On June 30, guests of Disney’s Hollywood Studios finally get to explore Andy’s Backyard in the long awaited Toy Story Land! Feeling shrunk down to the size of a toy, parkgoers will find themselves surrounded by Tinker Toy lamp posts, large scale replicas of Jessie, Rex and other nostalgic toys such as Cooties, crayons and Rubik’s Cubes.
The primary attraction in Toy Story Land is the Slinky Dog Roller Coaster, a family friendly ride that takes riders all around and above the new land. Guests of all ages* can hop into a Slinky Dog car and fly across the track built by Andy with hand-drawn plans. An audio animatronic Wheezy the Penguin makes an appearance at the end of the ride, singing “You’ve Got A Friend in Me” accompanied by Mike the Tape Recorder and Mr. Spell.
*38″ height requirement
The area’s other new attraction, Alien Swirling Saucers, was designed to look like a play set Andy won from Pizza Planet complete with the infamous “claw” hanging from the top. Once aboard, riders will spin around to the beat of flashing lights, galactic sound effects, and an electronic version of the movie’s soundtrack while trying to escape the reach of The Claw. The ride itself is very similar to Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land at Disney’s California Adventure, but the Toy Story edition is totally outer space themed, with a few pizza details tossed in. Riders must be at least 32″.
Although Toy Story Mania has been open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for several years, the beloved attraction did undergo a few changes in preparation for the new land. The entrance of the ride has been relocated to what was formerly the back of the building. A third track was also added, allowing for more riders to board at a time.
All three of these attractions are Tier One rides, meaning that you can only schedule one FastPass+ reservation in Toy Story Land at a time. New FastPass+ rules at Disney’s Hollywood Studios require each guest’s three reservations to include one Tier 1 and two Tier 2 reservations at a time.
In addition to the new and improved attractions, an all new Quick Service dining location will open inside Toy Story Land called Woody’s Lunch Box. The walk-up counter service window, surrounded by Andy’s favorite toys and a vintage thermos, will serve delicious childhood favorites and old fashioned soda floats. The menu was developed by The Flavor Lab, in partnership with Mini Babybel.
- S’more French Toast Breakfast Sandwich: French toast stuffed with chocolate ganache and marshmallow, topped with graham cracker crumbles.
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich: Smoked turkey, eggs, swiss cheese, pepper and onions on Sourdough bread
- Breakfast Bowl: Potato barrels (tater tots), brisket country gravy and scrambled eggs
- BBQ Brisket Melt: Texas-style smoked brisket, cheddar and monterey jack cheese, pickles, and barbecue sauce on sourdough bead grilled with garlic butter.
- Monte Cristo: Grilled ham, turkey and swiss cheese sandwich with raspberry jam
- Totchos: Potato barrels (tater tots), corn chips, chili and cheese
- 3 Cheese Grilled Cheese: Sharp cheddar cream cheese spread, provolone, and cheddar cheese are French bread grilled in garlic butter.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait: Banana-vanilla Greek yogurt layered with honey, fresh bananas, strawberries and pineapple iwth granola and chocolate chips on top
- Lighter Smoked Turkey Sandwich: Smoked turkey, tomato, and lettuce on multigrain bread with creamy dijonnaise.
For Kids’ Meals, guests have a choice between grilled cheese or turkey sandwiches served with potato barrels and mandarin oranges. Other sides and snacks offered at Woody’s Lunch Box include tomato basil soup, vegetable macaroni salad, potato barrels, mini Babybel cheese, and lunch box tarts inspired by breakfast toaster pastries. The hand-held tarts come with either a raspberry filling, topped with icing and dried fruit, or a chocolate hazlenut filling topped with icing and caramelized bacon.
A variety of specialty beverages will also be served, such as soda floats, beer, and hard cider. Souvenir alien sippers filled with any fountain drink will be available for purchase. Unique to Woody’s Lunch Box are Mystic Portal Punch, Mountain Berry Blast Powerade mixed with lemon- lime and tangerine flavors, and Grown-Up Lemonade, made with cherry vodka, Odwalla lemonade, and black cherry puree.
While wandering around Andy’s Backyard, you never know what familiar faces you may run into. Woody, Buzz and Jessie will all be available for daily meet and greets at various times. Guests can also catch a performance from Sarge & The Green Army Man Drum Corps, who will march through the land several times throughout the day. During these sightings, Sarge will stop to play “Sarge Says” and other games as well as lead an interactive bootcamp for guests who are interested in becoming official recruits.