On Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You!) there’s no better place to be than Walt Disney World. There are tons of ways to embrace the Force at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Galaxy’s Edge and beyond!
Rise of the Resistance
This epic battle ride blurs the lines of fantasy and reality, putting guests right into the middle of a conflict between the First Order and the Resistance. Riders are be recruited to join Rey and Organa at a secret location but on the way, the vehicle is captured by a First Order star destroyer.
Millenium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Smugglers Run is a flight simulator ride that features three different secret mission scenarios to choose from:
- Mission #1: Hondo recruits you for a race on Corellia that he is SURE you won’t lose.
- Mission #2: Hondo sends you to the First Order Shipyard, potentially on a mission for the Resistance…
- Mission #3: You and your crew are on the quest to steal some cargo that is being guarded by a giant sleeping monster. While trying to complete the task, the monster wakes up.
Star Tours — The Adventure Continues
Star Tours is the longest-running Star Wars-themed attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The ride, located in Echo Lake, takes guests on a thrilling 3D flight through space in a Starspeeder 1000 led by C-3PO. During the journey, a series of mishaps and issues arise, including being intercepted by the Imperial First Order who is searching for a Rebel spy. In order to avoid being captured, the wild ride will take you to the farthest limits of the galaxy. The flight simulator features digital 3D video, audio-animatronics, special effects, music, and character appearances from Kylo Ren, Boba Fett, Poe Dameron, Princess Leia, Jedi Master Yoda, and more. There are a few different scenarios, so you’re in for a new experience every time you ride!
Star Wars Launch Bay
The Star Wars Launch Bay in Animation Courtyard is practically a museum filled with all things Star Wars. In addition to meeting and greeting with Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, and BB-8, you can view immersive exhibits of costumes, models, concept art and
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
This short film that tells the story of the fall and the eventual rise of the Jedi Order with the help of incredible movie highlights and hints of upcoming Star Wars stories. The movie experience, which can be found in the Echo Lake area of the park, explains how the Jedi Order protected and kept peace in the galaxy for thousands of years until the young Jedi Anakin Skywalker turned to the Dark Side and became Darth Vader. His twin children (Luke and Leia), who were born in hiding, grew up to join the Rebel Alliance, fought the evil Galactic Empire and eventually turn Darth Vader back from the Dark Side. Guests of any height or age can enjoy this experience!
Star Wars Photo Ops
There are several Magic Shots locations set up all around the park that allow you to step inside a scene or pose with a recognizable element from the Star Wars franchise for an awesome photo souvenir. In front of Star Tours, there is a huge AT-AT Walker towering over and Ewok Village and a Speeder Bike between giant trees in the Forests of Endor in that area as well. Inside Star Wars Launch Bay, there is a recreation of the famous Mos Eisley Cantina that provides several unique photo opportunities. You can pose like an alien scoundrel (the typical cantina clientele), play holographic chess, hang by the bar with a glass of Blue Milk, or sit at a
Thanks to Galaxy’s Edge, there is a whole slew of Star Wars-inspired dining options on Planet Batuu, including:
- Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo – Docking Bay 7 is the primary dining location in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. The quick service restaurant is a “traveling diner for traveling diners” run by Chef Cookie Tuggs, serving exotic breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes. Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo has a wide range of allergy-friendly options as well.
- Oga’s Cantina – A watering hole for guests of all ages, serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic specialty beverages
- Ronto Roasters – A unique meat stall with a mechanical spit that is operated by a pitmaster droid. The quick service spot serves hearty wraps, delicious drinks, and more.
- Milk Stand – Home to Batuu’s famous milk drink. You can choose from a few different variations of the sweet beverage.
- Kat Saka’s Kettle – At Kat Saka’s Kettle you’ll find a delicious sweet and savory popcorn mix that makes for the perfect treat. The colorful snack shop is run by a grain merchant named Kat Saka and displays grains from all over the galaxy.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party
Outside of Galaxy’s Edge, you can pregame the evening spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with Star Wars themed desserts and drinks during the Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, starting in Star Wars Launch Bay with an all-you-can-eat buffet with offerings like:
- Blue Milk Panna Cotta with Crispy Pearls
- Warm Bread Pudding
- Freeze Fried Chocolate
- Raspberry Mousse Domes
- Cheeses and Charcuterie
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Black Bean Dip with Sriracha Sauce and Smoked Sea Salted Flatbread
- Lightspeed Margarita: Tequila, Blood Orange, Sour Mix, and Lime Juice
- Beer & Wine
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
During the dessert party, be on the lookout for some surprise appearances from Storm Troopers, Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, and other Star Wars characters! After dining, partygoers will be escorted to a special reserved viewing area for Disney Movie Magic and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. Access to this experience costs $79 per adult and $45 per child (ages 3 – 9). Regular park admission is required but not included.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is loaded with special Star Wars entertainment, with several different shows and experiences that take place throughout the day.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
Jedi Training in Echo Lake at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is an interactive live show where kids between 4 and 12 years old can volunteer as recruits to learn the skill of The Force from master Jedi knights. During the 20 minute experience, young recruits will learn how to properly handle a lightsaber and use The Force. Although the training takes place in secret at the ancient Jedi temples, the Dark Side still manages to find the young Jedis-in-training and the Star Wars villains burst through the temple doors. Recruits are required to use their new skills to face off with the Dark Side characters.
Registration begins when the park opens for the day at the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost located between the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and the 50s Prime Time Cafe. Availability is first
Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Several times throughout each day, favorite Star Wars characters like Rey, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca
March of the First Order
The First Order, led by their villainous leader Darth Vader, storms down Hollywood Boulevard several times throughout the day in a fearsome display of power and obedience to the Dark Side.
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
End your day at Hollywood Studios with a 14-minute evening spectacular at the Chinese Theater. The state-of-the-art projection show brings the Star Wars films to life with several infamous scenes flashing across the theater, featuring an all-new action scene from Solo: A Star Wars Story. Other elements of the incredible
In Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, there are several shops and markets scattered across Black Spire Outpost:
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities – A den filled with crates, boxes, and shelves of thoughtfully curated unique artifacts.
- Savi’s Workshop – At Savi’s Workshop, you can create your own personalized lightsaber to carry with you during your travels on Planet Batuu.
- Droid Depot – At the Droid Depot you can create and customize your very own droid.
- Black Spire Outfitters – The go-to apparel and accessories shop in Black Spire Outpost. This is where you should for clothes that will help you blend in with the locals.
- Creature Stall – At the Creature Stall, you will find cages and crates filled with rare species from all across the galaxy.
- Toydarian Toymaker – The eccentric workshop sells collectibles and handcrafted toys created by Zabaka the Toydarian
- First Order Cargo – Stop by the shop to support the First Order or shop for gear and other products.
- Resistance Supply – A makeshift shop/secret post in the forest near the ancient ruins.
Tatooine Traders, located near Echo Lake at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is a one stop shop for rare Star Wars memorabilia like action figures, gadgets, LEGO kits, apparel, books and more. You can also take home a personalized souvenir by building your own droid or lightsaber.
Launch Bay Cargo
For more Star Wars shopping at Hollywood Studios, check out Launch Bay Cargo. This shop specializes in all things Star Wars offering everything from life sized sculptures and movie prop replicas to autographed memorabilia and print-your-own phone cases with personalized Star Wars art.
Star Wars Galactic Outpost
On the West Side of Disney Springs, you’ll find the Star Wars Galactic Outpost. This store is filled with merchandise inspired by the iconic film series. Take home everything from apparel and accessories, art, collectibles, toys and more!
Special Events & Tours
Star Wars Guided Tour
The Star Wars Guided Tour offers exclusive VIP access to all things Star Wars at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The guided tour experience covers all of the park’s Star Wars activities, including:
- A movie screening of Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Reserved seats for two live stage shows (Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order
- Participation in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple (For tour guests who are between 4 and 12 years old)
- Skip the line at Star Tours — The Adventure Continues
- Lunch at Backlot Express
- A character meet and greet with Kylo Ren and Chewbacca
- A tour of Star Wars Launch Bay
- Reserved viewing of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
The cost of this experience is $99 per person (including tax) and separate park admission is still required. You can make reservations by calling (407) 939 – 7529.