It doesn’t matter where you are, when you’ve got a craving for something sweet you simply have to indulge it as soon as you can. Luckily, Universal Orlando is a pretty great place to be when the unbeatable urge hits you. Scattered all throughout Citywalk, Universal Studios, and Islands of Adventure are several spots serving decadent desserts that you won’t be able to resist. Here are the 8 must-stop snack spots for sugar enthusiasts to try.
- The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is a 19th-century inspired full service restaurant, bar and confectionery inside Universal CityWalk. The establishment offers classic savory meals and specialty drinks but the real stars on the menu are the one-of-a-kind desserts made with gourmet chocolates, of course. In addition to indulgent treats like chocolate bread pudding and classic french chocolate mousse, there is an unbelievable selection of artisanal milkshakes and ice cream sundaes available. Milkshake offerings range from somewhat traditional flavors to crazy concoctions such as bacon brittle or cinnamon fantasy. The Emporium’s ice cream sundaes are available in several decadent options like banana cream pie, salted caramel flan, or cream puff and eclair.
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour is a unique ice cream shop found in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Guests can order either hard scoop or soft serve ice creams in a variety or unconventional flavors like chocolate chili, earl grey and lavender, or the beloved Butter Beer. Traditional flavors such as chocolate and vanilla are available as well. Much like the interesting selection of ice cream flavors, there’s a variety of unusual toppings to choose from, including shortbread crumbles and meringue pieces. Your choice of ice cream can be served in cups, waffle cones, and plastic souvenir glasses.
- Hogs Head Pub in Hogsmeade Village at Islands of Adventure is not technically a dessert spot, but the dark pub makes the list because it offers the Wizarding World’s most treasured treat: Butter Beer. Whether you enjoy it hot, cold, or frozen, Butter Beer is one of a few non-alcoholic beverages on the bar’s menu. Other drinks appropriate for young wizards include Pumpkin Juice, Tongue Tying Lemon Squash, and Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice, all of which can be found at Hogs Head in addition to the standard beers, wines, and specialty cocktails.
- Hogsmeade Village is clearly the best area to find a variety of indulgences that will satisfy your sweet tooth, and Honeydukes is no exception. Found in the Islands of Adventure part of the Wizarding World, the infamous sweets shop is home to all the candies beloved by Hogwarts students in the Harry Potter films. Chocolate Frogs, which come with famous wizard trading cards, fizzing whizzbees, and exploding bonbons are just a few of the outrageous treats available in the shop. You can also test your luck by filling up a bag full of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans.
- Lard Lad Donuts is Springfield’s parody of Bob’s Big Boy restaurant chain. The donut shop offers Homer Simpson’s signature snack in a variety of ways, from the standard cake donut (or d’oh-nut) with pink frosting and sprinkles to the d’oh sundae, which is ice cream served on a frosted donut with a variety of toppings. You can also order Conans, Waffle Conans or Brain Freezin’ sundaes with chocolate or vanilla soft serve ice cream. Major donut enthusiasts can purchase a supersized version of the signature pink d’oh-nut; the 11 ounce Big Pink.
- Hop on Pop Ice Cream Shop can be found in Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure. The whimsical ice cream counter offers a variety of frozen treats to try, from Dippin’ Dots ice cream to root beer floats and frozen bananas. Flavors available are cookies & cream, chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. The supreme dessert at this spot is the Sundae on a Stick, which is vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate and sprinkles.
- If you’re looking for a familiar sweet spot, several Cinnabon counters can be found at CityWalk and inside both Universal and Islands of Adventure. The famous bakery offers the same classic cinnamon rolls, caramel pecanbon rolls, and other sweet snacks that fans of the establishment take comfort in.
- Ben and Jerry’s is another familiar snack you can purchase throughout both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. You can get your favorite flavors like Chunky Monkey Cherry Garcia, Phish Food, and countless others along with specialty smoothies like Razzo Mango and Sundaes like the Mini Vermonster. The endless selection of ice creams, milkshakes, and smoothies can be found at Cathy’s Ice Cream Toon Lagoon, Schwab’s Pharmacy, and other Ben & Jerry’s shops.