When you’re visiting Disney with small children it’s essential that you don’t miss a meal. Disney parks feature a restaurant around every corner so when hunger strikes – you’re never far away from a snack. While almost all of the restaurants on Disney property are child-friendly, there are some restaurants that are standout spots to dine with small children or picky eaters. Most Disney restaurants have a children’s menu, but if not, they can always accommodate children; spaghetti or peanut butter & jelly sandwiches are often available if you ask!
Here is a list of our top restaurants for families to dine at while visiting Walt Disney World Resorts:
- The Crystal Palace – Inspired by Victorian greenhouses, the The Crystal Palace is a beautiful all-you-care-to-eat restaurant gleaming with sunlight and tropical plants. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served at The Crystal Palace and Winnie the Pooh and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood stop by to meet guests during each meal. Reservations are recommended here, but you can make them up to 180 days in advance. Some meal plans are accepted, and with a child-friendly menu and a character meet and greet, The Crystal Palace is a great spot to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- The Plaza Restaurant – One of Magic Kingdom’s best keep secrets, The Plaza Restaurant is one of the smallest and most charming dining locations at Disney. The Plaza Restaurant features casual dining in an elegant dining parlor. Enjoy deli sandwiches, burgers and salads, and a children’s menu that serves everything from grilled cheese sandwiches to chicken strips. After your meal, split a milk shake, malt or hot fudge sundae with your little ones! The Plaza Restaurant accepts some dining plans; reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – Cinderella’s Royal Table is an unforgettable dining experience inside Cinderella’s Castle. You’ll be greeted by Cinderella herself as you enter the banquet hall! Cinderella’s Royal Table is a fine dining restaurant serving American Cuisine, and it is a magical place for families to enjoy together. Marvel at the regal archways and stain glass windows in the castle while meeting other Disney princesses that grace the castle’s banquet hall. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Cinderella’s Royal Table offers a children’s menu suitable for picky eaters, and fun desserts like peanut butter s’mores for after dinner. Young guests are encouraged to wear their tiaras and princess gowns for the occasion. Reservations are highly recommended for dining at Cinderella’s Royal Table and can be made 180 days in advance. Some dining plans are accepted.
- Coral Reef Restaurant – Located in Future World in Epcot, the Coral Reef Restaurant is a unique dining experience that brings you face-to-face with thousands of friendly sea creatures! With panoramic views, every table will get to enjoy the sharks, turtles and fish that call The Seas home. You may even see a scuba diver swim by! Children are mesmerized by the magic of underwater life and the whole family will enjoy a delicious seasonal menu. Reservations for the Coral Reef Restaurant are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Some dining plans are accepted.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall – Located in Norway in the World Showcase in Epcot, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is a buffet-style casual dining experience. Step inside this magestic castle with medieval flats, cathedral ceilings and some of your favorite storybook princesses! Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel and Princess Aurora are some of the princesses you’re likely to meet. With children’s selections and a variety of Norwegian food and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is a happy medium for everyone in the family.
- Beirgarden Restaurant – Located in Germany in the World Showcase at Epcot, Berigarden features authentic German cuisine, live entertainment and Octoberfest all year long! Children will love going down to the dance floor to dance along with a live band, and the whole family will enjoy this unique dining experience and authentic menu. Open for lunch and dinner, Biergarden accepts most dining plans.
- ABC Commissary – This quick service, casual restaurant offers International favorites. Enjoy Asian cuisine, fish and chips, and traditional favorites like burgers and salads! Movie posters line the walls and movie trailers play on TVs around the restaurant. ABC Commissary is the perfect place to grab a quick bite while little ones can watch the screens showing some of the most popular and loved movies of all time. Some dining plans are accepted.
- 50s Prime Time Café – Themed like Mom’s kitchen, step back in time and dine on traditional American comfort food favorites! The 50’s Prime Time Café features family-style dining in a vintage atmosphere. If you’re seated at a TV table, you’ll enjoy dinner and a show while you watch black-and-white clips from popular shows during the 50s. Waiters and Waitresses are brother and sister, and they are happy to serve you while Mom cooks in the kitchen – just mind your manners and wash your hands! Reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Some dining plans are accepted.
- Pizza Planet – The best pizza at Hollywood Studios, Pizza Planet is straight out of Toy Story! Enjoy fun arcades, personal pizzas and hot subs. Pizza Planet is a great place to kids to step into one of their favorite movies. This quick service and casual eatery accepts some dining plans.
- Tusker House – Located in Animal Kingdom, Tusker House features a family-friendly buffet with the flavors of Africa. Here, you’ll meet Donald Duck in his safari gear and some of his friends! Enjoy a delicious meal and meet some of your favorite Disney friends! Some dining plans are accepted, and reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance.
- Restaurantosaurus – This quick, casual catery located in DinoLand U.S.A. is set in a dinosaur-themed dorm room! Enjoy burgers, hot dogs and chicken nuggets and learn a little about our prehistoric friends. Some dining plans are accepted.
- Rainforest Cafe – Located just outside the entrance to Animal Kingdom, Rainforest Cafe is a great way to end your day at the park. Once you’re inside, you’ve entered a tropical rainforest full of moving Audio-Anamatronics like elephants, birds and gorillas! The lush rainforest is beautiful, and large aquariums can be found all over the restaurant for you to admire tropical fish while you dine. Every 20 minutes a storm rolls in and it starts to thunder, lightening and rain! The American-style menu offers something for everyone. Reservations are recommended and some dining plans are accepted.
For more tips on making the most of your Disney Vacation and to purchase the best prices on Orlando theme park tickets, visit Tickets2You.com!