So your sunny Universal Orlando Florida vacation has run into some stormy weather? No worries! You can still make the most of your rainy day with plenty of indoor attractions at both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.
Our first suggestion is that if you have the option to choose, go to Universal Orlando over Islands of Adventure on a rainy day. It has more indoor options for you to escape the rain.
- Men in Black: Put on your black shades and join official MIB training to zap aliens and protect the Earth in this fun, interactive attraction.
- The Simpson’s Ride: Ride along with everyone’s favorite TV family as they visit Krustyland. But watch out! Sideshow Bob is back and looking for revenge.
- Revenge of the Mummy: The curse is real! Your only hope is to escape the Mummy on an indoor roller coaster that plunges you into total darkness.
- Universal Orlando’s Horror Makeup Show: Take a close-up look at what goes into – and oozes out of – some of Hollywood’s strangest creatures.
Islands of Adventure
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®: This high-definition, 3-D ride has a covered queue area if the lines get long, with the ride itself being entirely indoors. Once you’re done, you’ll be corralled into the Spider-Man® shop where you can hang out until the rain stops!
- Jurassic Park Discovery Center: This interactive activity center combines entertainment with education in a variety of informative exhibits and displays geared to children and adults.
- Poseidon’s Fury: Venture through the darkened ruins of the ancient Temple of Poseidon led by an archaeologist in this special effects spectacular!
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: Explore the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as you join Harry Potter and his friends on an unforgettably thrilling adventure, coming face-to-face with magical creatures!
- Three Broomsticks Restaurant: This rustic tavern is where visitors to Hogsmeade™ come to dine on hearty fare. Try some fish n’ chips or shepherd’s pie, or order a cup of delicious, sweet Butterbeer!
- If you are at Islands of Adventure on a rainy day and don’t mind getting wet, check out the water rides – Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges, Jurassic Park River Adventure, and Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls.
Universal Orlando, rain or shine, offers tons of entertainment and fun for families. Check other posts on our blog to learn how to get the most out of your Orlando vacation. Don’t forget to visit tickets2you.com to get the best prices on discounted attraction tickets!