Universal Orlando Resort’s newest addition will officially be open for reservations starting August 16! Aventura Hotel, the seventh hotel to open at the resort, is shaping up to be the most technologically advanced yet. Like Universal’s Cabana Bay Resort, the new hotel will offer Prime Value rates. The modern skyscraper style hotel offers awesome views of Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay.
Rooms & Suites
Universal’s Aventura Hotel offers three different types of rooms to choose from. Standard guest rooms sleep four guests with either two queen beds or a king bed and a pull-out couch. Queen bed rooms are 314 square feet and King bed rooms are 238 square feet. Skyline view rooms feature two queen beds. Deluxe guest rooms are larger, 395 square feet, with two queen or king bed and pull-out couch with a memory foam mattress options. Standard and deluxe rooms both offer two-compartment bathrooms, with separate toilet/shower and vanity/sink areas. These rooms start at $116 per night*, plus tax. Families can opt for the 575 square foot Kids Suites, which sleep five guests. Each room has a king bed, a separate interior area with two twin beds for kids, and a pull-out couch. Suites start at $26 per night*, plus tax.
In-room amenities for the rooms and suites include:
- Complimentary wireless internet access in guest rooms (and most of the hotel’s common areas)
- A coffee maker and mini refrigerator
- Convenient outlets for charging your devices
- A hairdryer
- HVAC controls with smart room technology
- An in-room safe
- An iron and ironing board
- A flat panel TV with HD channels and on demand in room movies available for an additional fee
- Complimentary shampoo, conditioner, body soap and facial soap in the bathrooms
Much like the resort’s other hotels, staying at Universal’s Aventura Hotel comes with several park benefits. Guests with reservations get early admission to Universal’s Volcano bay and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure one hour before the park opens to the general public. Complimentary transportation between the hotel and the parks is available via complimentary shuttle buses and walking paths that connect the hotel to all four Universal destinations. Your room key also unlocks some special benefits, including resort wide device charging and complimentary entry to Universal CityWalk’s live entertainment venues. You can also have any souvenirs purchased throughout the day delivered to your hotel room so you don’t have to carry them all around the parks.
Restaurants & Lounges
Bar 17 Bistro is located on the hotel’s rooftop and offers both unique and classic fare. Here, you can also order craft cocktails that pair perfectly with the menu’s urban international items. The bistro is open late afternoon into the evening and late-night.
- Craft Cocktails/Mocktails: Sip on modern frozen drinks like the Firebird (tequila, jalapeno, strawberry, and cilantro), Dew Point Hooligan, Almost Sangria, Devils Umbrella, or the non-alcoholic Pineapple Turmeric Lemonade
- Small Plates: Choose from a variety of bao buns with fillings like Braised Pork Belly or Firecracker Shrimp, citrus-inspired salads like the Summer Beet and Glazed Fig Salad, and Waygu Beef Sliders with horseradish mayonnaise, gruyere cheese, roasted pepper chutney and watercress.
The hotel’s primary dining area is the Urban Pantry, a culmination of several high-quality restaurants with tons of different options inspired by food from cities like San Francisco and London. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, guests can grab their food and eat indoors or out by the pool. Options include:
- Roast Station: Hearty entrees like lamb, prime rib, chicken, salmon and paella with a variety of side dishes including quinoa, couscous, potatoes, and vegetables.
- Pizza Station: Watch chefs create fresh gourmet pies with toppings like prosciutto or smoked salmon, baked in stone ovens. This station also offers a gelato sandwich for dessert.
- Wok Station: Order customized bowls of stir fry or ramen with a choice of steak, shrimp, or tofu and an assortment of vegetables. Here, you can also order sushi, tuna poke, crab spring rolls, or dumplings.
- Burger Station: Made to order burgers with angus beef, turkey or vegetable patties and a variety of toppings like Gouda cheese, bacon and fig jam, or roasted mushrooms or you can opt for a Florida Grouper sandwich instead.
Each station will offer wine and beer that pairs nicely with the style of cuisine, such as sake and Asian beer at the Wok Station.
In addition to the restaurants, there are two full-service bars at Aventura, one in the lobby and one by the pool. At the spacious Lobby bar, guests can enjoy cocktails in a spacious but inviting lounge. The Poolside bar offers frozen drinks, cocktails, beer and wine to sip on while basking in the sun. You’ll also find a Starbucks coffee shop conveniently located in the lobby.
The pool and outdoor fire pit provide a great place to relax outside while kids play in the splash zone. Other amenities include a complimentary state of the art fitness center, virtual reality game room, and Universal Studios Store. The gift shop sells Universal souvenir items like towels, t-shirts, and toys as well as travel essentials and toiletries.