One of Central Florida’s music festivals, Viva la Música, is coming back to SeaWorld Orlando with new flavors, and exciting concerts from some of the hottest Hispanic artists in the industry. The festive celebration will run on Saturdays April 16 and 23, and May 7 and 14 and is included with any general SeaWorld park admission. Viva la Música activities begin at 12 p.m. each Saturday at the Bayside pathway, with concerts starting at 3 p.m. at Bayside Stadium.
On Saturday, April 16, salsa and Latin artist, Jerry Rivera will take the stage. Rivera has sold more than 11 million records and has topped the Billboard chart with gold and platinum songs. The following weekend on Saturday, April 23, Latin Grammy winner, Víctor Manuelle will perform for guests hit songs like “No Quería Engañarte” from his multiplatinum albums.
New and authentic cuisine will be prepared by SeaWorld Orlando’s Executive Chef Hector Colon as foodies and music lovers enjoy this family-friendly annual festival . Guests can also purchase unique merchandise from local artisans that reflect the true spirit of Latin culture.
Flavors to taste
- Chef’s signature creations – New this year at Mango Joe’s is the Hamburguesa Cubana, a hamburger made with a chorizo, ground beef and pork patty. Plus, guests who visit Seafire Grill, Cypress Bakery and Mango Joe’s will find an array of Latin infused limited-time dishes.
- New, savory and authentic dishes this year include:
- Piononos – Sweet plantain stuffed with traditional seasoned ground beef
- Morcilla – Traditional Latin American blood sausage
- Sorullitos – Caribbean-style fried polenta sticks
- Frituras de camarones – Skewered shrimp fritters with fried plantains
- Lechón asado – Traditional roaster pork rubbed with Caribbean spices
- Some of the guests’ returning favorites include piraguas (shaved ice with tropical flavors), bacalaítos (fried salted codfish pancakes), pinchos (skewered grilled meat with fried plantains) and tripletas, a hearty sandwich made with roast pork, chicken, steak and cheese topped with potato sticks and a special sauce.
Pastries, desserts, beers, margaritas, mojitos, cuba libres, wine and a special house-made sparkling red sangria are also available throughout the event pathway.
SOUNDS TO HEAR
Every Saturday during Viva la Música, upbeat concerts from internationally renowned stars of reggaeton, salsa, merengue and more will take the stage at SeaWorld Orlando’s Bayside Stadium for exciting live concerts.
Scheduled performances include:
- Saturday, April 16: Jerry Rivera
- Saturday, April 23: Víctor Manuelle
- Saturday, May 7: To be announced
- Saturday, May 14: To be announced
- Jardín – Returning this year is the Viva la Música garden, providing a more relaxing environment for the entire family, but still just steps away from the main fiesta. Seating and Domino tables are available for guests to relax and enjoy in this area as well.
- Mercados – Sprinkled across the event pathway will be small shops stationed with original merchandise inspired by the Latin culture and created by local artisans and artists including handmade oil paintings, organic jewelry and much more.
- Festive Latin Atmosphere – The Bayside pathway will come alive with bright colors, Caribbean décor, dance floors and DJs spinning live music hits.
You can purchase discount SeaWorld Orlando tickets from Tickets2You.com and enjoy the Viva la Música festival included with any admission! Shop online now for discount Orlando theme park and attraction tickets at Tickets2You.com!