Walt Disney World recently unveiled Minnie Vans, a new mode of resort transportation powered by Lyft. Guests who are traveling with large groups or who simply prefer a little more privacy can arrange for a private vehicle, driven by trained Disney Cast Members, to pick them up and take them anywhere on the resort property for a flat rate of $25 per trip, regardless of trip length or time of day. Available from 6:30 AM to 12:30 AM daily, the fleet of Chevy Traverses are decked out in polka dots and can accomodate up to six passengers per trip. Each van also comes equipped with two carseats that can be converted to forward facing, rear facing, or booster seats for children ages 6 and under. The vans are all wheelchair accessible as well.
Accessing this exclusive service is fairly simple, and can be completed via the Lyft app on your smartphone. First, download the Lyft app from your phone’s app store if you do not already use the rideshare program. Then, activate the Minnie Vans service by either activating the pop-up notificiation in the My Disney Experience app or by visiting a Cast Member at your resort’s concierge desk. To request a van, input your pick-up spot, your destination, and then select the Minnie Van option (other options include Lyft and Lyft Plus). Then, select a numbered van from the map and wait for your ride to arrive. Payment is also done through the Lyft app via debit or credit card.
Currently, guests staying at the following resort hotels can use the Minnie Vans car service:
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort (both French Quarter & Riverside)
Pick Up / Drop Off Destinations
The Minnie Vans service can be used to get just about anywhere on Disney World property, from resorts to parks and Disney Springs. However, if you want to go somewhere outside of the resort property, you’ll have to look into alternate forms of transportation. Current stops include:
- Epcot: Pick up and drop off is near bus loading stations at the front of the park.
- Magic Kingdom: By taking a Minnie Van to Magic Kingdom, guests can skip going to the Ticket & Transportation and just head straight to the resort bus drop off area.
- Animal Kingdom: Load and unload at the front of the park where the parking lot trams board
- Hollywood Studios: Passengers board their Minnie Vans near the front parking lots, where the buses that travel offsite and to Disney Springs load.
- Blizzard Beach: Pick up and drop off is located near the park’s entrance
- Typhoon Lagoon: Pick up and drop off is located near the park’s entrance
- Disney Resort Hotels (listed above): Minnie Vans can drop passengers off outside of their hotel’s lobby, or outside of the building that their room is in (for hotels with multiple buildings).
- Disney Springs: Disney Springs has two pick up & drop off locations; one on the far west end past the movie theater and the other on the east end at the taxi station by World of Disney.
- Hoop Dee Doo Revue
- Trails End
It was recently announced that Disney World would start to extend the Minnie Vans service to Orlando International Airports from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM daily. Trips to and from the airport are $150 per van. Guests using the airport service are advised to use the resort airline check-in service for participating airlines. Because this is a newer addition to the program, Minnie Vans currently only make airport pick-ups/drop-offs for the following locations:
- Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
- Disney’s Beach & Yacht Club Resorts
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort