Between the massive crowds, the brutal Florida heat, and an insane amount of attractions to encounter, spending a day at Universal can be pretty overwhelming. It’s hard enough exploring one whole park in a day, so attempting to take on Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in the same day takes some serious planning. It can be tempting to jump in line for the first ride you see, in fear of missing out on things, but for a daredevil looking to satisfy their adrenaline craving, spending an hour in line for a 4D show can feel like a waste of time. If you’re looking to maximize the intensity of your experience, here’s a list of rides that should be at the top of your agenda.
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is a one-of-a-kind ride with three maneuvers you won’t find on any other roller coaster: The Double Take, The Treble Clef, and The Jump Cut. The full track is 3,800 ft long and hits top speeds of 65 miles per hour. The tallest drop featured on the 1:37 ride is from the coaster’s peak at 167 feet. The unique attraction allows passengers to choose their own ride soundtrack from a playlist that spans several different genres including rock, country, hip hop, and more.
- Revenge of The Mummy is a 2,200 foot long indoor coaster that goes from 0-45 mph in a matter of seconds. During the 1:45 attraction riders experiences 80 degree turns and 50 degree descent angles as they move through the six-story building. You must be 48 inches or taller to get on the movie inspired attraction.
- Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts is Universal’s newest thrill ride. The indoor rollercoaster-3D motion hybrid ride takes five minutes to complete the 2,000 foot long track through the vaults of Gringotts bank. During the journey, riders come face to face with several villains from the Harry Potter world, including The Dark Lord himself. Riders have to be 42 inches or taller.
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure is 3,700 feet long and reaches top speeds of 65 mph. After launching into action from 0-40 mph in 2.5 seconds, the roller coaster takes riders through seven inversions with drops from as high as 115 ft. You must be at least 54 inches tall to ride.
- Dragon Challenge, formerly known as Dueling Dragons, is made up of two 125 ft tall coasters that are both 3,200 ft long. Both tracks are very similar in thrill level; they each have five inversions and last for 2:25. If you’re looking for a slightly more thrilling journey, choose the Chinese Fireball (red) track; it has a 115 ft drop and top speeds of 60 mph while the Hungarian Horntail (blue) track’s drop is only 95 ft and top speeds are 55 mph. Must be 54 in to ride.
- Dr. Doom’s Fear Fall in Islands of Adventure’s Superhero Island is a free fall attraction that drops riders from 185 feet in the air to ground level at 40 miles per hour. The minimum height requirement for this ride is 52 inches.
Many of these attractions tend to have the longest wait times, so planning to ride them early in the day is a good idea. Wait times are updated throughout the day on signs scattered around the parks and on the MyUniversal App. You can also beat the crowds by riding as a single rider when available or purchasing an Express Pass. Find discount Universal & Islands of Adventure tickets other great deals on blog.tickets2you.com!