Summer time is usually a pretty exciting time for everyone, but it’s almost a guarantee that no one counts down the final days til vacation quite like teachers do. After 180 days full of grading countless papers, answering the same questions all day long, and dealing with the other less-than-enjoyable aspects of the job, most teachers are ready to bolt out the door on the last day and don’t look back until fall rolls around again. In order to thank and congratulate them for surviving another school year, many Central Florida attractions are offering speacial deals and discounts that are only available to Florida educators.
- SeaWorld Orlando offers unlimited free entry with the Florida Teacher Card. This card is available to all active and certified K-12 Florida teachers who register for the eVoucher online. Private school teachers can also take advantage of this offer by bringing a recent pay stub and letter from the school’s principal to the park’s gate entrance.
- Educators certified by the Florida Department of Education can receive a free one-year pass to LEGOLAND. This pass guaranteees free entrance to LEGOLAND and its water park, as well as the Coca Cola Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds Orlando, and SeaLife Aquarium Orlando. You’ll need to show your valid Florida ID, recent pay stub, and FDoE certificate upon entry to qualify for the Florida Teacher Pass. Private school teachers will need their valid Florida ID, recent pay stub, and a letter from the prinicpal on the school’s official letterhead.
- The Kennedy Space Center provides active teachers certified in Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands with a free Educational Study Pass, which allows them to experience the Control Center Tour and Astronaut Encounter for free. The pass can be helpful for learning about new programs, finding new information to integrate with STEM curriculum, and much more. Just bring your active teaching certificate, school ID badge, and a letter from principal on school letterhead that lists the name(s) of the teachers attending to present at the ticket window upon entry.
- Teachers can also get year-round free entry to Orlando’s Crayola Experience with a valid school ID or a recent pay stub and driver’s license.
- Educators from all over the U.S. and Canada can score discounts on their reservations to select Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels from now until September 30, 2017. The eligible employees are actively working in preschools, daycares, or kindergarten – college teachers and school support staff. All reservations include complimentary shuttles to and from Disney World Parks and Disney Springs. You must have your school ID and other proof of employment at the time of check-in.
- Wyndham Garden Resort: Starts at $72/night
- Best Western: Starts at $72/night
- B Resort & Spa: Starts at $79/night
- Holiday Inn Orlando: Starts at $95/night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: Starts at $98/night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace: Starts at $125/night
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton: Starts at $135/night
For other special offers and discounts on Orlando’s attractions, check out tickets2you.com!