This summer, you don’t have to visit a water park to get soaked on a water ride – Orlando’s famous theme parks feature some of the best water rides in the world. During the heat of the summer, nothing is more refreshing then getting soaked on a ride at a theme park. If you find yourself at Walt Disney World Resorts, Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando in need of a water break – we have narrowed down the best water rides in Orlando. But beware – these are the biggest and the wettest water slides in Orlando, no one will be left dry…
- Splash Mountain at Disney’s Magic Kingdom is a log flume water ride that follows Br’er Rabbit on a journey through whimsical scenes from Disney’s classic film, Song of the South. As you float along the happy landscape of Chick-A-Pin hill, you’ll hear classic songs like “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” and meet all of the happy critters that live there. Your log climbs higher up Splash Mountain before eventually plunging down a 5-story waterfall. Be on the lookout for Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear – who are chasing Br’er Rabbit. This water ride features almost a million gallons of water, three drops and a 5-story plunge into the briar patch below – everyone on this ride will get wet, and possibly soaked!
- Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls is a thrilling water ride at Universal’s Islands of Adventure that will have you laughing from beginning to end. Climb aboard your flume and follow Dudley Do-Right into a Saw Mill where the sweet Nell Fenwick is being held captive by the villainous Snidley Whiplash. Will Dudley Do-Right rescue Nell and be a hero? You’ll have to wait until you get to the bottom of the 75-foot drop on Ripsaw Falls to find out! This hilarious, fan favorite ride will leave you drenched on a hot, summer day.
- Jurassic Park River Adventure at Universal’s Islands of Adventure takes you on a leisurely ride through the world of Jurassic Park. Glide down a river on a raft and see dinosaurs in their natural habitat and enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds of their prehistoric world – until the ride takes a turn for the worst. You’re pushed off course and into the Raptor Containment Area and barely escape the jaws of a T-rex before plunging down an 85-foot drop… in the dark!
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a circular whitewater raft ride in the heart of Asia. Float down the Chakanadi River and weave through squirting geysers, rushing waterfalls and whitewater rapids before encountering illegal logging. You’ll be splashed from all directions while witnessing the devastation that illegal logging does to the environment. This 12 person raft ride spins and twists in the current of the water leaving no seat dry!
- Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando takes you on a mythical journey to the lost city. Ride along in this roller coaster/flume ride and explore the dark passageways and hidden rooms of the sunken city of Atlantis. Emerge from the city gates and plunge down a towering drop into the waters below. Journey to Atlantis is a classic flume ride that will make you laugh and cool you off!
For more theme park tips, and to purchase your tickets to Orlando Area Attractions, visit Tickets2You.com for the best prices on theme park tickets – guaranteed!