday, May 17 between 4:00 PM and 7:30 PM or on Friday, May 18 between 11:00 AM and 7:00 PM, location TBD. You are permitted to pick up a friend or family member’s packet as long as you bring along a copy of their registration. Race day pick up will not be available.
Hydration packs such as Camelbacks will be permitted, but backpacks or other bags will not. There will not be a bag check available, so plan on keeping personal items in your car.
After the race, there will be light refreshments at the finish line and participants will be able to roam The Moroccan Village’s restaurants and gift shops. If you’d like to use your park admission voucher or have other tickets you are welcome to enter the park at opening. Ticket windows and kiosks at the entrance will be open.
Registration is $35 per person until May 15 and $45 between May 16 – May 18. You must be registered by 5:00 PM on May 18 to participate. 100% of the proceeds go to Conservation Fund, which supports animal conservation worldwide as well as wildlife conservation, education and research at Busch Gardens. Sign up to run and get more information on the event here. Shop discount Busch Gardens tickets and so much more on tickets2you.com!