Walt Disney World is the most magical place on earth, and when you take a trip there with your family, nothing completes the magic like meeting the mouse that started it all. Disney characters can be spotted at various spots around the parks, but there is something truly special about meeting Mickey himself. While you’re planning your next trip to Disney, keep in mind that there are several places to meet Mickey and his friends. From character dining experiences to meet and greet photo opportunities, here is a list of the best places in Disney to meet everyone’s favorite mouse.
- The Garden Grill, located at the Land Pavilion, is a farm-fresh restaurant that slowly rotates to give guests views of scenes from Living with the Land. Chip and Dale are regular visitors to The Garden Grill, but this is also a great opportunity to meet Mickey, and some of his other friends, while they are wearing their farm clothing! You’ll get to take pictures and meet the characters while they mingle with guests dining in the restaurant. Reservations for The Garden Grill are recommended.
- If you’re a Disney Visa Card Member, you have the exclusive opportunity to meet Mickey at Innovations West. Enjoy a private photo session, autographs and a complimentary 5×7 photo (extra prints and various sizes are also available for purchase). Another character may be at this location, but Mickey is the most frequent visitor. Present your Disney Visa to a cast member for access to this private meet and greet.
- The Character Spot located at Innovations is also a great place to meet Mickey Mouse. Guests will have a chance to meet three characters at once, and one of them is Mickey! Other Disney friends stop by and visit throughout the day including Chip and Dale, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. This is a Fastpass+ experience, so plan ahead and skip the line!
- With the closing of the Magic of Disney Animation, Mickey’s new character meeting spot will move across from the Studio Catering Company, the quick-service restaurant near the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure playground.
- The Tusker House restaurant is located in Africa at Animal Kingdom. Mickey Mouse can often be seen stopping by here to say hello to guests that are dining in the restaurant. This festive marketplace dining experience also features friends like Donald Duck in his safari gear posing for pictures and giving hugs.
- Adventurers Outpost located at Discovery Island is the perfect place to meet Mickey and his darling companion, Minnie. See the couple dressed in their exploration gear and look at all of their souvenirs and postcards from their explorations around the globe! Adventurers Outpost is a Fastpass+ experience and the perfect opportunity to meet both Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- The Town Square Theater near Tony’s Town Square Restaurant is your chance to go back stage with Mickey and meet him in his dressing room. At the Town Square Theater, Mickey actually talks to guests! Take pictures, get his autograph and experience a magical memory of laughing and talking with Mickey Mouse. This is a Fastpass+ experience, so make your reservation up to 30 days in advance for this unique meet and greet opportunity.
- Chef Mickey’s at Disney Contemporary Resort is a character dining experience with Mickey and some of his friends! Enjoy an all-you-care-to-eat dining experience while characters walk around the restaurant and mingle with guests. Get photos and autographs, and sing and dance along with Mickey and his friends when they burst into song and dance. Reservations for Chef Mickey’s is highly recommended, and can be made up to 180 days prior to visiting. Disney friends that you are likely to meet at Chef Mickey’s include Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck and Goofy.
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is an all-you-care-to-eat BBQ feast in a covered, open-air pavilion. Dine on ribs, smoked chicken and hamburgers and hot dogs while Mickey and his pals say hello to guests. A live country band plays tunes that will have you on your feet! Line dance with the characters on the dance floor and be sure to take a lot of pictures! Mickey’s Backyard BBQ features Disney friends like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip and Dale, and Goofy. Reservations are highly recommended and can be made 180 days in advance.
While Mickey sightings can vary at each location, these are the best places to get a chance to spend some quality time with our favorite Disney friend. For more advice on making the most of your Disney experience, check out our tips for using Disney Fastpass+ and be sure to visit Tickets2You.com to purchase your tickets online for the guaranteed best prices on attraction tickets!