Summertime may be the most popular time to visit Universal Studios in Orlando, but coping with that blazing Florida sun can turn a family’s dream vacation into a nightmare. It’s important to drink plenty of water while you walk around, but there are other ways to stay refreshed throughout the day. Universal parks offer plenty of great spots to escape the sun. Here are some of our favorites:
- Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone: An easy way to cool off in the summer is to switch the family into swimsuits and head over to Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone. Check out Curious George Goes to Town to play with water cannons and take refuge under one of the 500 gallon water buckets – then wait for them to dump out a refreshing wall of water. At Fievel’s Playland, kids will have plenty of areas to play, including a 200ft water slide, with shady spots for parents to rest.
- Indoor Rides: The fastest way to escape the Florida heat is to duck inside one of Universal’s many indoor rides and attractions. E.T. Adventure is an easygoing, popular ride with many visitors and air-conditioned from the beginning of the line to the end. Another popular indoor attraction is the Men in Black: Alien Attack interactive ride. Kids and parents will have fun shooting at aliens to rack up points while enjoying the cool AC.
- Ice Cream: Arguably the best way to beat the summer heat is with one of these sweet treats. You’ll find Dippin’ Dots stands throughout the parks, but one of our favorite spots for ice cream is at Schwab’s Pharmacy. Stop by this old-fashioned ice cream shop and taste one of their ice cream floats or a banana split. At the newly opened Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour in the Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley area, you can enjoy scoops of interesting, unique flavors like strawberry and peanut butter.
- Citywalk: Citywalk, located at the entrance of Universal Studios, is an outdoor venue with shops, restaurants and entertainment. Here you’ll find a couple of splash pad zones that kids will love running through while parents can rest on nearby benches. You can also find Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt and Cold Stone Creamery here or, for the 21+ crowd, grab some frozen beverages over at the Fat Tuesday counter to cool off. And if you need a caffeine boost, order an iced coffee drink from the Starbucks.
- Shows: Universal Studios offers many fantastic and entertaining shows. Any of these shows offer a chance to rest your feet while cooling off indoors. Shrek 4D in Production Central is a fun, family-friendly flick that offers a brief reprieve from the summer heat. In addition to the sweet relief of air-conditioning, sprays of water mist over the audience at certain times during the show. Over in Hollywood, Terminator 2D: 3-D is a popular stunt show, featuring live action stunts and special effects that is exciting for both parents and kids.
With all the potential stresses of planning a family vacation, it’s easy to lose your cool in the intense summer heat. But if you plan ahead and make time for rest, you’ll be able to avoid a meltdown on your fun day out at Universal Studios. For moreTickets2You.com for the best prices on attraction tickets – guaranteed.