Because Orlando is full of theme parks and attractions that make the city unique, it’s easy to go beyond the chocolate hearts and flower bouquets this Valentine’s Day with a special celebration like no other. Whether you’re looking to stroll around a festival or prefer to enjoy dinner and a show with a twist, here are a few ways to take your day to the next level.
Take a Vintage Water Tour at Disney Springs
The BOATHOUSE, located in The Landing at Disney Springs, offers daily tours around the lake via amphicar that allows guests to explore Disney Springs landmarks in a unique way. Up to four people can enjoy a romantic cruise around the lake in a vintage 40-foot Italian water taxi for $125 per car. In addition to the special tour, you can make the day even more special by indulging in some of the other Valentine’s Day delights around Disney Springs. Exclusive treats and menus available on February 14 include:
- Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew: Heart-shaped donut topped with sweet cream and heart sprinkles
- Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Soda Fountain: “Buy One Get One Half Off” on all Ghirardelli sundaes
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea: Fairytale Love Latte made with espresso, milk, dark chocolate sauce, caramel, and coconut syrup (Seasonal gift sets are also available while supplies last!)
- Paddlefish: Chef’s Special Seafood Boil for Two featuring Maine lobster, Key West shrimp, Cedar Key littlenecks, corn bread, red potatoes, and sweet corn for $89 per couple (Add a bottle of Sparkling Cava for $30)
- Planet Hollywood: Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe Special ($34.95) including a choice of house or caesar salad, roasted prime rib or grouper, and New York cheesecake with strawberry sauce (Add champagne for $6 per glass or $18 per bottle)
- Jaleo by Jose Andres: Chef’s Tasting Experience for Two ($95 per person) and special menu items including seared scallops, fried shrimp, pork ‘canelones’ with bechamel sauce, and berry soup with cheese ice cream
- Terralina Crafted Italian: Chef Justin’s special pre-fixe menu for two ($90 per couple) featuring spicy shrimp scampi, braised bone-in short rib, wild mushroom and fennel risotto, and tiramisu (Add a bottle of Villa Sparina Rose for $30)
- Sprinkles: Valentines Red Velvet Cupcake made with red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting, and Luck in Love sprinkles
- YeSake: Chocolate Cherry Boba Tea served with heart-shaped sprinkles and chocolate chips
- Vivoli il Gelato: The Love Potion featuring vanilla gelato, Fanta strawberry, whipped cream, sugar rock candy, and sprinkles
Spend the Day at a Festival
Special events and festivals always make for memorable dates because it’s not something you can experience any day of the week.
A Taste of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts
At Epcot, you can spend your Valentine’s Day enjoying a celebration of visual, culinary, and performing arts from around the world. The park’s annual arts fest is modified this year, with changes like the removal of artist workshops and a concert series, there is still plenty to look forward to!
The culinary arts are on full display with a variety of innovative and unique Food Studios set up all around the World Showcase. You can indulge in all kinds of creative concoctions at each. Performing arts are celebrated all throughout the park during a Taste of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. At select locations and stages, incredible performances are on display at varying dates and times during the event. You can preview all the Food Studio menus and see all of this year’s interactive activities in this guide to a Taste of the Epcot International Festival of Arts!
SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival
Another festival option is the Seven Seas Food Festival at SeaWorld Orlando. This annual event, which takes place on Fridays – Sundays, is a celebration of food, drink, and entertainment from around the world. Indulge in delicious handcrafted menus that represent the regions of the world at 26 different festival marketplaces set up around the park.
At Bayside Stadium, you can enjoy live performances from tribute bands honoring popular performers, including:
- Let’s Get Loud – A Jennifer Lopez Tribute
- Born This Way – A Tribute to LADY GAGA
- One More Time – A Britney Spears Tribute
Mardi Gras Celebrations
At Universal Orlando, you can celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Carnaval-inspired celebration that includes international cuisine from Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Germany, Spain, and other regions. Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando also features entertainment such as street performers, music, and tons of beads.
Not far from Orlando, the Mardi Gras festivities are also in full swing at Busch Gardens Tampa. The parkwide party takes place on select dates through Fat Tuesday. You can enjoy live music, exclusive food and beverage offerings, and other Mardi Gras festivities from noon to park close on event days. This year, the Mardi Gras celebration is expanded, with French Quarter-inspired open air festivities throughout the park.
Movie Night in the Garden
There aren’t many places in the country where you can enjoy a date night outside in February. However, you can take your romantic celebration outdoors at Leu Gardens. You are permitted to bring your own food and drinks on to the 50-acre property, which makes for the perfect socially distant picnic spot. Admission is $6 per person and can be purchased online in advance. Then on Valentine’s Day, just pack up a picnic meal, bring your own chairs or blankets, and settle in for a romantic movie night. The feature film on February 14 is “When Harry Met Sally”. Because of the movie’s R-rating, guests who are under 17 years old will need to be accompanied by an adult. Face masks are required during the event and in all buildings on the property. The Gardens open at 6:00 PM and the movie starts at 7:00 PM, weather permitting.
Enjoy A Sky-High Date Night
You and your Valentine can share a private capsule on The Wheel at ICON Park for a sweet date night 400 feet above Orlando. ICON Park’s “Sweet On You” package includes a 40-minute ride in your own capsule, a rose for your loved one, a bottle of sparkling wine with a souvenir koozie (upgrade to Taittinger Champagne at the Deck Bar for $40), two red velvet cupcakes, a VIP photo package, and a scoop of gelato from Sugar Factory after your ride.
Whether you prefer a quiet evening or a day full of activity, there is no shortage of unique ways to celebrate your loved ones this Valentine’s Day in Orlando. Check out this guide to see what’s happening in the parks all month long!